Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage II vs. RF Online vs. ArchLord

BryanSBryanS Member UncommonPosts: 36

Ok, I'll try to make this as simple as possible. My name, online anyway, is Morrigan. I'm posting this using hubby's account, so please forgive the gender confusion I may have caused some of you. :)

Basically I'm an MMO addict. I've played FFXI, EQ, EQ2, GW, WoW, L2, RFO, AL, CoH, CoV, AA, SWG and prolly some other ones that I can't remember right now. I have found over time that the "story based ones" such as EQ and WoW tend to get less and less interesting to me over time becuase a storyline just gets too convoluted after about the 200th quest and such (this is just my own personal feelings and opinion, so please no responses such as "u r los3r! st0ryl1n35 are teh roxxorzzz!!).

I have drifted towards more PvP MMOs such as RFO and AL for now mainly becuase I can get the fun of leveling/customizing my character and having fun with new powers and the like without having to worry about story and also I can go away from the game for a few days (which is a reality ofr me due to work sometimes) and not feel completely lost when I get back (it's very easy to get back into the missions when it is always kill x numbers of y ... cause ... we said so).

Anyway, right now I am trying to decide between RF Online and L2. I would have had ArchLord in the mix, but as I am playing through my free month, the game is so bug ridden and still unpolished that it just turns me off. Will it get better with time? Probably. Do I want to wait for it or would I rather have a game I can play now? Well, I think you know I'm going with the latter.

So, all this blabbering is to come to a very simple question: What are the benefits of L2 over RFO and what are the benefits of RFO over L2? Now I know I am posting this in the L2 forums so there are prolly alot of L2 fans here, but please at least try to appear unbiased in your opinions and just give me straight info. Also, if you have actually played RFO it would prolly be a bonus. ;)

Anyway, I look forward to reading your replies and thank you for your time!

Morri

Comments

• BryanSBryanS Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Sorry ... forgot to add a 5th choice ... so use this as a write in:

5. A series of tubes

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Hiya Morrigan, first welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy.

Then quickly, do you think you can add a couple of paragraphs to your post there, it's a little hard to read all jumbled together like that.

As for your answer, well these things can be so subjective, it's hard to really know what someone will enjoy and not enjoy, a good feature for me could be a disaster for you. So with that said, take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Personally, I'd go with L2 between the two. Some key benefits that I can think of clearly over the other would be things like L2 has been around for awhile now and is more refined and has had 5 solid expansions (chronicles) already gone by. There's alot of material out there to help you get by in terms of guides and how to's, some very large and friendly guilds that will help you along on some servers.

There's also alot to do in L2, between Seven Signs (on going story), Archs, Olympiad, open pvp, castle seiges, guild levling and some quests. There's always one goal of another in L2, whether it's saving enough Adena to get new armor or a weapon, helping a guild friend or getting that next level.

Here's the downsides though, L2 does not, will not and never has held anyone's hand throughout the game. For example, in EQ2 you know at level 20 you have a lvl 20 armor quest, you know that last for 5 to 8 levels, you know by the 30 you need new gear, the quests all baby you through the game, you go step by step until you've reached max level. L2 doesn't, it's open, a little to open for many people and you can get lost fairly easily.

Another bad point, and there's no getting around this. It's a grind, actually scratch that, it's a helluva grind. 1-20 will take you better part of the weekend and you'll get the flow of the game, 20-30 isn't guite so fast but you can still get it done in farily short order, 30-40 and you start to get the idea of what your in for, 40+ and your starting to feel the pain. 50 and 60+ is when you see people start to buckle. It's a rough ride.

The bonus is though compared to other games (this goes for RFO also) is that you don't need to be max level to do fun stuff, CS's and the like. So as long as you go into it knowing full well what your in for then yes, L2 can be a very very fun experience. And I do have to say, although not as much as so other games, there are some fantastic people playing this game and some great community's around some servers.

