Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

swg complete has been scraped

you can't even pre-order it on soe's site and with it coming out in a week and a half i think they canceled it.

I could be wrong but i'm thinking not, it's been down for a couple days and they know about the problem. So they could have fixed it if they want to. The end is at hand my friends.

Swg is finally going to be one with the force and be at peace.

"it's as if millions of voices cryed out all at the same time," "but in joy" 

Comments

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Game in the UK http://www.game.co.uk/ had it on their comming soon list for a while but i noticed yesterday it had been removed from the list, its still up for order they just dropped it off the comming soon list.
  • TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

Indeed.

Or its just that they if they are going to change back into classic (and hope that it will give them more players) so it would be idiotic to launch these pacets in NGE, If they are going to change to classic.

Otherwise it was just that none would buy them (which they would have seen alot earlier, But $OE is $OE.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Shrouded by the dark side the future is...

Or it's postponed till PS3 release, so it'll be part of offering at launch.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

No boxed version of SWG has ever been sold from the SOE websiite, so it's no surprise that you can't buy it there.

EBgames and Amazon.com both have it for sale (and they're the only two I bothered to check)

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Obraik
    No boxed version of SWG has ever been sold from the SOE websiite, so it's no surprise that you can't buy it there. EBgames and Amazon.com both have it for sale (and they're the only two I bothered to check)
    There is an add for it on the front page of the swg website saying click here, it then takes you to LA site which says it is not available.  Not commenting on whether or not its a mistake, just telling you what I saw today. 

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    "No boxed version of SWG has ever been sold from the SOE websiite, so it's no surprise that you can't buy it there.

EBgames and Amazon.com both have it for sale (and they're the only two I bothered to check)"

EBGames which is the same as Gamestop...

Gamestop says:

Usually ships in 24 hours..

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646657

which means they think they have it in stock

Amazon says...

This item will be released on November 16, 2006.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000GG1OXA/ref=s9_asin_title_1/102-9732404-9272168

Seems kinda odd that gamestops website claims its in stock (only instock items have ever shipped "in 24 hours") while amazon says it won't even be released until next week...

Yesterday amazon said the 22nd.

Doesn't mean much.. just kinda odd.

Originally posted by chlaos

No boxed version of SWG has ever been sold from the SOE websiite, so it's no surprise that you can't buy it there.
    EBgames and Amazon.com both have it for sale (and they're the only two I bothered to check)

There is an add for it on the front page of the swg website saying click here, it then takes you to LA site which says it is not available.  Not commenting on whether or not its a mistake, just telling you what I saw today. 

Yeah, it's been paying hide and go seek onthe LA website.  According to Thunderheart if it's not listed on the LA site then it's sold out...

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Yeah, it's been paying hide and go seek onthe LA website.  According to Thunderheart if it's not listed on the LA site then it's sold out...

What did they have, only two copies?

No boxed version of SWG has ever been sold from the SOE websiite, so it's no surprise that you can't buy it there. EBgames and Amazon.com both have it for sale (and they're the only two I bothered to check)

Umm...just curious, but do you believe that?

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

Personally I think it's just Julio trying to screw with you all image

• GrandAmGrandAm Member Posts: 404

I walked into Gamestop and asked on Sat. They said it was listed as "active" in their computer.  Went to Software ETC.  (same co. I know) and they had it as active, but with a "RP" code.  The clerk there said it means it is available for reserve.  I also went to Best Buy and they had an extremely hard time finding it in their system.  They did find it and in their in store catalog it said it had a "street date" of the 15th.

Interesting side note at Best Buy.  He used the one copy the store had of the Starter Kit to find it.  The store computer said they didn't have any copies of the Starter Kit on hand.  It must have sat so long the computer some how thought it was gone or they missed during the last physical inventory.

what ever any of this means...

"Suddenly, thousands of Trekies whose heads are full of facts of things like the stardate when the Cardassians farted on Deep Space nine are irrlelevant." - hardcoremoviecritic

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216

LOL right, and if its that, wouldnt that cause LA to maybe lose sales if its not on their own site?

Not like it will make any sales anyway... but still it would caused them to lose sales if some uneducated person wanted to buy from their site.

• dmodusdmodus Member Posts: 21

Well I decided to order from Amazon.co.uk here in England. On my account info it still says that i'll be getting the game 17-18th November. Amazon.co.uk product page says released in the UK on the 17th of November. I'll be happy to tell you if I learn otherwise. Thought I'd start again and see how things have 'progressed' since the 'upgrade' last november. Although on the main product page for the game on Amazon.co.uk they don't have the box art image anymore! !!!image But Amazon have been pretty good when letting me know if there is a delay for any reason, I'm sure I'll find out if there is from Monday.

