Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tin Foil Hat - The real Reason CH code is being enabled

free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Something I noticed since I got back is a delay bug in AI attacking you. Sometimes that delay is the duration of the battle. At first I wasn't sure what it might be. I started paying attention and the original conclusion that it was only high level stuff didn't hold true. That somewhat eliminated the possibility it was a bug connected to the Artisan ignore code.

The more I watched, the more it became clear it was actually only animals and they were in time attacking. I found this out the hard way. I hit a boss enraged rancor level 80 at Jedi 50. I had him down to 20% health before he dummied up and 2 shot me.

It seems to me one of 2 possibilities. One, they are getting the 'You can not see your target' bug we get or two, the code that tells certain creature AI they don't have a ranged attack is chained to the CH/ BE code they have disabled. They don't have a choice. They have to enable that code or people can, through AI selection, power level by killing stuff just the right amount of levels above them. Knowing the delay before they melee switch and the time it takes to kill stuff.

In the case of former Ranger/ CH and BE that is experience learned long ago. Why does the sight of a Rancor pointing his finger at me, yelling bang, bang just seem funny image

Comments

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Must have been why I was soloing ancients in my slave girl outfit.

Either that, or the devs are as stupid as i think they are.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    It happens with NPCs too.  You are on the right track though, it has to do with them switching from melee to ranged and bugging out in the process, but not because they don't have either as they'll eventully change and start hitting you.

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

Originally posted by free2play

The more I watched, the more it became clear it was actually only animals and they were in time attacking. I found this out the hard way. I hit a boss enraged rancor level 80 at Jedi 50. I had him down to 20% health before he dummied up and 2 shot me.

In the case of former Ranger/ CH and BE that is experience learned long ago. Why does the sight of a Rancor pointing his finger at me, yelling bang, bang just seem funny image

Obraik, I think he pointed out that it wasn't NPCs, just animals.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• feldrinfeldrin Member UncommonPosts: 210
    CH code isn't coming back this is just their spin to try to get attention focused else where. They bring out a bunch of hypothetical stuff and people post there and they are able to slip things in without anyone noticing. They did it before: http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=commando&message.id=107343 

I don't claim to be right, I'm just posting.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by kimosabe

Originally posted by free2play

Obraik, I think he pointed out that it wasn't NPCs, just animals.

I realise that :)  I was saying it happens with both NPCs and creatures.  Necrosis does it for instance.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

On that note, Aakuan.

They don't use ranged attacks, they never have. I have never gotten a bug where they were lag delaying in combat but one of the things I notice is they will run to 7m. Usually to draw you in to an aggro cone. So maybe I am wrong and it's connected to the chain system of the triangular spawning. They are waiting for thier spawn counterparts to attack.
    The original code, there wasn't much attention paid to chaining because the characters could kick the shit out of 10-12 critters at once. Swordy spins as an example. In this system, they have tweaked to over compensate us and have the [.  :] spawn pattern. In the case of elite like Krayt, it's [. .] and the Ancient is chaned to a Jeuv that often times, people  would kill and leave the Ancient. That's why you had despawns.

It's still a possibility the line that is bugging is linked to a CH or BE behaviour that is getting stopped because the code they use comes from disabled lines. With so much stuff disabled from loot tables to proff lines, it's impossible to tell. It all reaffirms what I said. NGE wouldn't stand alone as a game code. Notice that our last expack came 2 weeks before NGE? We got 3 in a year and haven't had one since. Repackaging of old product but nothing new. It's like having an upgrade edition of XP. Without your orignal 98SE disk, you have junk.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    There was a time, early in the NGE where Bols and other animals were hitting you from 30m away.  Before Jedi got armor, there were melee creatures that would kill me before I could get into the pathetic 4m lightsaber range.

It probably is a bug in the ranged/melee switching as stated.  That code has to be an incredible hodge podge of spaghetti coding by now with how many times it's been hacked to pieces.

Having an incompetent like Helios leading the dev team doesn't help.