Originally posted by shae
    Hiya Morrigan, first welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy.Thank you very muchly. :)
    Then quickly, do you think you can add a couple of paragraphs to your post there, it's a little hard to read all jumbled together like that.Completely understand ... now you know why people hate reading an e-mail from me. :P Done and done.
    As for your answer, well these things can be so subjective, it's hard to really know what someone will enjoy and not enjoy, a good feature for me could be a disaster for you. So with that said, take everything I say with a grain of salt.Of course. I understand that everyone's experiences will be subjective. However, you get enough subjective experiences together and you can begin to get a general feel for the game. And if people do as good a job as you in explaining their feelings one way or the other, it helps a great deal.
    Personally, I'd go with L2 between the two. Some key benefits that I can think of clearly over the other would be things like L2 has been around for awhile now and is more refined and has had 5 solid expansions (chronicles) already gone by. There's alot of material out there to help you get by in terms of guides and how to's, some very large and friendly guilds that will help you along on some servers. There's also alot to do in L2, between Seven Signs (on going story), Archs, Olympiad, open pvp, castle seiges, guild levling and some quests. There's always one goal of another in L2, whether it's saving enough Adena to get new armor or a weapon, helping a guild friend or getting that next level. Here's the downsides though, L2 does not, will not and never has held anyone's hand throughout the game. For example, in EQ2 you know at level 20 you have a lvl 20 armor quest, you know that last for 5 to 8 levels, you know by the 30 you need new gear, the quests all baby you through the game, you go step by step until you've reached max level. L2 doesn't, it's open, a little to open for many people and you can get lost fairly easily. Another bad point, and there's no getting around this. It's a grind, actually scratch that, it's a helluva grind. 1-20 will take you better part of the weekend and you'll get the flow of the game, 20-30 isn't guite so fast but you can still get it done in farily short order, 30-40 and you start to get the idea of what your in for, 40+ and your starting to feel the pain. 50 and 60+ is when you see people start to buckle. It's a rough ride.I know that there is not alot of hand holding through L2. I played it before and got up to level 10 or so before I got distracted. However, that was during my WoW/FF XI phase and those two were already eating up alot of my time (btw, how is the grind compared to FF XI, another grindtastic game). I think that now I want to "settle down" with just one or two MMORPGs ... prolly L2 or RFO (for serious gaming) and GW/PSU (for putzing around and just goofing off).
    The bonus is though compared to other games (this goes for RFO also) is that you don't need to be max level to do fun stuff, CS's and the like. So as long as you go into it knowing full well what your in for then yes, L2 can be a very very fun experience. And I do have to say, although not as much as so other games, there are some fantastic people playing this game and some great community's around some servers.Thank you for your very informative and well thought out post. It's always nice to encounter someone else who can write in complete sentances on a forum. :) Just kidding everybody. *looks franticly left and right while giggling nervously* Anyway, thanks again. Just one question, though. Have you ever played RFO and if so, what didn't you like about it?

Morri

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Hiya Morrigan, first welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy.
    Then quickly, do you think you can add a couple of paragraphs to your post there, it's a little hard to read all jumbled together like that.
    As for your answer, well these things can be so subjective, it's hard to really know what someone will enjoy and not enjoy, a good feature for me could be a disaster for you. So with that said, take everything I say with a grain of salt.
    Personally, I'd go with L2 between the two. Some key benefits that I can think of clearly over the other would be things like L2 has been around for awhile now and is more refined and has had 5 solid expansions (chronicles) already gone by. There's alot of material out there to help you get by in terms of guides and how to's, some very large and friendly guilds that will help you along on some servers.
    There's also alot to do in L2, between Seven Signs (on going story), Archs, Olympiad, open pvp, castle seiges, guild levling and some quests. There's always one goal of another in L2, whether it's saving enough Adena to get new armor or a weapon, helping a guild friend or getting that next level.
    Here's the downsides though, L2 does not, will not and never has held anyone's hand throughout the game. For example, in EQ2 you know at level 20 you have a lvl 20 armor quest, you know that last for 5 to 8 levels, you know by the 30 you need new gear, the quests all baby you through the game, you go step by step until you've reached max level. L2 doesn't, it's open, a little to open for many people and you can get lost fairly easily.
    Another bad point, and there's no getting around this. It's a grind, actually scratch that, it's a helluva grind. 1-20 will take you better part of the weekend and you'll get the flow of the game, 20-30 isn't guite so fast but you can still get it done in farily short order, 30-40 and you start to get the idea of what your in for, 40+ and your starting to feel the pain. 50 and 60+ is when you see people start to buckle. It's a rough ride.
    The bonus is though compared to other games (this goes for RFO also) is that you don't need to be max level to do fun stuff, CS's and the like. So as long as you go into it knowing full well what your in for then yes, L2 can be a very very fun experience. And I do have to say, although not as much as so other games, there are some fantastic people playing this game and some great community's around some servers.

