Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG lineage II is soooooo boring.

1235»

Comments

• MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

Lol..i hear you Shae. Im checking out some of the clans on my server now. Though i did see something yesterday that i had never experienced before lol.....

In the starting orc village, like 30 dwafs with names like "rrzz" and "rrcc" and "rrqq" ( you get the point) were constantly spawning inside town and was attacking a guard...then died hundreds of times then the dwarfs started to attack another guard. If that is a form of botting, i dont think the bots are going to be farming very much, except for death lol.

I cant wait till i kill my first bot.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by MajorBiggs

Lol..i hear you Shae. Im checking out some of the clans on my server now. Though i did see something yesterday that i had never experienced before lol.....
    In the starting orc village, like 30 dwafs with names like "rrzz" and "rrcc" and "rrqq" ( you get the point) were constantly spawning inside town and was attacking a guard...then died hundreds of times then the dwarfs started to attack another guard. If that is a form of botting, i dont think the bots are going to be farming very much, except for death lol.
    I cant wait till i kill my first bot.

Heh yup, welcome to quite possibly the worst part of L2, the bots... UGHH!!! To say they suck is the biggest understatement in the gaming industry.

What you saw there was a pack of farmer/bots de-leveling themselves to continue farming a certain area. Thankfully as of recently NCSoft seems to have taken a bigger interest in ridding the game of these vermon but one has to wonder to what ends.

Best of luck finding a clan MB, let me know if you need a hand in the process, you know I'd be more then happy to help out.

• trigger190trigger190 Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by Lucrecia
    Just a silly question.

Is the bang bang gang still around?

bang bang gang: The farmers that yelled 'bang bang' whenever you entered 'their' farming territory and you refused to leave.

I believe you mean "rang rang"
    And yes, they're still abundant in popular farming zones, there's plenty of player who oppose them though.

• Kingstonex3Kingstonex3 Member Posts: 28
    Yeah  they're right, just leave the stuff alone and switch to other mmo.. i would suggest to try the upcoming latest expansion of wow - The Burning Crusade.. I can hardly wait next year to play it. lol

Ang Sundalong Nasusugatan Nag-iibayo ang Tapang ^^^

https://gamersloot.net/catalog/

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Orthosin

Got to level 10 and the grind was so omg. And there was barly any players to interact with. Why was this game created? Why are there no auction houses in any korean made mmos ok ok i give archlord credit for that but archlord is a whole nother suckage in itself.
    Why do koreans make mmos? They have not got one right yet. Before i get bashed by a crazy anime fan or korean mmo lover i have played many korean mmos and i have got bored QUICK i walk into some huge town asking to group and i see nothing but a bunch of people sitting on the ground spamming items. PLLLLLEASE eastern countrys stick to making single player RPGs.  

I know your all saying well if you dont like em dont play em. Thats not the case instead of wasting money on these craptastic games they could put that money to making awesome single player rpgs.

Lineage 2 does suck monkey, but for no reason that was included in this post.

I can handle the grind, I can even handle no players at low levels ( there really aren't as many low level players anymore, but who cares? Get past level 20 and then it would suck not to find anyone ). What I can't handle is chinese/asian gold farmers/bots. There is a special place in hell for people who bot.

Lineage 2 was an AMAZING game without the bots. I truly loved it until I ran into them. Gorgeous graphics, rare chances for drops (makes it more exciting when you actually do get one IMO), great PVP system, Castle sieges...the list goes on and on. If not for the bots.image

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    If you guys join Franz (the newest server), there will be a TON of bots, trust me. I tried making a new character there, and I couldn't handle it.

But, I suggest joining one of the older servers, it seems to have a lot less.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    My best advice is to find some friends in game or a guild to play with and get into trouble. Seriously, pick fights with people b/c it makes the game very interesting.

Originally posted by SantaClaws48
    My best advice is to find some friends in game or a guild to play with and get into trouble. Seriously, pick fights with people b/c it makes the game very interesting.
    Haha that is what I did at level 1 and on image!

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203

Lineage 2 is all about clans. If you want to solo 1-80 sure its possible but thats not what lineage 2 is about. Guild politics start really early and not at 80 as is claimed by some haters. Just pk some lower levels from other clans and before you know it two clans can be at war or it can even become bigger where two alliances are getting into a war. You dont like who is holding a castle, try to get people on your side to helpout by a siege, again politcs.

With the first posts coming from korea about the next big update the pvp will only get better. THere will be fortresses so the little clans can have their war. Getting a castle is pretty though and certainly for the smaller guilds. They are thinking about airships and as i recall they are thinking about fights on water too (correct me if i am wrong, its early here and am still eating breakfast =p).

Fact is, lineage 2 has grinding. ANother fact is there will be people who dont like that and therefor not want to play the game. Another fact is that pvp battles and wars can start at the low levels too (not as certain people claim that you have to grind first before you can have fun). And the biggest fact is that tjhe lineage people are happy with their game, sure we could use some improvements but claiming lineage 2 sucks after playing for 11 levels (30 minutes and you have that level) and then stating that therefor the rest of the game must suck too is fun to read. Most likely the OP solo'd a lot in those 30 minutes mostly. And yes if you only want to play lineage 2 watching the xp level grow then i could understand the reasoning of a sucky game. But pardon me, lineage 2 wasnt made with that reason.

