Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please.....be my friend.

NodotsamNodotsam Member Posts: 12

Hello! I am interested in starting up EQ 2, but doesn't look like any of my friends are interested in playing. So, I was wondering, what is the community like? I'm just looking for a game where I can find someone to quest with and not always get the feeling that the game is dying.

Comments

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

welcome and well met, Nodotsam.  enjoy ur time in the forums and ingame.  im on Vox server.  ingame name is Drlzzt.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Best community in any game, ever. I play on Mistmoore.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    hiyas, haggly here, i play on bazaar, look me up if wanna party.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• AzerekiAzereki Member Posts: 14
    I used to play on Mistmoore, starting from launch up until Desert of Flames .. it seemed like all of the decent guilds on that server all but died out.  How is it going on there now?  Is Bazaar even worth checking out, or is it just a buncha gold farmers and generally shady individuals who only raid and gear up with a guild for the purpose of selling their toons?
  • napalmswebnapalmsweb Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Welcome! If you play on Vox, and are a Q, I will most certainly gank you for all your shiny things image

I'm generally a solo player but, if I want a guild, I've never had a difficult time finding one. There's one guild that I avoid (Faith of Heroes), though, because they have far too many members and the number can't possibly be managable. I was in their guild at one time, and while the guild is very friendly and helpful, I never saw anything in my chat window but their chatter because they just talk so bloody much. Or maybe just because their's so many members that it SEEMS like they talk to much.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

Hi and welcome to EQ2.  I play on Lucan Dlere, which is one of the two roleplaying servers.

We never lack for guilds and have some very good ones.  I quite frequently see global messages of other guilds progressing in levels flashing across the screen.  My guild is at level cap of 50 and a very friendly guild, but generally only invites new members if they are level 50 or higher.    I know of several others though that are doing well, have good people, and will recruit lower level members. 

The letter U is a hotbutton for bringing up your guild window which will help you find info about guilds that are recruiting if you are not in one.  It can be a very useful tool for helping you find your own guild family.

With or without a guild, it isn't hard to find people to group and play with.  The global level chat channels are great for that and so is the community window that helps you find others that are looking for groups.  As far as the general friendliness of the EQ2 community, I would say that it is one of the best, if not THE best. 

Originally posted by Azereki
    I used to play on Mistmoore, starting from launch up until Desert of Flames .. it seemed like all of the decent guilds on that server all but died out.  How is it going on there now?  Is Bazaar even worth checking out, or is it just a buncha gold farmers and generally shady individuals who only raid and gear up with a guild for the purpose of selling their toons?

not my guild, I dont even partake in exchange server activities, and the other guilds i assoiciate myself with do not dabble in the market too much, yes they are out there, but its up to you to want to partake in selling your goods on exchange or not, as in all raids loot goes by lotto to whomever wins it, and whomever wins it it is a bottomline personal choice if the winner of the raid loot wants to sell it or keep it.

Originally posted by Nodotsam
    Hello! I am interested in starting up EQ 2, but doesn't look like any of my friends are interested in playing. So, I was wondering, what is the community like? I'm just looking for a game where I can find someone to quest with and not always get the feeling that the game is dying.

i just thought i would add you will love the mastadons in everfrost

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Hello! 

Im on Antonia Bayle.  My characters are

Murdeep, Daemov, Nikoh

Guild is: Legion of Truthseekers

look me up if you want to do some hunting and what-not

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
    The community is by far the best I've ever seen in an MMO.

• NodotsamNodotsam Member Posts: 12

Well, hopefully I pull together enough money to buy EoF when it comes out, hope to see you guys ingame when I do.