Oh my gosh Shae??? I've been reading your post for a long time now, I never would have guessed you played L2 imageimageimage

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by BryanS
    Ok, I'll try to make this as simple as possible. My name, online anyway, is Morrigan. I'm posting this using hubby's account, so please forgive the gender confusion I may have caused some of you. :)

Basically I'm an MMO addict. I've played FFXI, EQ, EQ2, GW, WoW, L2, RFO, AL, CoH, CoV, AA, SWG and prolly some other ones that I can't remember right now. I have found over time that the "story based ones" such as EQ and WoW tend to get less and less interesting to me over time becuase a storyline just gets too convoluted after about the 200th quest and such (this is just my own personal feelings and opinion, so please no responses such as "u r los3r! st0ryl1n35 are teh roxxorzzz!!).

The games you listed above (WoW, EQII...) are mainly PvE / quest (kill task) based games. Now I have no problem with PvE based when the content is good. In fact I am really looking forward to LotR. (I got a taste of it, and its pretty good) The kill task of these games can be just as repetitive and dull as our flat out grind. I also find most PvE games very uncompelling to play. Although I enjoyed WoW for a time, the restricting play environment took more then it gave. You literally are an NPC deployed drone. The player has ZERO impact on the game world.

The storyline in L2 is in the players / guilds not the content. The content is garbage kill task just like WoW or EQII (only worseimage) Its all about the drama of the players. The actual players of L2 could care less about the "quest" unless they give a money reward lol.

I have drifted towards more PvP MMOs such as RFO and AL for now mainly becuase I can get the fun of leveling/customizing my character and having fun with new powers and the like without having to worry about story and also I can go away from the game for a few days (which is a reality ofr me due to work sometimes) and not feel completely lost when I get back (it's very easy to get back into the missions when it is always kill x numbers of y ... cause ... we said so).

Anyway, right now I am trying to decide between RF Online and L2. I would have had ArchLord in the mix, but as I am playing through my free month, the game is so bug ridden and still unpolished that it just turns me off. Will it get better with time? Probably. Do I want to wait for it or would I rather have a game I can play now? Well, I think you know I'm going with the latter.

I played both RFO and L2 (and WoW over a year, EQII and most others like yourself) L2 is actually the first one I've been in over a year now. Its a love hate relation. I took several "vacations". L2 is a harsh mistress. There is hand holding but you have to look for it lol. So its not really hand holding, its more like guiding.

(My opinion of RFO is in my sigimage, such a shame about that game, I was so looking forward to it)

The advantage of L2 over both the titles you list is that the game is polished and complete. It has a stunning world to explore and very few real restictions. The main downside is the punishing grind and misunderstood economy.

