Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the BEST mmo you've ever played?

Ok, I'm tired of everyone going around bashing all these kinds of different MMO's yet they still play them and post about them. Instead of naming your least favorite MMO, I simply ask you to name the one that you think is the best. As for me, I'm really not sure.

Out of all the MMO's I've played, I have to say City of Villains/Heroes is my favorite because of how unique it is and I overall like the style of the game very much. I also love the character customization it has to offer.

Keep in mind, while you are replying to this post, PLEASE state why you like the MMO you are talking about. Also please stay on topic and don't bash any MMO's in this thread, thank you.

EDIT: If you didn't already, please vote in the poll as well, thanks!

Comments

• opeth313xopeth313x Member Posts: 234
    Come on people please post! Just a reminder, if you are voting other in the poll please specify what game you voted for.

• helothelot Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Voted wow..  But the best so far is vanguard.. image

Originally posted by helot
    Voted wow..  But the best so far is vanguard.. image
    Okay, Thank you for ACTUALLY making a post! :)

• XebecXebec Member Posts: 63
    There is no 'best' mmo that I have ever played. There are however games that required me to stay hooked longer than others, but that doesn't mean the game is better.

For instance I really enjoyed playing Biosfear. The game itself is crap. It's really linear and there is not a lot to do. However there was always someone to talk to, always some way to improve your character and I really enjoyed the exp-whoring at that stage. It made the game ok for me, while for someone else it would be crap. To be honest, now I look back at the day that I played that game, I wonder why I even played it. It wasn't that great.

You've got to love adictions ;)

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    EvE is the best one I have palyed so far.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    runeScape1111!!!!(well, someone had to...)

• blisseverblissever Member Posts: 124

ASHERON"S CALL 1

Hands Down

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    CoX and i've played them all.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

The word "Best" is extremely subjective.

Best could be what someone's best experience was, in my case that would be SWG about 6 months after release, I was having a great time right around then but it was by far not the best MMO I've ever played. 

Best could also be what I see as the best technical all around MMO I've played, in that case it would be WoW, because it just does so much right and very little wrong yet I certainly don't consider it the best MMO out there.

Best could be what mmo best drew me into the world, in which case Ryzom was the one that sucked me and kept me there the longest but again, not even close to being the "best".

Best? What about the best skill/class system? For me, oddly enough, would be MxO. It's just a tone of phone to play around with and no need for 10 alts waiting in the wings.

So yeah, a simple Whats the Best MMO you've ever played, poll doesn't work for me, they've all done something for me in one way or the other. Although I would have to say, if I was going with which one I had the most fun in, probably be Lineage2.

• KickphatKickphat Member Posts: 189
    SWG Pre-cu as you could be anything wanted. and can change anytime you wanted
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

Neocron. I've resubscribed to this game more than any other.

There's nothing else out there like it.

Originally posted by shae
    The word "Best" is extremely subjective. Best could be what someone's best experience was, in my case that would be SWG about 6 months after release, I was having a great time right around then but it was by far not the best MMO I've ever played.  Best could also be what I see as the best technical all around MMO I've played, in that case it would be WoW, because it just does so much right and very little wrong yet I certainly don't consider it the best MMO out there. Best could be what mmo best drew me into the world, in which case Ryzom was the one that sucked me and kept me there the longest but again, not even close to being the "best". Best? What about the best skill/class system? For me, oddly enough, would be MxO. It's just a tone of phone to play around with and no need for 10 alts waiting in the wings. So yeah, a simple Whats the Best MMO you've ever played, poll doesn't work for me, they've all done something for me in one way or the other. Although I would have to say, if I was going with which one I had the most fun in, probably be Lineage2.
    Well I guess the "Worst MMO" thread applies to this as well. By best, all I ment was favorite.

• DenikinDenikin Member Posts: 39
    Even though I don't play it anymore, I have to say WOW was the best that I ever played.

There were a lot of things that I don't like about it, and eventually I
    just got bored of it because of how simple it was, but it was by far
    the best "developed" game I ever played.

First off, with a somewhat limited system, no other MMO managed to do
    as much with graphics. I could play WOW at high detail level, and it
    looked good, while the same system could only run a lot of other MMOs
    at lowest settings without fps going down to 2-3

OF course, I also really like the cartoonish graphics. So that's kind of subjective.

But the world itself was great. It was really detailed, and it was
    clear that someone had gove over every part of the map by hand to add
    depth to it. (this of course, says something about the number of staff
    they must employ)

Beyond that, the combat system was well thougt out, the various moves and spells were interesting...

And most importantly, they tweaked the gameplay untill they managed to
    make it really really adictive. When I sat down, I couldn't get up
    again, even though there wasn't really anything all that interesting in
    the game to keep me there.

So, yeah, that's why it was WOW...

As I said, I don't think the game is that great really, it's too
    simplistic, and there really isn't that much you can *do* really. I'm
    into detailed crafting, and community, and world-building and
    eventually even the high production value of the game wasn't enough to
    keep me there.

But it was really well produced. I'll give them that much.

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672
    The best overall WAS Anarchy Online, until Shadowlands expansion hit.

Now my fav is Lineage 2

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• ZeppelinJ0ZeppelinJ0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I can't stay away from Dark age of Camelot, this one is a classic in my books :)

FFXI: Gauhar - Odin

• CeticarrCeticarr Member Posts: 236
    SWG pre-cu for me as well, had so much fun back in the days.

Of my vessel
    I marvel at the stars
    And feel my heart overflow

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Hello Kitty online? anyone? no one?

:'(

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

GW if you consider it a mmo if not then.. hmm.. maybe L2.

Originally posted by tubelight
    Hello Kitty online? anyone? no one?

:'(

LMAO does that actually exist?

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    I went with Other,  Lineage 1 at it's time was the best Mmo I have played. It was just one of those things where it was the perfect game at the right time, I made some great friends there and to this day still game with them on other Mmo's. Best memorys I have.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276

Originally posted by xephonics
    yes it does

http://www.sanriotown.com/onlinegame/index.php?=introduction

think of Hello Kitty Online as a borderline to judge future MMO's. Any game thats rated below Hello Kitty Online is a sinner's game :P
  • InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    I voted other. SWG pre-CU was the most fun I had ever had in an MMO.
  • brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276
    EnB...

For the Republic!

• MARCINEKOKMARCINEKOK Member Posts: 2

My favorite was The Sims Online even though its dieing now it was my fav because you had your own lot and created what you want im not into the mideval fantasy games even though I played wow for a while.