Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AC Free Trial is on it's way!

_Xearo_Xearo Member Posts: 36
The Asheron’s Call team has been hard at work with some great game improvements and exciting new content. In an effort to continue our commitment to the Asheron’s Call Franchise we are proud to announce the Asheron’s Call 14 Day Free Trial! To show our dedication to this program the upcoming holiday issue of PC Gamer Magazine, which will hit shelves in mid November, will feature a full page ad for the 14 Day Free Trial! Starting next week, we will be opening the free trial site to everyone interested in joining the exciting world of Dereth! This is a perfect opportunity to invite friends and family to check out Asheron’s Call.

More information on this exciting news will be available as we get closer to the launch of the trial program. Make sure to check back here often for more information.

Striving to and surpassing Darkerknight's gimpness.

Comments

• TordenskjoldTordenskjold Member Posts: 16
    That is good news, thanks for info
  • Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    haveing played AC for 4 years, off and on after 2 years. this game has lost all of its "greatness". no one playes AC anymore, which sucks. the game had such an awsome economy for buying/tradeing/selling. its just not fun anymore. 

• KalunaKaluna Member Posts: 4

This is really terrific news.

I agree, it hasn't been as much fun as the heyday of the game, but the thing it's missing is people!  Bring 'em on!  There are a lot of us who will be playing the day they turn the lights out and lock up.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    Well I liked AC2 and the age of AC puts me off, so a chance to try it is good news.

• lobeslobes Member UncommonPosts: 127

Originally posted by Kaluna
    This is really terrific news. I agree, it hasn't been as much fun as the heyday of the game, but the thing it's missing is people!  Bring 'em on!  There are a lot of us who will be playing the day they turn the lights out and lock up.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if they simply opened up their servers free of charge?

They could consolidate all the servers to one pvp and one pve, no longer provide monthly updates, and simply keep the things running. Add in-game advertisements for all I care.

I would love to come back, but I can't justify the monthly $$ for such an old game.

• McygeeMcygee Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by nomadian
    Well I liked AC2 and the age of AC puts me off, so a chance to try it is good news.

Well AC2 and AC are nothing alike.  The story may be along the same lines but the mechanics of the game are entirely different.  AC2 was really more like all the other cookie cutter MMO's that you see.  AC is a lot better, but you gotta like twitch based gameplay.

This game isn't for you if you like being able to fire a magic spell from anywhere and know that it will hit your target no matter what it does.

AC's combat is a lot more involved.  If your going to be PvPing (and I don't have any idea why somebody wouldn't be), you have to learn to dodge spells/arrows and attack at the right times.  There is a lot of tactics and movement skill involved with AC's combat.  A battle between a decent PvPer and a very inexperienced one can last a few seconds.  A battle between two decent PvPers can last awhile.  It's mostly about your skill, which is what makes the game better than any other MMO I've tried so far. 

If you plan to PvP, be ready to be on your toes.

"Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending accross the border is not."
    -Ignignokt

---Playing---
    Asheron's Call

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Way too late. There should have fixed the trial years ago.

• Stith16Stith16 Member Posts: 113
    fuggin put out the trial already! im going through withdrawls lol.  is it up yet?

• CinidilCinidil Member Posts: 63
    Argh, I've been waiting for this for awhile now.  They really need to hurry instead of announcing it and waiting a few weeks before actually going through with it.

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Turbine announced they were going to have a digital download long before it became available. I'm not holding my breath for AC's free trial. I know it will get here eventually.

• _Xearo_Xearo Member Posts: 36
    Technically the site is live now but we are still working out a few kinks in the system. We will be officially announcing it some time next week. This will include sending out a "media blast" to all the appropriate people.

Don't know if you can start yet.

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Thanks Man! The game installed perfectly so far. Just now completing the patches.

BTW don't purchase the digital download. After the free trial the game is $12.95/month. Basically Throne of Destiny is being given away.

• I will have to give it another try. I played it for a year when it came out and that was by far the most fun I had in an MMO.

• _Xearo_Xearo Member Posts: 36
    The Asheron’s Call team has been hard at work with some great game improvements and exciting new content. In an effort to continue our commitment to the Asheron’s Call Franchise we are proud to announce the Asheron’s Call 14 Day Free Trial! To show our dedication to this program the upcoming holiday issue of PC Gamer Magazine, which will hit shelves in mid November, will feature a full page ad for the 14 Day Free Trial! Starting next week, we will be opening the free trial site to everyone interested in joining the exciting world of Dereth! This is a perfect opportunity to invite friends and family to check out Asheron’s Call.

More information on this exciting news will be available as we get closer to the launch of the trial program. Make sure to check back here often for more information.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688
    _Xearo, use your power and influence to get AC3 in the works....

AC1, but with LOTR graphics.

Mmmmmm

Hey, let me dream, Darktide forever! image

• MesopoliesMesopolies Member Posts: 51
    I think this is awsome, hopefully it will revitilize the game. more subscribers = more content every month.