So, all this blabbering is to come to a very simple question: What are the benefits of L2 over RFO and what are the benefits of RFO over L2? Now I know I am posting this in the L2 forums so there are prolly alot of L2 fans here, but please at least try to appear unbiased in your opinions and just give me straight info. Also, if you have actually played RFO it would prolly be a bonus. ;)

Benefits of L2 over RFO? (or most other MMO's)

Easy IMHO - freedom and consequence of action. You are free to attack other players but there are consequences. Its not free for all. You are free to whatever playstyle you like. You can solo, you can group. Although the grind gets punishing, you are never really forced to do either. (except for support classes)

Players control and impact the world. ALL the castles are owned by player guilds. Every weekend there are sieges. It takes hundreds of characters to attack or defend a castle. Castle ownership brings many benefits to the victorious guild.

Player driven ecenomy. The blessing AND bane of L2. In no other game will you find the freedom of market as L2. Love it or hate it, it controls all. It drives the players to such extreams you can see our resulting problems very easily.

Although you may or may not get immersed in the drama of the world, it is there and you can see it. You can feel the "living" quality everytime you log in. You might witness or be part of a guild war over leveling areas. Nothing is wasted in L2, everything, I mean everything has value right down to the land.

The key to success in L2 is to participate in the community. If you play it like WoW, its gonna be soooo dull you will want to poke your eyes out. If you join guilds, make friends (and make a few rivals or enemies) you will not experience the game.

So on that note, know that L2 is open PvP (not Free for all) so expect some encounters.   

Also expect to see bots like you never seen them before. Report them. Don't  let the owners get away with it.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your replies and thank you for your time!

Morri

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

I've tried all three games and avidly play L2.

L2 is just a more polished game. It's been out longer true (at least in NA market... don't know how long RFO has been out in korea) but even at the start of the game it was still more polished.

It has more to offer in the long run. Regardless of whether or not Archolord has bugs, the game just seems like it was thrown together. It feels cheap. RFO had the same feeling. The characters also seem less natural in RFO. As if they were made quite some time ago.

Go L2. It is a hard game though.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Torak
    Oh my gosh Shae??? I've been reading your post for a long time now, I never would have guessed you played L2 imageimageimage

Oh I've got all sorts of surprises in me Tor image. But yup, played for a while actually.

My first MMO was Lineage 1 in fact, went from that to EQ, played around a bit in DAoC and moved to SWG, then to Lineage 2 on release :). Played an EE to 60 + on Liona then a BD on Bartz (I think it was Bartz anyways) then unfortunately the botting (I know it's better now, just saying) killed alot for me and I moved on.

Just goes to show you, don't judge a poster by her cover... errr, wait, that's not right???

Thank you for your very informative and well thought out post. It's always nice to encounter someone else who can write in complete sentances on a forum. :) Just kidding everybody. *looks franticly left and right while giggling nervously* Anyway, thanks again. Just one question, though. Have you ever played RFO and if so, what didn't you like about it?

Morri

My pleasure to help any way I can Morri.

I have played RFO but I will admit my experience is not extensive. My guy bought it in hopes of having a game to play when not quite feeling the "want" to log into Eve so we both gave it a good try for 2 months, the 30 day free up + 1 payed month to get it a fair shot for patches/what not.

I've seen alot of comments referring RFO as an L2 clone and while I don't completely agree, it's not hard to see why that comment would come to mind. Where RFO failed for me was that it tried to do very little with game play that is inhenrently complex. The 3 faction play is interesting at first but then you start to see that nothing is really done with it other then biased resource warring.

Gameplay also falls pretty short of Lineage2, controls are clunky which I never even thought was possible with point/click type settings, graphically it's very pretty but overall dull environments take away alot of that and where Lineage 2 at least try's to make sense of it's harsh grind, RFO does you no such favor. Get out there and grind, uhmm yeah, because we said so =).

That's great for some people but when there's nothing propping it up and any valid reasoning behind it, you kinda just loose interest. Overall I guess that was my biggest "gripe" with RFO, it has all these really great promises on paper boy do they seem like they could be a real bit of fun but in practise, it's really messy and doesn't hold together very well.

I don't need hand holding myself but I do need a point to be had. And if it makes any difference, my guy felt pretty much the same way except he did admit to having a really good time with the Mech like races and I caught more then a few smiles on face when he was blasting  away at stuff like he was all that or something... /sigh, boys!

