Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I hate Runescape

2»

Comments

• cameronx5cameronx5 Member Posts: 7
    IF you really dont like it dont post about it because there are over 800,000 people who still like it and its growing... and do you think it would be great graphics really its a FREE ONLINE game what were u expecting
  • evolutionistevolutionist Member Posts: 36

Ok mister (oh my I refrained from calling you somthing inappropriate thats a first I guess miricles do happen). For the last flippin time. If we don't like the game we post about it becuz its our duty to tell you poor souls what you are missing out on and how your sad life is being wasted away in front of a computer screen playing RUNESCAPE FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!

WE POST BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT A @#@$ FORUM IS FOR!!!

YAH. yaaaaah.

ok.

oh but you are right your not really paying unless you subscribe and all your doing is getting like a million more time wasting things to do. Im just telling u man.

• mrshmlomanmrshmloman Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by LostSeraph

Crass...yes. True...also yes.
    By the way, why does everybody keep redirecting to Knight Online? That game has so many hackers, glitch abusers, corrupt mods and stupid staff (wow that's about the fifty-billionth time I've said that in this Runescape forum) right now that I don't recommend playing it for a while until they get it all sorted out.
    But putting that aside, Runescape (in my opinion, feel free to have yours) is a fairly good game for n00bs, but once you actually become an experienced mmo player you realize that there are much better games out there (GUILD WARS)
    And to all of you idiots who say "go post your opinion somewhere else", THIS IS A FORUM. IT IS MEANT FOR SHARING IDEAS.

eh. Guild Wars is Ok. i have all lvl 20 RP chars and its reeeeally starting to get old. I can't wait till Vanguard SOH comes out. If you guys want a decent game, i'd play WOW or EQII. I was an old skool EQI player, but i heard EQII and WoW were good. I'm not dissing RS... yet. I used to think it was the best game ever. Until I played a REAL MMORPG.(EQ)

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by iampieman
    You know seriously if you hate it so much quit complaining and go play something else

Apparently u dont get the meaning of a forum. They are for expressing opinions about whatever the topic of the forum is. And if that means calling RS a thrown-together piece of Java crap, then so be it.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• iggy1736iggy1736 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by evildead305

dudes just shut up about how its bad and how you dont know the true meaning i mean people that dont like just dont play, people who like it just play it and stop convincing people that its a good game, and people who dont like it stop trying to convince people that you know the true meaning!

I have to completely agree with you even though they do charge too much to be a mem noting you can buy alot better games at walmart for a one time price not spending over $100 dollars a year on a game lol thats insane if you ask me id rather play battledawn.

J.F.K best leader we have ever had!!!thank you!thank you!

• iggy1736iggy1736 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by cameronx5

IF you really dont like it dont post about it because there are over 800,000 people who still like it and its growing... and do you think it would be great graphics really its a FREE ONLINE game what were u expecting

Ok....when i used to play id say bout 5 years ago you could go to this site called miniclip.com and it would be like number 1 or number 2. They have lost alot more players because everything is for members.you used to be able to sign up for rs classic now if you didnt have an account you cant.You used to be able to do just about what ever you wanted now you cant there are some good things about it though now you can get your holiday items back from diango and they have a bit more stuff and for being free it has ALRIGHT graphics their not great.if you want to play another mmorpg then go to www.maidmarion.com and play one of the games there otherwise their just opinions so dont get mad at people for posting their opinion thats what a fourm is about its about YOUR opinions not one persons.MY rs account is inuyasha0919 if any1 wants to add me.With that i end my opinion

• moneyplease1moneyplease1 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Shrimp10

Originally posted by grenades69

Originally posted by daveliang99

Hey dude,

The main reason why u hated Runescape is mostly because you dunno the true meaning of it. RUNESCAPE IS NOT CREATED FOR PLAYERS WHO SIMPLY TRAIN UP THEIR COMBAT STATS. The actual meaning of Runescape is to train every skill to 99, and to complete all the quests available. The ONLY REASON why people think there is repetitiveness in Runescape is simply because they're FREEPLAYERS, once you become a member, you would never say or think there is repetitiveness. MEMBERS is the only way for you to discover the other half of Runescape, with massive areas, skills, monsters, and space for your character to train and discover. DO NOT JUST SIMPLY SAY RUNESCAPE  SUCKS CUZ U HAVE NOT DISCOVER THE TRUE MEANING OF IT.

