Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might come back

well its been over one year since i quit SWG and i was wondering what its like now. From what i have read it seems that the NGE really messed up the game, i left i think about 3 months before the NGE came out. When i was playing the SWG during the CU i thought it was quite a good game, mostly because i didnt have to spend 6+hours in some stupid dungeon trying to get gear with 40 other people. But i had to leave for RL reasons and was planning on coming back, but then the NGE came along and thought i would try something else instead.

If i were to return i would have some questions to ask prior to subscription.

-Before i left i had a CL 80 rifleman/demolitions(the class with heavy weapons i cant remember its name) and i was wondering if i would be able to respec into something else like maybe a jedi or something?

-whats PvP like, when i left there was plenty of PvP and do you still have PvP tag yourself before you can shoot something or has that been changed? and is there still really big battles?

-what do you do at the cap level, just farm and PvP?

-are mos eisley and theed still packed with people like i remember it? or has everyone gone to hang out in a dif city? or is everyone spread out?

-will my house still be where i left it? because i left ALOT of stuff inside my house (including my clone armor set).

-how is space combat? and where can i find those star destroyers and big space battles?

-are there server transfers, and if so how much are they?

- i think i was on the server ahazi and i was wondering what the population is like there.

-how is leveling? is it slower or faster than the CU?

-is the jedi any good?

well i think that is all for now, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by SilentStaker

well its been over one year since i quit SWG and i was wondering what its like now. From what i have read it seems that the NGE really messed up the game, i left i think about 3 months before the NGE came out. When i was playing the SWG during the CU i thought it was quite a good game, mostly because i didnt have to spend 6+hours in some stupid dungeon trying to get gear with 40 other people. But i had to leave for RL reasons and was planning on coming back, but then the NGE came along and thought i would try something else instead.
    -Before i left i had a CL 80 rifleman/demolitions(the class with heavy weapons i cant remember its name) and i was wondering if i would be able to respec into something else like maybe a jedi or something?
    You were a rifleman/commando :)  You'll be level 80 once you return so you'll have 10 levels to gain.  You can respec as many times as you like, vets have 11 fre respecs, afterwhich you can visit an NPC who will charge you each time.  The more you respec the more it costs, up to 25mil.
    -whats PvP like, when i left there was plenty of PvP and do you still have PvP tag yourself before you can shoot something or has that been changed? and is there still really big battles?
    Depends on your server.  Chilastra is pretty PvP active with large battles usually happening nightly in Restuss.  You still need to go Special Forces to PvP.
    What did you do at the cap during the CU?
    -are mos eisley and theed still packed with people like i remember it? or has everyone gone to hang out in a dif city? or is everyone spread out?
    Mos Eisley yes, Theed probably not as it doesn't have much attraction value at the moment.  Restuss is probably another, but it's usually just PvP'ers there and those that are trying to sell stuff to them.
    -will my house still be where i left it? because i left ALOT of stuff inside my house (including my clone armor set).
    Yes, your house will still be there.
    -how is space combat? and where can i find those star destroyers and big space battles?
    No different to what it was when you last played :)
    Yes there are, but I'm not sure on the price of one.
    - i think i was on the server ahazi and i was wondering what the population is like there.
    I only play on Chilastra, so not sure what the other servers are like.  Chilastra's pop while it's certainly not the highest it's ever been, it's not bad either.

Slower.
    -is the jedi any good?
    In the NGE or compared to what Jedi was?  For the former, yes Jedi is pretty good in combat.  The latter I can't really say, you'd need to find someone in game to ask who's been playing Jedi in both systems pretty actively.  I think it's safe to say it's not on the level it once was as it's now balanced to be a starting profession.

• ducksoupducksoup Member Posts: 5

-are mos eisley and theed still packed with people like i remember it? or has everyone gone to hang out in a dif city? or is everyone spread out? Mos Eisley yes 
    Can you really say it was packed on your server ?
    I came back for the 21 days on eclipse and I sure wouldn't say it was packed. I saw the same few afk entertainers, the same few other regulars. It felt very lonely to me.
    dsoup

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

Originally posted by SilentStaker

Yes you can respec into any other profession and be at the equal CL.
    PvP is now mostly a ganksquad clickfest in the ruins of Restuss. The biggest battle I've seen was about 16 v 20ish.
    Yes
    Packed? No way, that is unless you consider a dozen people "packed". Eisley sometimes gets a bit more than that, but never much more than forty. Outside of Eisley and Restuss, you should consider yourself lucky to run into anyone.
    Yes your house will still be around, but Helios's proposed "Red Herring Squadron" could change that if it ever gets implemented.
    -how is space combat? and where can i find those star destroyers and big space battles?Fortunately, space combat and the SWG music have remained unchanged.

Yes there are server transfers, and I'd recommend one if you're not on one of the three populated servers. I'm not sure how expensive they are.
    I think Ahazi is one of the three servers where you can see other people.
    It all depends on how enthusiastic you are about playing the NGE. Some people can level in a couple days, and others take a month or two.
    -is the jedi any good?
    Jedi is just as strong as any other profession.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.