Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player

red_badred_bad Member Posts: 2
So ppl. i will buy the game and i'd like to know
if it's good to a EQ2 noobie to play without the expansions or if i
must buy them. couse they are so many expansions and it will be
expensive. i am a bit confused and i dont know if it worth to buy them. I will buy the game from Direct2drive.com just so u know :)

Comments

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Dont buy it from DtDW

If you buy Eq2-Echoes Of Faydwer boxed set. You get The game complete with all the EXPANSIONS!!!

It comes out in few days !

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• red_badred_bad Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Rattrap
    Dont buy it from DtDW If you buy Eq2-Echoes Of Faydwer boxed set. You get The game complete with all the EXPANSIONS!!! It comes out in few days !
    i dont have any way to buy the box set thats why i wil buy it from D2D. but will this new expansion turn the game into a completely diferent game? should a noob start with the original EQ2 or with Echoes of Faydwer?

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    It shouldn't change it to a completely new game.  From what I hear, it'll make it even better.  I'd get Echoes of Faydwer if I were you 

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

If there is anyway at all that you can get Echoes of Faydwer boxed set, DO IT!  Order it online if you can't get it from a store. 

It will save you LOTS of money and will give you all the current content except for the Adventure Packs. 

You can always add the Adventure Packs later since they are very inexpensive and only available by direct download.

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937
    EoF would be a good place so start if you're new to the game.  The new lowbie zones look and play alot better than the old world ones.  Like a few others have suggested if at all possible try and buy the EoF box set.  You're gonna save yourself a lot of money.

As far as EoF changing the game, not really.  Just a few changes to AA points and a few changes with the combat system.  Nothing that would negatively effect a new player.