Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth is not the issue but different oppinions are!

CanisCanis Member Posts: 21

I got a warning for "hating Archlord"... but I can't love a lack of quality - I simply can't. Tried to reply to this message, but the user did not exist. Every trick is allowed for the fanbois of AL. They can type any kind of hyped misguiding statement about the game but those who don't like the game can't. Is that just the general "biased by money" problem of this site or is it the general misconception that only the positive matters. If we don't call crap for what it is (crap), how can we judge quality when we see it. Consumers have an obligation to each other to debate these things to prevent the hustle and hype tactics used by the PR machines of software publishers today. Cencorship is a serious threath to democracy and a big chunk of real democracy lies in consumers buying or not buying.

__

Of course I will because I have to. It's not hate though. It's an oppinion that opposes the hype we're spoon fed by the PR machines. Honestly, I believe only disappointment can come from buying the game and consumers are given enough bad products as it is these days. The only democracy we have is expressing our oppinion (however harsh it is), to counterweight the PR machines that only have one purpose... earning money. And Archlord simply isn't worth playing in my oppinion. I believe a warning should be in order for all those who continously sabotage the Archlord debates by presenting false statements about the game and in reality functioning as an "on board" PR machine for a product that is incredibly flawed and unfinished.

BUT I will in the future refrain from statements about Asians that have wrongly been interpreted as racism (as I read it between the lines of your warning). But the fact remains that the Asian cummunity have a distinctively different view on MMOs compared to western customers. Archlord was Hyped as a westernized Asian MMO when in fact it is as asian as it gets.

Democracy is being able to speak freely and the only real democracy consumers have these days is buying or not buying products. The only way we can influence the people making the products is by public debates. Censorship (as in you asking me not to type "bad things" about Archlord) is ruining consumers chances of influence. You seem to have no problems with adds on your sites or posts praising games even though it is lies through and through. How many people got burned because you let the Light and Dark forum hype the game? A game that is a perfect example of what happends when no one speaks another oppinion (or is allowed to).

----Original Message----

Dear Canis,

You have been issued a warning by one of our moderators.

Warning Category: Trolling
Reason: You are receiving a warning for trolling the Archlord forums. If you do not like the game you do not need to post your hate for this game on multiple occasions. I would also ask that you please refrain from making comments relating aspects of the game to asians as people have found them offensive.

Thank you,

The Staff
MMORPG.COM

Comments

• Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

No, you got a warning for making offensive remarks. Make your opinion clearly once. Don't respond to every post with your hate mongering.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Archlord would of been ok had it been free to play.  I just can't see paying for a subscription.  I was in the beta and I reported many times errors in the quest text translations.  Often they would tell me to go someplace that didn't exist and I'd have to ask around what they meant.

There were various other issues, minor ones, just too many of them for me to want to invest in the game. Perhaps a year down the road if they work them out I'd give it a try if they were offering a trial of some sort.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    There was nothing misguided about those "fanboi" posts. The thing is, you need to learn the diffrence between a fact and an opinion. you niot liking the game is nothing but your own opinion.
  • TheGhostlordTheGhostlord Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Gameloading
    There was nothing misguided about those "fanboi" posts. The thing is, you need to learn the diffrence between a fact and an opinion. you niot liking the game is nothing but your own opinion.
    Yeah because Gameloading and LilithIshtar clearly have all the facts, the rest of us have:

A)Not played the game (if we don't post we love it,and praise it like the second coming of christ)
    B)Need to differ opinion from fact (Gameloading+LilithIshtar has facts,the rest of us merely have opinions,period.)
    C)Need to play the game to level 90+ ,and then come back here and post how much we love the game. If we don't love it,don't post at all. image