• byongjoonbyongjoon Member Posts: 7

so how many people still play lineage2? I stoped playing at C2 and I was thinking about playing again.

if i get $30 pak I'll get 30 days +14 days.

should i start again?

i dont have much time to play (Army) i need some game i can play in freetime.

I tried WOW but its just too ugly to play.

are there alot of people still playing lineage2? I'm still thinking its too late to start over again.

It is never too late, I am playing.

The trial is bringing some new players in as well plus leveling has gotten easier. When you join the game, try joining an academy of a guild and they will most probably help you get to 40 since they get bonuses for that. image

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

what char is popular now? also are there many people in franz server?

or should i play in old servers

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by byongjoon

what char is popular now? also are there many people in franz server?
    or should i play in old servers

Nukers are popular as always, that's just the nature of L2 though. Daggers and Archers are FoTM now, daggers can crit right through CC and Archers (Hawkeyes being the top of these) are hard to handle now especially if your a buffer/healer/support.

Franz, from what I hear, is doing very well, so are the older servers. I'd suggest checking the community boards and getting a feel for the politics and the goings on of the server.

• OwenMcQOwenMcQ Member Posts: 91

if i get $30 pak I'll get 30 days +14 days. should i start again? i dont have much time to play (Army) i need some game i can play in freetime. are there alot of people still playing lineage2? . . .
    If you have a fast connection, I'd suggest downloading the client, as you can get it for $20 then.

Still seems to be quite a few people playing, especially with the trial going on now. There are as many bots as people though. Making a bot-killer character would probably be quite fun actually. ;)

Not sure you'd have enough time to advance in the game though, being in the Army. However, you've played it before, so I'm sure you know the drill by now.

• FaurFaur Member Posts: 330

I've played Anarchy Online, SWG (both pre-and-post CU), CoH/V, RO, WoW, Lineage 1, Ryzom, Eve, Pristontale, RFO, and a plaethora of trials and betas of other mmos. I always come back to Lineage 2.

The pvp and politics aspect doesn't really start until after level 50-60-70. You're pretty "nonfactor" up until 40-50 unless you're a clan/alliance leader or officer. It does involve a lot of grinding, but quitting before 50 and saying it's all about the grind is not showing the game justice. Quitting before 50 *because* you didn't like the grind is a whole other thing. It's people quitting before 50 and concluding that level 50-80 is like level 1-50 that peeves me quite a bit.

Currently, our alliance is at war with one of the biggest alliances on the server. This means we are open to attack eachother without penalty, and we have meetings 2-3 times a week to try and gain support from other clans, and to negotiate with our enemy. As far as I'm concerned this is about as far away from a grind that you can get. Not many mmo's have this "human factor".

L2 is the "biggest" mmo I know about to date. I've played it for 2 years and I still have tons I want to achieve and do.

I also quite like their regular (and free, mind you) expansions. The next expansion that's in development plans to introduce naval/aerial (sea and air) combat, the ability to war nations on other servers, and capes (finally). Preview here: http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56102

It's true that you need to play it alot to get to a level where you can really get the whole package, and it's perfectly understandable if people just don't have that kind of time. It just miffs me when people play it for 10 levels and conclude the whole game is a grind, and the people who play it are just there for the graphics or something.

if i pay $30 i can start installing right now and play right away after patch. $30 has c5 so i dont think there are many patches. Also $30 gives me 1 month free along with 15 day.

I cant make decision to play on old servers or franz server.

start over from scratch from franz or play on old server with money from friend.

he said i can have 5 mil if i start on his server.

how long franz was around for?

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Originally posted by Faur
    I've played Anarchy Online, SWG (both pre-and-post CU), CoH/V, RO, WoW, Lineage 1, Ryzom, Eve, Pristontale, RFO, and a plaethora of trials and betas of other mmos. I always come back to Lineage 2.

The pvp and politics aspect doesn't really start until after level 50-60-70. You're pretty "nonfactor" up until 40-50 unless you're a clan/alliance leader or officer. It does involve a lot of grinding, but quitting before 50 and saying it's all about the grind is not showing the game justice. Quitting before 50 *because* you didn't like the grind is a whole other thing. It's people quitting before 50 and concluding that level 50-80 is like level 1-50 that peeves me quite a bit.

Currently, our alliance is at war with one of the biggest alliances on the server. This means we are open to attack eachother without penalty, and we have meetings 2-3 times a week to try and gain support from other clans, and to negotiate with our enemy. As far as I'm concerned this is about as far away from a grind that you can get. Not many mmo's have this "human factor".

L2 is the "biggest" mmo I know about to date. I've played it for 2 years and I still have tons I want to achieve and do.

