Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will chaos be overpopulated O.o?

Comments

• EldaElda Member Posts: 343

Originally posted by cheshyrecat
    amusingly enough i don't see many people talking about rune priests....ah well.  more money for me! image   green skins and chaos alike will learn to fear my rune weapons! image
    I'm not sure yet, I will see in open beta or at launch for sure, but I think I will join your side. Only then you will provide me with some thick heavy armour with nice runes on it, and I will keep everyone away from (I will just stand before you, and I'll be soo big none is going to get past me) tanking ftw! :P

• Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454

Empire ftw!

Roleplay, Conquer, Destroy

for sigmar. for the empire.

Roleplay? You think that's part of the Empire?

I think there is no need to play Empire if you want to roleplay. You can RP with every race (OK, I have to admit, maybe talking Orcish might be a bit hard to understand sometimes :P)

Originally posted by Elda
    Roleplay? You think that's part of the Empire?

I think there is no need to play Empire if you want to roleplay. You can RP with every race (OK, I have to admit, maybe talking Orcish might be a bit hard to understand sometimes :P)

Im just saying empire has roleplay. I have a thing for the good guys, so theres no need to play destruction until later on. My empire will prolly end up as my main, then ill prolly make up a dwarf and high elf, or course, i will roleplay with them all to bring out different personalities. image
  • sjonasjona Member Posts: 194

well, most of the races dont own the insane amount of personality, needed to "roleplay" :P

forexample: chaos warriors arnt driven by their own lust, but the gods desires.
    orcs just like fights.
    and i wouldnt call dwarven "i-love-gold/beer" for a personality.

Originally posted by sjona

well, most of the races dont own the insane amount of personality, needed to "roleplay" :P
    orcs just like fights.

me = empire roleplay

end of story

lol

well, most of the races dont own the insane amount of personality, needed to "roleplay" :P forexample: chaos warriors arnt driven by their own lust, but the gods desires.
    orcs just like fights.

You say those races don't have personalties and then you name them all!

Why can you roleplay with a human who is fighting for his emperor.
    And why can't you roleplay with a chaos human who does the same only then for a god.

Maybe it's a bit harder to get yourself into the role of a grumpy drunk dwarf, but as soon as you are, I think it's even more fun then when you are a human.

orcs just like fights.

And why can't you roleplay with a chaos human who does the same only then for a god.

Maybe it's a bit harder to get yourself into the role of a grumpy drunk dwarf, but as soon as you are, I think it's even more fun then when you are a human.

I cant say that WAR will be anything like this, but usually in WoW, i find that most humans and most elfs are the ones who roleplay either the most or are the ones who heavy RP.

I picked the empire ( chaos was my first choice ) because humans are just the "normal" race IMO. I love to just be "normal" but still have the freedom to choose how i want to roleplay. The "dark and misterious" guy, or the hero of light. Lots to choose from.

• sjonasjona Member Posts: 194

well, most of the races dont own the insane amount of personality, needed to "roleplay" :P forexample: chaos warriors arnt driven by their own lust, but the gods desires.
    orcs just like fights.

the dwarf isnt the most simplistic of the races; thats the orc :P
    im just saying the races are very attached to some material(such as gods they would go to the grave for)

i would like to take back my roleplaying-opinion back ::::15:: i meant UNIQUE personalities, to roleplay.. >.<

yes you're probably right about that. At least I think you mean that when you roleplay as an Empire human, you can more make an unique RP char. You can be selfish-sigmar follower to death-emperor follower to death-Good guy-Bad guy- etc.

While when you're an orc as you said, you HAVE to act dump, because... you are! :P

And roleplaying as an elf, you can't act like a dwarf with all the cursing and shit. While you'd also never see a dwarf who formaly addresses someone.
    But as a human, you can do both.

Thanks Sjona, you made me see this, I hadn't thought of it before :)

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

i wouldnt call dwarven "i-love-gold/beer" for a personality.

I'm gonna disagree on that one.  Just for the above comment i'm gonna make a 2h runed hammer named 'personality' image

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

• mjkittredgemjkittredge Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by kordrial

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

i want the skaven >.<

Yeah, Skaven and Undead, those would be my first choices. I suppose they are saving the best for last, expansion material. I have a feeling it will be worth the wait, the original 6 will be the test dummies and the next 2 in an expansion will be huge improvements after they've learned their lessons nerfing and altering what they started with.
  • VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

My guild is an order guild but a lot of us wil be playing destruction side as well - THe classes (well hte ones revealed so far..) seem very interesting and perosnally i want to get all of the milage out of the game as possible...

