Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wont flop

Trust me this game wont flop. The fan base is too high and the game is actually pretty good from what ive heard.  Im jsut hoping to get an invite to their beta. But its actually quite a new idea. What u do effects the word around u and the world for others. Thats a preety cool innovation that i have not seen in any other games. Of course u have PvP and PvMonster and of course kinships (guilds) and what not. But i think this game will do preety good for it self .And of course it helps that turbine is heading it in north america. 

Comments

• drekerdreker Member Posts: 5
    "Trust me this game wont flop. The fan base is too high and the game is
    actually pretty good from what ive heard.  Im jsut hoping to get an
    invite to their beta. But its actually quite a new idea. What u do
    effects the word around u and the world for others."

Where does that come in to play(does not mean to be a flame)I have been
    yelling about this for a long time and I have not seen this done at
    all.What are they doing different?.

"Thats a preety cool
    innovation that i have not seen in any other games. Of course u have
    PvP and PvMonster and of course kinships (guilds) and what not. But i
    think this game will do preety good for it self .And of course it helps
    that turbine is heading it in north america."

I will appluad them if they
    stick to their guns but will they cave in if too many people just to gripe
    about not being a wizard ?.It was brave not to include them and it did stick to
    the middle earth lore. I like all the concepts they are introducing  but I just hope they do not force gameplay into
    something that was not meant to be there.

John

• Sir_SwiftSir_Swift Member Posts: 10
    I suspect that if they do continue not to have the wizard as a class they will introduce the wizard maybe later in an expansion. 

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

From what i've seen, the loremaster isnt much different from a normal caster in other mmos. Go to the main Lotro site and check them out.

http://www.lotro.com/article/68

I dont think they will cave and bring in the wizard class, I just dont see that happening.

bes
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I don't get why people think they know whether it will or won't flop and it hasn't even been released yet. All you've seen is biased beta journals and screen shots. You know pretty much nothing about the game whatsoever.

Why do you think you know enough to give even the remotest view of a game that you know almost nothing about?

• Sir_SwiftSir_Swift Member Posts: 10
    Take a chill pill. Lol eveyrones entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is it ownt flop. Thus i made this thread to see other peoples opinion of the game. Theres no point in posting if your jsut gonna say we have no right to voice our opinions. Get laid or sumtin man.
  • RK-MaraRK-Mara Member Posts: 641
    Moirae, I agree with you, but I don't mind it as long as no one comes here saying: ''0mg liek I'm in teh beta!!!! It suxxx!!!'' *cough* gamespot forums *cough*
    It's still a beta, not final version. And they are breaking NDA.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Originally posted by RK-Mara
    Moirae, I agree with you, but I don't mind it as long as no one comes here saying: ''0mg liek I'm in teh beta!!!! It suxxx!!!'' *cough* gamespot forums *cough*
    It's still a beta, not final version. And they are breaking NDA.

Theres also the possibilty they are WoW fanboys and lies about being in the beta image

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

LOL DDO with different textures FTL

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• WhitewalkerWhitewalker Member Posts: 86
    I find the look of LOTRO very different to that of DDO. Indeed I suspect it will do rather well. It's a very well polished game with a wealth of interesting places and quests to keep you busy for a very long time. Also I suspect, as many others do, a very strong fan base that will find a home. image

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by Whitewalker
    I find the look of LOTRO very different to that of DDO. Indeed I suspect it will do rather well. It's a very well polished game with a wealth of interesting places and quests to keep you busy for a very long time. Also I suspect, as many others do, a very strong fan base that will find a home. image

Cannot go into details, but I agree with the points made in the above quote.

LotR fans will enjoy this gameworld.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Ofcourse it will flop.. Turbine sucks.

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221

I have a very good feeling that it won't flop in any way. People seem to think that every MMO that comes out must satisfy their own personal goals to be deemed a success. None of us know what Turbine are viewing as a 'success' for this game other than to create a game that works well, appeals to its targeted community, minimises errors and bugs and completes the financial targets laid out by the financers. 

We don't know what their financial goals are for the game and that has to be one of the key drivers for any developement company.

From reading articles such as http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/45/setView/features/loadFeature/972/HandsOnFirst10Levels.html

you get a good example of a fairly non-biased opinion.

• GianaGiana Member Posts: 26

From what ive read on various gaming sites and heard through the grapevine, i agree with the OP i dont think it will flop either,

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Originally posted by Sturmrabe
    LOL DDO with different textures FTL

If anything I've heard about either game is accurate, that is completely inaccurate.

• jessianjessian Member Posts: 277
    it wont flop, as both my brother and i will be investing our time in this game, chrikey its the only game my bro will leave SWG for. image yes, hes still playing it image screw loose inside his noggin. image
  • YanariYanari Member Posts: 9

I think that their initial success or failure will depend entirely on their marketing campaign. 

This game seems to be flying under the radar of a large portion of the gaming community.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but the Vanguard hype is pretty vigorous in comparison.  I think that's going to be their main competition.  Both games seem to be really solid (from what anyone can tell pre-release), but I just don't hear a lot of talk about this game.  That worries me, because I'm really excited about this game & am hoping it's successful.

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

I don't know if it will flop, but I doubt it will be a huge hit.  With the game coming out maybe 5 years after the films, I think we can say they didn't "strike while the hammer was hot." 

Might have been a great hit had it come out during the release of the films.  But now, it'll just attract the die-hard Tolkien crowd, is my guess.