Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 community loss and growth since Release.

WrOnKSTeRWrOnKSTeR Member Posts: 14
I once played EQ2 for about 6 months and left due to the loss of many players i was friends with due to the downfall of the game at release..   i came back a year after the release to see most of the level 30ish zones and lower almost completely empty. I am wonder now, with everything fixed if the community has grown to be the community it once was the first few months it was first released?

Comments

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    i didnt play at release.  but i can say that the lowbie zones arent empty on me server.  Vox (pvp).  and its a blast to play anyway.  so y does it matter if u feel the community has grown or dewindled?

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

It isn't so much that the game has dwindled as that it has matured and grown in ways other than playerbase population. 

The reason you see level 30 zones with much lower population in players is because way back at release EVERYONE was in the level 30 zones and below.  Now there are a lot more zones for players to spread out in ranging from levels 10 through 70.  Once you hit the Overrealm you'll see populations soar again as more and more characters reach level cap and play in the level 70 zones.  

With the addition of EoF zones though, people will be migrating to EoF so population will spread out again...or maybe everyone will be playing in EoF for a while as they check out the new content there, so those zones may be very crowded while the older zones will be even more sparse.

As the world gets larger, population is quite naturally going to be spread thinner over a wider range of area and content.

• MuddahMuddah Member UncommonPosts: 161

I'll be buying it when the EoF expansion comes out. It gives you all the previous game and the expansion for $40 can't beat that I figure so I'm going to get it. After 6 years in EQ1 and about a year in WoW and the last few months in a beta I hope EQ2 is what I'm looking for.

New player race usually means a good time to start as a lot of folks will start new or return and start it up again or roll new alts.image

I'll probably play on a English Euro server. As I play mostly during the days even though I'm American. My hours as a bartender are quite weird and very non-raid friendly.

Can't decide what class/race I want goodness decisions decisions....

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Yes i might be getting it aswell.

It is a sweet deal, and i actually liked EQ2 when i played it few months ago

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    What are you talking about? I see people constantly. So much so that we're fighting over things like nodes and spawns (not litterally but we all try to get there first).

• MuppetHeroMuppetHero Member Posts: 208

EoF is amazing expantion. I would honestly pay twice it. its like its own game. Great zones, great quests, great mobs.. and a REALLY great new race.

thank you everquest 2

Conservatism.
    Just old white men trying to find ways to legalize discrimination, and make the poor poorer

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Having played since release i can tell you that the population in the lower zones is far from what it used to be.  But i still see people in these zones so i wouldnt say the lower zones are dead, just not as populated as it was.
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by MuppetHero

EoF is amazing expantion. I would honestly pay twice it.

Hey now, don't give them any ideas! image

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• AzerekiAzereki Member Posts: 14
    Would it even be remotely feasable to reroll in EQ2 to check out the expansion or is the majority of the remaining community too high level to even find a group for the first 50 or so levels?

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    im no where near 50 and i dont have any troubles getting groups.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Azereki
    Would it even be remotely feasable to reroll in EQ2 to check out the expansion or is the majority of the remaining community too high level to even find a group for the first 50 or so levels?

Well, considering this expansion introduces a new race, starting city and lowbie zones i think its safe to say that theres going to be plenty of lowbie characters to group with.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I agree. Alot of people are going to be starting out because of the new city and new race. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Not that you have anything to worry about anyway. I've never had problems finding a group and I'm not anywhere near 50.