Sorry, thought I'd stick a page up to show you what I mean:  Amazon.co.uk SWG complete Adventures Link

Not a referral or affiliate link btw.

Originally posted by njdevi66

LOL right, and if its that, wouldnt that cause LA to maybe lose sales if its not on their own site?

Not like it will make any sales anyway... but still it would caused them to lose sales if some uneducated person wanted to buy from their site.

It was a joke, lighten up :)

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

haha, sold out, fun joke from thunderheart ^^

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

Originally posted by Obraik Yeah, it's been paying hide and go seek onthe LA website.  According to Thunderheart if it's not listed on the LA site then it's sold out...

LOL...I imagine he would if he could.   Probably just a glitch or something, but at least it gives us something to run on about.   It seems to have slowed down a bit around here...   image

• BogdawsonBogdawson Member Posts: 202

well isn't odd that all the game sites eb games, am and best buy all have different release dates for the same game and the La store isn't even selling it, sorry fan boys they canceled it and just didn't tell the stone and brick stores. Or the stone and brick stores don't see it as a "priorty to pull" it off thr shelves(websites) due to no interst in it.

• Unknown888Unknown888 Member Posts: 28
    I HIGHLY doubt they cancelled it. HIGHLY. Even they aren't that stupid.

• lassiterlassiter Member Posts: 94
    Yes they are, nge anyone?
  • feldrinfeldrin Member UncommonPosts: 210

Originally posted by Unknown888

I don't think they cancelled it. It could be they realized the game was really not complete so it has been delayed for a while. It could be that they are making a major change to teh game N-nge. It could be they are goig to open classic servers. Or it could be that all the sites suddenly have problems with the same listing by some strange coincidence.

I don't claim to be right, I'm just posting.

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

Anyone find it ironic that the box set is called Complete when the game clearly isnt ?

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

HAHAHAHHA AND YOU BUY THAT ONE??

Let me tell you somthing.... first off, my company is the one (yes I know this sucks) that sells the machines that take the orders that make the boxes... for the product.

FYI -- NOT A CHANCE they sold out --- not a fucking chance in Hell.

LOL....

I hope you do not buy that one O --- I mean really.... that one is thin...

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by admriker4
    Anyone find it ironic that the box set is called Complete when the game clearly isnt ?

Didn't they want it more Star Warsy and Ironic?

• DodeceDodece Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by Unknown888

Actually I think its probabally the smartest thing they could do at this point. Lets be realistic we are talking about a game that has deservedly so earned a reputation of just god awful. Toss in player retention which is most likely less then ten percent past the first month, and maybe five percent past two months. Then you have a real question as to profitability, and most likely a major money loss.

Few companies when faced with a loss will continue forward unless it can be seen as something that could be turned into profitability at some point. Say running a feature that loses you money, but generates wider appeal, or creates good will from customers.

I would expect that Lucasarts. Has a minimum number of boxset preorders that must be met just to start production. Now if that number is not met then it is more cost effective to cancel, or delay until such a time as the product might be able to make its target.

I would say as a matter of oppinion that they will need to atleast manufacture fifty thousand packages, and then sell atleast thirty thousand of them. Then they need to be aware that if they are on consignment real likely in my oppinion that they must make arrangements for returns.

I think the entire point of the preordering campaign is so they do not stick their necks out in the first place. This will let them gauge whether they can actually make money off the product. Now if they cannot cancelling/refunding preorders is not uncommon, and they will only have lost a token sum. Rather then the millions it might have cost them.

I think what you need to look for is two things if complete gets cancelled it would most likely mean that SWG is over. Within two months the players would be given notification of the games demise. Expect the developers to be nice, and give players all sorts of goodies for no apparant reason. Now if complete gets delayed to some point in the new year. A new SWG will be makeing the scene. Either a reiteration, or a current in production might have its time table moved forward. The delay might mean a new approach will be implemented, and they are willing to take a new crack at it.

I think the longshot is that Complete is neither of the two above. I simply do not see this game covering cost let alone not costing them a pretty penny. I just do not see a demand for this with a bad rep, and two consoles on the way. I also do not see enough active players willing to flip the bill for stuff they most likely already got. Even so they can be idiotic when it comes to NGE, and throw money away. Though I think there has to be a point where someone gets asked why they decided to cost the company alot of money.

• HudsonDHudsonD Member Posts: 26

HAHAHAHHA AND YOU BUY THAT ONE??

Let
    me tell you somthing.... first off, my company is the ones (yes I know
    this sucks) that sells the machines that take the orders that make the
    boxes... for the product.

FYI -- NOT A CHANCE they sold out --- not a fucking chance in Hell.

LOL....

I hope you do not buy that one O --- I mean really.... that one is thin...

Does that mean that you would have info on how many boxes they ordered ?

"Peace through superior firepower"