Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get some official follow up from MMORPG.com on the Spellborn contest?

It's been a few days since the last of the 250 were confirmed and we've seen Freeze from the TCoS staff stop by to let us know what they are planning, but it would be good to hear from MMORPG.com since they ran the contest (I know Cyber Creations Inc. is the force behind the whole thing though.)

What's the official word here?  I don't expect anything to suddenly change :)  I just want to know how it's being handled over here :)

Comments

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

They're out handpicking the servers now. 

In fact I was able to sneak a copy of the handbook for the power supply they're looking at using.

Power Supply Handbook

• DraquidenDraquiden Member Posts: 10

Rofl

image I LoL'd

• AlienShoresAlienShores Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Is there any maintenance needed on the wheels for them to run in?  I mean to insure efficient power generation I assume they'll have to occasionally grease the wheels and such ;)

If there's dip in power does it mean they need to give some Redbull to the little guys? image

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by AlienShores
    Is there any maintenance needed on the wheels for them to run in?  I mean to insure efficient power generation I assume they'll have to occasionally grease the wheels and such ;)

If there's dip in power does it mean they need to give some Redbull to the little guys? image

Well from what I've heard this is cutting edge stuff.  It looks like the wheel is made of some high tech material that doesn't need grease and for energy they advise against giving them Redbull since it gives them wings and they just fly away...  I'm sure you can see how that would be a bad thing.  :(

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187

I got the winning ticket email.

I confirmed that ticket at MMORPG.com and officially won the contest (with 250 others). But I have not ever received the beta access account key. Or any other information on this... i'm in the dark.

I posted over at the spellborn forums to see if anyone had any insight on this contest hosted by mmorpg.com and have yet to recieve an official response. 

I'd sure like to know whats going on...

P.S. If anyone knows whats going on please PM me.

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187

NM I just found this:

Originally posted by Tharcide
    ------------------------------------------------------------

From Freeze(In the "Gratz" topic):

We expect to get the full list of winners from the mmorpg.com staff within the next few days. Winners can expect more details and information via email within 2 weeks.

Thanks again for understanding and i hope to see you all soon in the world of Spellborn. Cheers, Marco 'Freeze' van Haren
    PR Manager TCoS

-------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the confusion.

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

No word yet here.

Same for the rest of us.  What's interesting that I didn't think of until just now is that in the contest rules shown here: Spellborn Contest Rules
    There's this bit of very explicit text:

NOTE: This contest is being operated solely by MMORPG.COM, not Spellborn International. Any issues/disputes that arise as a result of this contest will be handled by CCI/MMORPG.COM. Members are NOT to contact Spellborn International regarding this contest.

The irony is that we haven't heard a single thing from MMORPG.com since the contest ended, but we *have* been given at least some info from a TCoS representative.  I suppose there's no breach of the contest rules since TCoS initiated contact. image

Mainly this is all just grumbling while we (im)patiently wait for the next step :)

• OutriderOutrider Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by AlienShores

The irony is that we haven't heard a single thing from MMORPG.com since the contest ended, but we *have* been given at least some info from a TCoS representative.  I suppose there's no breach of the contest rules since TCoS initiated contact. image

Aside from the game looking good in concept, that actually gives me a lot of hope for this development team...it gives one the impression they take an active interest in their fanbase, unlike certain other companies which shall remain unnamed... :P

Originally posted by Outrider
    Aside from the game looking good in concept, that actually gives me a lot of hope for this development team...it gives one the impression they take an active interest in their fanbase, unlike certain other companies which shall remain unnamed... :P

Certain other companies? pfft, I can think of one in particular, but yeah... best to just let it go :)
  • jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149
    I also won and confirmed, and am also wondering what is going on.  I don't have a problem with being patient, it's one of my strong suits, but I sure would like to know what to expect as a winner of the contest.  :)
  • chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383
    I have been pacing up and down for so long I have worn out my boots and the carpet

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The list of winners was given to Spellborn about a week ago.  They will be in charge of getting you into the beta from there.  Basically, your prize was a guaranteed slot in their next beta phase - not that you would get into the beta immediately.

I believe you will hear from them in the next week or two.

Hang in there image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

Understood image

*puts on a fresh pair of boots*

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149
    Excellent, thanks for the update! :)
  • KungfubarKungfubar Member Posts: 34
    yay an official update from admin!!
  • jdedeauxjdedeaux Member Posts: 88
    i remember them stating that it will be in late november we will get in, someone posted a link to it on their official site on another thread. browse for it.
  • TeulaarTeulaar Member Posts: 22
    if  all goes  well we have  max 7 more days  to wait image