Originally posted by BryanS Thank you for your very informative and well thought out post. It's always nice to encounter someone else who can write in complete sentances on a forum. :) Just kidding everybody. *looks franticly left and right while giggling nervously* Anyway, thanks again. Just one question, though. Have you ever played RFO and if so, what didn't you like about it?
    Morri

My pleasure to help any way I can Morri. I have played RFO but I will admit my experience is not extensive. My guy bought it in hopes of having a game to play when not quite feeling the "want" to log into Eve so we both gave it a good try for 2 months, the 30 day free up + 1 payed month to get it a fair shot for patches/what not. I've seen alot of comments referring RFO as an L2 clone and while I don't completely agree, it's not hard to see why that comment would come to mind. Where RFO failed for me was that it tried to do very little with game play that is inhenrently complex. The 3 faction play is interesting at first but then you start to see that nothing is really done with it other then biased resource warring. Gameplay also falls pretty short of Lineage2, controls are clunky which I never even thought was possible with point/click type settings, graphically it's very pretty but overall dull environments take away alot of that and where Lineage 2 at least try's to make sense of it's harsh grind, RFO does you no such favor. Get out there and grind, uhmm yeah, because we said so =). That's great for some people but when there's nothing propping it up and any valid reasoning behind it, you kinda just loose interest. Overall I guess that was my biggest "gripe" with RFO, it has all these really great promises on paper boy do they seem like they could be a real bit of fun but in practise, it's really messy and doesn't hold together very well. I don't need hand holding myself but I do need a point to be had. And if it makes any difference, my guy felt pretty much the same way except he did admit to having a really good time with the Mech like races and I caught more then a few smiles on face when he was blasting  away at stuff like he was all that or something... /sigh, boys!

Ah yes Eve ... the most beautiful spreadsheet ever invented. :) Hehe, just kidding. Anyway, I am seriously thinking about L2 now, so a question I have is Temple Knight or Shillen Knight? I know I want to be a melee character rather than a buffer or a nuker ... and I'd rahter be elf than human ... so which of the two major elf melee classes here would come out on top in a one on one fight? Also, are there any clans out there willing to join me up and help me through the beginning phases of the game as I start again (this time for good)?

• Ryft04Ryft04 Member Posts: 6
    I figured I would help out in this particular choice as I have played at least a little of all three.  I'll make one choice easy, I beta'ed archlord and would like them to return the 2 days of life back now.  Anyway, RFO was ok for a bit, the ideas they brought were new or at least I thought.  It was something different then the sword and shield market and I am a big SciFi fan.  After playing about 2 months though the community and sheer lack of anything to do killed it.  There were chip wars and ... yup there were chip wars.  The upside though compared to L2 is there are clearly defined lines.  Player X is your enemy because hes a big robot and you're tiny.  Other then that the PvP was scratchy at best.  L2 is my newest little addiction, I picked it up last weekend and havn't looked back.  I saw you mentioned you played EQ and for me thats where it got me hooked.  Its almost like EQ PvP servers with a bit more indepth feeling to it.  Like an earlier poster mentioned (forget who) EVERYTHING has a value.  Also the community here is amazing.  As for your classes I don't know enough to tell you which is better, I know I've heard praises for the Temple Knight but my first love of chars was always a dark elf so I went with Shilen Knight.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

hmm..if I had the chance, I'd play ArchLord. consider yourself lucky, you have no idea how hard it is to actually play ArchLord image

Ah yes Eve ... the most beautiful spreadsheet ever invented. :) Hehe, just kidding. Anyway, I am seriously thinking about L2 now, so a question I have is Temple Knight or Shillen Knight? I know I want to be a melee character rather than a buffer or a nuker ... and I'd rahter be elf than human ... so which of the two major elf melee classes here would come out on top in a one on one fight? Also, are there any clans out there willing to join me up and help me through the beginning phases of the game as I start again (this time for good)?

