Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it still closed beta

Ive been wanting to play this game for a long time now, I signed up for the closed beta but Im not sure if it still is so could somebody help me please, and also if it still is could somebody tell me about some of the features of the game because I really cant wait, it sounds like it would be great to own your own ship and be able to sail through the caribbean, and can you be a farmer and grow your own farm, I heard you could but Im not sure, so could somebody help me out please. And one more thing ( this is my third time editing it) I just checked and its still closed beta, does somebody know when itll be fully released. Thank you(and i hope thats my last edit) No its not my last edit, One more thing, How do you get into closed beta.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Comments

• QaxlorQaxlor Member Posts: 17
    Still closed. They are supposed to announce a release date on August 25th(? somewhere around that). Maybe we 'll get some info on open beta then too.

From all I have read, the production will be virtual. You will have 10 "lots" allowed per account that you can use to set up farms, mines, factories, etc. to produce raw materials or finished goods. These lots will be virtual, in that there is no physical place you can visit and no factory that appears on the ladscape, just a virutal production line that produces something.

They've said your lots will store labor (up to 72 hours), so when you order them to produce something, they can make it right away using the stored labor. So, if you want to produce a lot of lumber from your logging lot and you have stored labor, the finished lumber will be delivered to your warehouse immediately for you to sell or use.

The official web site has a lot of information and conjucture about the game.

http://www.flyinglab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=18

• kylecameron1kylecameron1 Member Posts: 240

thank you it just makes me want to play it more. and it sounds cool that you can own your own farm and sell stuff and build your own ship I cant wait.  I cant seem to be able to post on their forums though.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• XxkarateXxkarate Member Posts: 27
    This game won't be in open beta until maybe 4-3 months until release is my guess.

SWG- Left after they ruined it
    WoW- Left after 2 years
    EVE- Left after three days
    Pirates of the Burning Sea will be the cure to my cancer.

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    I swear I signed up for beta a year ago, but I might have been mistaken.

• tIGS.SpartantIGS.Spartan Member Posts: 5
    Check their website, and apply for beta again. If you already had applied to it, it should tell you so.

• LlewzaherLlewzaher Member Posts: 3
    still in closed Beta , release date June /07 Going to be a long wait but worth it imo
  • CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

If they have the money to wait and their publisher isn't pressuring them then i don't see a problem with the delays. How many times have we seen companies rush their games out because fans don't want to wait or they're out of development money. It seems to me that these are good signs we're seeing for this game. Sure i want it to come out as bad as the next guy but i want it to be what the dev's invisioned. I want it to be a fun and well polished game. I'll wait.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I thought I'd signed up for beta also, and yet can't find any info in my system. I went to the official site, found the page that says its beta sign up but I only see the forum sign up (which I see I am signed up for), I can't find anything to actually sign up for the beta though?

• YsharrosYsharros Member Posts: 87
    Try this, Saker - I think that beta link can be hard to find if you don't get lucky and get the banner (or used to be). Signup is linked only from the main site as far as I know.

Good luck image

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Ysharros
    Try this, Saker - I think that beta link can be hard to find if you don't get lucky and get the banner (or used to be). Signup is linked only from the main site as far as I know.Good luck image

well this link gets me to the below copied page that asks me to login, or register, I have already registered, but I don't see where I actually sign up then for the beta. If I go ahead and login it just takes me to the forums, not to any sign up page

Login or Register!
    You're either not a member of our forum, or you're not logged in. In order to fill out our beta application, you'll need to be logged into a valid forum account. If you're already a member, you can login here. If you're not a member yet, you can register here. Registration is fast and easy, and requires only a valid email account.

Why do we require you to register for the forums?
    Our forum software is a robust and tested solution for preventing spammers, automated scripts, and bogus email accounts from registering. We don't require that you post to our forums, or even visit them ever again (though we hope you'll stick around and see what our forums have to offer). Your registration is solely to ensure that you, filling out the beta application, are an actual human being.

Thank you for your patience!

That's odd. The only thing I can think of is that you're either not registered on the forums, or not logged in to that handle? I'm pretty sure you need to be at least registered there before you can do anything else.

Sorry that link didn't work. :(

• fastback67fastback67 Member Posts: 14

http://www.flyinglab.com/pirates/beta.php

Try that link, you'll need to register of the forums as well of course. Good luck!

• OpivyOpivy Member Posts: 4
    I've got the same problem saker has, I'm signed up but it brings me to that page as well.  None of the links provided helped image

image Only thing I can suggest otherwise would be to post in the POBS new user forum - explain your issue, maybe someone more knowledgeable and/or in charge will be able to help.