I think once the final 2 empire classes are announced even more people will be considering playing on the side of order... of course tho once hte chaos classes are revaled there will prolly be even more ZOMG CHAOS 4 LIFE ::::01::

All I know is I dont want to be on either end of a zerg

• AngelfireAngelfire Member Posts: 145
    Well I know right now the current characters I have planned are first and foremost a dwarf with a goblin as an alt. I dont think there will be heavy population problems one way or the other. 

• Shaman64Shaman64 Member Posts: 399
    Warrior priest of sigmar first and foremost, the dwarven runepriest also looks fun. Might try em all except for the elfs. Never had a thing for elfs.

• NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174

You all know it's the armor that looks good on the Chaos, right?
    W8 untill u see the real look of an Chaos.. They is not called Chaos for nothing...image

But i dont think everyone will choose em just because they are cool... I don't see anyway all noobs is willing to play weeks only to see the "cool" look of an Chaos..  If u are a player who look to kill stuff.. u gotta go and get a char that will fit u.. and Chaos is not all dreamers choice..

Im gonna play with Darkelfs i think.. but still much to create and fix in this game.. so w8 and see..

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• NeonShadowNeonShadow Member UncommonPosts: 326

I suspect that Chaos will turn out like Undead in WoW.

Can't be for sure thought we'll just have to wait and see how thing's turn out in the end.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Umm yeah you thought wrong. :p

Chaos Unveiled

I'm going to make a thread to show people Chaos :)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• eumenidexeumenidex Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by checkthis500
    Umm yeah you thought wrong. :p

Chaos Unveiled

I'm going to make a thread to show people Chaos :)

Yeah...in the light (or should i say the shadow?) of this article i'm going to have to change my expectations a Bit. Chaos is Going to be rediculously popular.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    Chaos is for WAR what Night Elfs is for WoW image.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by Godliest
    Chaos is for WAR what Night Elfs is for WoW image.

::::07::

• JorkinJorkin Member Posts: 19

Well I'm a Warhammer vet of 15 years, if the last Warhammer campaign is anything to go by, then Empire/Order should be the most popular as numbers go. If the game pulls in the warhammer crowd as intended then they will probably balance out the obvious PC Gamer influences towards the biggest/coolest looking guys on offer.

The forces of disorder were way outnumbered in the last campaign which went a long way towards why they got their asses handed to them on a Empire shaped shield.

I'm really looking forward to the game anyway, the bringing together of my 2 greatest loves....hmm well maybe beer should be in there somewhere tooimage

• NoctiqueNoctique Member Posts: 216
    Drink beer while playing the game?

Then all three loves will be there.

And by looking at the current poll at this moment in time it looks like Empire and Dwarfs will be the high runners, with chaos only at 7.1%?

Prehaps the distruction side is more balanced between orcs, chaos and dark elves were as theres a low pop to high elves on the order side.

Die Noctique, By Day and Night

• jbriss88jbriss88 Member Posts: 12
    whoever made this topic and likes dwarves RULE ON DWARFS RULE AND guys if this game is that pop not everyone is gnna play chaos there looks mayb cool but if u play the racve jsut cuz they look cool then thats pointless,yea i think dwarfs look cool but im not gonna play em just for that, i love dwarves i like the carers they have
  • barrett99barrett99 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Jorkin

Well I'm a Warhammer vet of 15 years, if the last Warhammer campaign is anything to go by, then Empire/Order should be the most popular as numbers go. If the game pulls in the warhammer crowd as intended then they will probably balance out the obvious PC Gamer influences towards the biggest/coolest looking guys on offer.
    The forces of disorder were way outnumbered in the last campaign which went a long way towards why they got their asses handed to them on a Empire shaped shield.
    I'm really looking forward to the game anyway, the bringing together of my 2 greatest loves....hmm well maybe beer should be in there somewhere tooimage

yes its true,and apparently the game designers of the TT were not impressed and actaully wanted chaos to win.The good point from an mmo stand point is the northen empire is in ruins , so there will be lots of enemies to kill and its a great area for PVP.

I personally wont play choas because of the god they have picked :( any of the other 3 would have been fine.Or even a diffrent god for each class.Slannesh = DPS , Tzeench for the caster , Khrone for the front line heavy armour DPS and the nurgle charecter for the main tank.

What will really annoy me is if choas get a ranged class other then the mage.