I also quite like their regular (and free, mind you) expansions. The next expansion that's in development plans to introduce naval/aerial (sea and air) combat, the ability to war nations on other servers, and capes (finally). Preview here: http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56102

It's true that you need to play it alot to get to a level where you can really get the whole package, and it's perfectly understandable if people just don't have that kind of time. It just miffs me when people play it for 10 levels and conclude the whole game is a grind, and the people who play it are just there for the graphics or something.

I like Lineage II.

But ... I think it's kind of crazy to suggest that someone has to level a character to 50 to give the game justice.  I mean that's asking for a big, big time commitment before someone can decide whether they like a game or not.

I would say to someone that if you like to grind to level, and you like the prospect of superb PvP months down the road, you may like the game.  Waiting around until 50 to decide that seems like a waste of time to me, because it certainly takes time to get to 50. 

• FaurFaur Member Posts: 330

I still enjoyed my way up to 50, though, but maybe that's just me. I have 2 gigs of screenshots (granted, in .bmp) from my lowbie adventures.

I started playing it together with a friend, so I always had someone to play with and be "noob together" with (which is always heaps fun). We joined a clan at around 25-30 and it's been full throttle ever since.

if i pay $30 i can start installing right now and play right away after patch. $30 has c5 so i dont think there are many patches. Also $30 gives me 1 month free along with 15 day.
    I cant make decision to play on old servers or franz server.
    start over from scratch from franz or play on old server with money from friend.
    he said i can have 5 mil if i start on his server.
    how long franz was around for?

Well, like I said, the download option is cool if you have a fast connection. If not, then sure, get the Epic Collection.

The Franz server has been open since C5 launched, so that was probably a month or so. However, it is a European server, and loads are usually quite high (right now 130+ ping for me, vs. 40-70 for the others).

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by Gameloading

just coolguy20 trolling on a diffrent account.

I was just about to post that very comment.   Where's an IP Ban when you really need one?  image

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

wow. got the game from local store for $28 and installed patch.

joined devianne server and guess what i found.

bot....

is retail lineage2 like free servers? one person controlling several players

hope i didnt waste $28

• mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

I think I replied to one post that was similar to this one...

I had two lvl 75 chars, and one 78 nobless. 

The answer to this game is simple. 

Either you got ballz to drain couple of years out of your life, or you ain't up to what this game is. 

You really aren't gonna know the real "FUN" part of this game until you reach high 50s or low 60s.  Even if you're 40+ you're really not gonna have the chance to siege anymore considering other players are all around 70ish levels. 

If you're a PvP oriented player, I don't think there's any other game that would suit you.  Especially if you enjoy ganking people. 

You want some content until you reach level whatever? like WoW?  then you need to go play WoW cause this ain't ur game. 

Either ways, you'll eventually get bored of WoW, or L2.  I played both any OH so many more...I had 4 60lvls in WoW, so I know what I'm talking about when I mean there ain't no Goddamn end-content.

One thing you will always remember, if you do actually play to lvl 50+ then you'll always remember the insane boss raids, and castle sieges.  Also all the hate in-between alliances. 

Just keep in mind.  Whatever game you play you'll eventually get bored, whether it'd be WoW, L2, EvE...etc 

I've played so many goddamn MMOs since the days of UO...I think I know what I'm talkin about. 

What makes a game interesting to you is really dependant on your personality and nothing else. 

And, no not all korean MMOs suck...some better ones that suit the tastes' of Western gamers just to get much hype or rave in korea, so they don't have the money to publish them on the other side of the Pacific. 

*Member when UO first came out?  Everyone started copying that shit.  Afterwards, the koreans just made more MMOs under that style.  And they were the shit for a while.  After WoW came out, it's become the new trend. 

It's not wether or not all asian or korean MMOs suck.  The style of WoW, is the trend and companies are gonna follow after that.  Blizzard isn't going to be the KING of MMOs forever, or not much longer than 5 years. 

The competition is open now.  With a new trend in MMOs, whoever will take the title of what NCsoft acquired years ago, and currently Blizzard will eventually go to an Asian, European, or NA company/companies.*

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

• trigger190trigger190 Member Posts: 264

Either you got ballz to drain couple of years out of your life, or you ain't up to what this game is. 

This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with wether or not you got the balls or not, it all depends on wether you are willing to WASTE (imho) your time grinding (working) for a sense of satisfaction.
  • mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

Originally posted by trigger190

This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with wether or not you got the balls or not, it all depends on wether you are willing to WASTE (imho) your time grinding (working) for a sense of satisfaction.

I have to say "Ballz" cause I didn't like the GRIND any more than all the L2 haters out there...I just couldn't quit, because everytime I left, the PvP part of L2 was missing in other games...

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

wow. got the game from local store for $28 and installed patch.
    joined devianne server and guess what i found.
    bot....is retail lineage2 like free servers? one person controlling several players
    hope i didnt waste $28
    There are bots on every server. The majority of them are just farming so they can sell gold. Not sure how many people are running two characters at the same time for a buff advantage in PvP, but I can't imagine it being as bad as DAoC was.