Hehe... Yup, Eve certainly is a great spreadsheet! We can say that here without being crucified, so don't worry... Err, actually better put a "kidding" there just in case.

As for what to go with between Shillen Knight and Temple Knight, I can't offer anything substancial, I played an Elven Elder almost exclusively, one of the few live healer/buffers at the time (yay for me), and then a Blade Dancer which was fun but still mostly a front line buffer. I can certainly attest that both classes were massive strong back when I played and could reap havic on the battle fields. For some reason I tend to remember alot of people saying SK's were the way to go but again, I don't have anything to back that up, so one more time... take it with a grain of salt.

Here's the thing though, my suggestion is go with what you want even if it's the furthest from the strongest. There's a few reasons for that in L2.

The first is that really the "Top" classes change in game with every Chronicle. From the friends I know that still play and general reading around, right now nukers, archers and daggers are the kings of the hill right now as far pvp goes, this might change to melee being the kings later or it might not.

Second, as we've already pointed out and is glaringly obvious, it's a long game, a really, really, really long game. So yes of course it's important to choose a class that is going to do what you want to have done but utility alone is not going to support you to lvl 80. Find a class you mesh with, a race you relate with and go with that and you can't loose.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Anyway, I am seriously thinking about L2 now, so a question I have is Temple Knight or Shillen Knight? I know I want to be a melee character rather than a buffer or a nuker ... and I'd rahter be elf than human ... so which of the two major elf melee classes here would come out on top in a one on one fight?

Well, they are both tanks. The Shilien Knight is the best offensive Tank. Howeverr, it has a low constitution so it has the lowest hitpoints.

Quite frankly, there really aren't a lot of Temple Knights around. The Temple Knight is supposed to be the best defensive tank around. However, I can tell you, I played a lvl 75 Shillien Knight on the Public Test Server (everyone got lvl 75's for this past chronicle) and it took a hell of a long time to kill anything. So I can imagine how much harder it is for a temple knight to kill.

Daggers are the better melee damage dealers. As far as the Dark Elf, the Blade Dancer is a party buffer true but it can be set up to be a very good dd due to its high strength. Not the best true but very good.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    Do not play a TK. That is my honest advice.

• AmusingDeadAmusingDead Member Posts: 8

alright I have played all three.   Lineage 2 is my favorite with Archlord (I got into the beta) 2nd, and RFO (official ptp and beta) 3rd and dont recomend.

L2 extremely tought grind, game really gets fun at the high levels, which takes forever to get to and even a decent amount of time for a hradcore gamer. Graphics are great, gameplay is great, money is an issue, hard to make and everything in game is expensive as hell. Ohhhh and let me not for got the intense amount of bots. pvp in this game is not for the weak hearted. It is like a muging in philly. it can happen anywhere anytime and by any number of perps. Thats aside it is my favorite of the three and would recomend, you will work for everything you get out of this game.  Sad thing is I just pseudo quite because I got to higher levels and cant deal with dropping uber expensive stuff, and some other reasons, for example Ncsofts total (or atleast it appears this way) ignorance towrds the botting problem, however this is a whole other topic. All in all still good game, dont get on the franze server..........WAY to many bots.  oh and when it comes to the tanks the purest tank is paladin, the next best is DA, but I prefer SK ftw (my highest and favorit) great solo ability, good pvp ( you can get in almost any body's face and be ok) however they are extremly tricky to play... very tricky must learn the class in and out. but fun and rewarding, although their level 20-39 is more boring then other classes. TK is ok, many like em but personally not me or anyone I know.  Human TH is fun along with Orc destroyer and tyrant. but up to you if nuker s the way you want go Necromancer all the way, sickest pvp class considered by many, but everyone has their opinion.

Archlord, really this game was fun, good useful drops like armor, weapons, etc. Good grind system and pvp is not without penalty, for example pkers can have bounty's set out for their head (atleast in beta) but still fun. skills are good looking, combat is fun and immersive, but monatanous at times. A weird things is that the classes arelimited to race and gender.. strange. the weapon upgrade system is great as well.  All in all I would also recomend this game if i could, but i could only rec one.

