Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual wields?

ManweZManweZ Member Posts: 65
Do they exist within this game?

Comments

• ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77
    Sure there are. Assassins for the win. They use daggers, chakrams and all different kinds of dual-wielding weapons. 

Even to myself I'm a genius

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Not really.

Weapons are currently set up so that they either take the weapon hand or both hands. Daggers are an odd exception where they are single hand weapons, but they always come as a pair so they always take both hands. You can not dual wield weapons that are normally single handed (like swords and axes).

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Originally posted by Zerand
    Sure there are. Assassins for the win. They use daggers, chakrams and all different kinds of dual-wielding weapons. 
    yup

• ManweZManweZ Member Posts: 65
    Thank you.
  • NinixNinix Member Posts: 190
    as far as i know... only sins are able 2 have duel wield O.o

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by VGJustice
    Not really.

Weapons are currently set up so that they either take the weapon hand or both hands. Daggers are an odd exception where they are single hand weapons, but they always come as a pair so they always take both hands. You can not dual wield weapons that are normally single handed (like swords and axes).

Correct, but I'd also add it's not a merely aesthetic feature. Assassins have a chance to dual strike when not using attack skills, dependant on your ranks in Dagger Mastery; the percentage can be increased by skills like Locust's Fury (can't remember if there's others), and they always dual strike when using a Dual Attack in their combos.

• Originally posted by Akaraxle
    Originally posted by VGJustice
    Not really.Weapons are currently set up so that they either take the weapon hand or both hands. Daggers are an odd exception where they are single hand weapons, but they always come as a pair so they always take both hands. You can not dual wield weapons that are normally single handed (like swords and axes).
    Correct, but I'd also add it's not a merely aesthetic feature. Assassins have a chance to dual strike when not using attack skills, dependant on your ranks in Dagger Mastery; the percentage can be increased by skills like Locust's Fury (can't remember if there's others), and they always dual strike when using a Dual Attack in their combos.

The important point is that daggers look like a dual wield and have the double strike chance, and in that sense behave like a dual wield.  However they come as a SET.  So you cannot wield two differnt daggers.  You effectively wield two of the same dagger.