RFO = do not play. Boring, monatanous, everything looks the same at the same levels.... etc.  beta'd it, was interested and bought official then realised the truths...   ignore my RFO sig, havent bothered to remove it yet.

IMO try games free trials till you find one you like.  Or like soo many I know wait for War Hammer Age of Reckoning, or Vangaurd SOH. image    just my opinion take what you  want and enjoy what you play most of all image

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    Well RF online can't compare to L2 but Archlord could come close, if
    you don't want to deal with the bots then sure Archlord could be an
    alternitive

• ShousengaShousenga Member Posts: 6
    I've Played RFO And Lineage 2 For Quite A While So Heres How It Goes:

Lineage 2 -

Pro's :

- More Players
    - Good Community
    - Huge World To Explore
    - Huge Item Database
    - Great Clan System
    - Awsome Mobs
    - Can Run On A SiS 760 Rev Graphic Card

Con's :
    - TOO MANY BOTS
    - Grind
    - Pretty Confusing For A New Player
    - Everyone Ebays

RF Online :

Pro's:

- Diverse Races
    - More Understanding
    - Good Item Base
    - Easy To Play

Con's :

- Asian Grind Fest
    - No One Really Helps You
    - If You Don't Have A Good Graphic Card FORGET IT.
    - Lag

Lineage 2 - The game is very fun, always something new, although it will get boring. I usually play it for a couple of months quit, go to a new game,then come back to Lineage 2.

RF Online - It's not that great I'd suggest you play L2 over this grind fest, if your graphic card isnt 6800+ you mise well not play. The point of the game is very stupid (You fight just to mine)

Other Thoughts: Archlord Sucks. Looked cool at first glance, you relize its RFO with a different name, and a bad copy of L2. All Codemaster games suck..

• LostGraceLostGrace Member Posts: 380
    They are all good games but Archlord has less of a incentive to bot/powerlevel/ebay, like the other 2.

• bubbabribubbabri Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'll post my opinions as well:

Lineage 2: Played from open beta until end of C3. Great game. Tons of bots (changed now I think?). Community has it's ups and downs (players, botters, EXTREME grind, lag, server restarts, etc). Graphics are just awesome.
     From what I've read on the changes to C4 and C5, it looks like it's gotten better. PVP system is made real well and seems to be getting more balanced with each update (C1 DA's with their overpowered stun, C2 with daggers, C3 with mages) as I've heard mages have toned down with C4/5 and daggers are actually good once again if they can get behind opponent.

All in all, L2 is a game that is good in my opinion. If you don't mind the extreme grind (heard it's reduced because of solo pots/buffs/fields) this would be a good game, but a lot of high lvls around and it's open pvp. Plenty of people to meet and have fun with.

Archlord: Played for only a few days so I can't give good opinions. Looks like L2 almost. Skill system is interesting, PVP sounds good. Can't say much about this one.

RF Online: Good game. Played from open beta to now. Graphics not as good as L2. PVP is against enemy race only currently (there ARE plans to add PK of same race on Korean servers, not sure how it'll work). One thing I like is, you can SOLO. Yes in L2 you can now because of insta pots and what not (true?) but this game is easier to level in. Grind is not as bad as L2, but it can be if you want to max all your stats. Stats make or break your character in this game. Tanks can easily hold off several ppl of same lvl or gobs of lower lvls. This game is NOT about 1 on 1's, it's about MASS PVP. Wars are 3 times every day. Plenty of people around depending on server (soon to be merged). Episode 2 update looks to be bringing interesting things with it. Making money is easy.

Between all 3 I can't decide. RF has aspects I like (Tanks actually can tank, ability to solo, easy to make money in order to upgrade) but L2 has other aspects as well (PVP system, graphics, content). Archlord I did not take enough time to make a good opinion on.