P.S. START A RUNESCAPE MEMBERSHIP FOR 1 MONTH b4 deciding whether you feel anymore repetitiveness.

P.P.S. "What thwarts us and demands of us the greatest effort is also what can teach us the most" - Andre Gide

START PUTTING MORE EFFORT INTO RUNESCAPE B4 SAYING THERE IS "REPETITIVENESS"

Daveliang99

Does it count that I played members from lvl 53 to 107? I did all the quests available at the time and had all skills (including farming) above 50 and almost 60. I also had a whip, full guthans, full veracs and a load of other bits and peices. And I still say that allmost 99% of runescape is repetitive. Can I just also add that repetitiveness isn't having nothing to do in a game, it's having to do repetitive tasks over and over in order to get somewhere in the game, which is what runescape is all about.

No, it doesn't count in this case.

How does that not count in this case? Admit it, Theres a limit, you feel locked up, you can only have a certain set of weapons/ armor, once you get full dragon w/whip you feel you cant move on anymore, that is why diablo2/WoW is better then RS. The only reason i played was to see how high i could get some1 to give me for my scythe.. the highest I got was an account with 100mil, Im banned from the game now.. i got bored and left a macro on all night and my thieving went up twenty lvls. Oh well
  • DiavirDiavir Member Posts: 31

Played this game for a year and a half.

Probably one of the worst decisions I ever made after I realized there were other games out there that did what this one did but 100X better, for instance Guild Wars (No pun intended) or what did it even better than Guild Wars, World of Warcraft.

It' still funny these people stick up for this hacked together peice of shit, and don't go saying 'its f2p, of course its not good', theres other f2p games that blow this out of the water, graphics were decent back in 2001-02, but in 2007 it's like playing a game on your cellphone

The reason this game attracts so many players is for the facts stated

1. Its free, Why not?

2. Its browser based

3. You don't need a great computer to play it

Those are the ups, the downs are

1. Terrible Graphics

2. Terrible combat system, all you do is click to fight, simple as that, there are no skills, nothing to make the fight interesting

3. Terrible Graphics

4. Most ignorant/retarded people you'll ever play a game with

5. PvP sucks- It's not even rewarding, you don't get anything that makes it worth your time except some armor that has the same stats as armor you can wear at level 30, and even if you want that you have to fucking do it constantly

Quick breakdown of the 'Castle Wars' system

-Its capture the flag, 30 minutes long no matter what, and you get 2 tickets at the end of each round

-Best PvP armor is around 1200(not sure but it's close) tickets, Do the math. 

6. It's completely item based

7. Curse filter is horrible (blurs out words that arent even curses)

8. 5$ a month for the game to be worth anything

9. Terrible customer service

10. Everything in the game is done by clicking, no skill bar, no intensive combat, nothing worth doing honestly

11. No character customization, everyone on p2p looks the same as everyone else on p2p, everyone on f2p thats level 55+ looks the exact same

12. Updates normally don't add anything worth doing

13. Some really useless skills such as 'carpentry' which completely fucked the games economy up and serves no point other than to strut how rich you are

14. Hunter skill - Slayer skill but they remade it to be 'fun'

15. Bosses aren't even hard and require little or no strategy to defeat

16. Bots out the fucking wazoo

17. Hard to get anything done in the game that requires human interaction

You get the point

Anyways, you people who want to stick up for this hunk of shit, be my guest, go play another MMO for a week (Just about any of them except Tibia or Endless Online) and tell me this game is better or even on par with it.

World of Warcraft beats the shit out of this game, sorry.

P.S. Bakura678, look him up if you think Im bashing this without prior knowledge

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

WAR: Diavir Mortis 40 Chosen
    WoW: Desinovita 76 Deathknight, Diavir 70 Elemental Shaman
    Guild Wars: Oni Ragnarok, Warrior

• TharcideTharcide Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by Diavir

Played this game for a year and a half.
    Probably one of the worst decisions I ever made after I realized there were other games out there that did what this one did but 100X better, for instance Guild Wars (No pun intended) or what did it even better than Guild Wars, World of Warcraft.
    It' still funny these people stick up for this hacked together peice of shit, and don't go saying 'its f2p, of course its not good', theres other f2p games that blow this out of the water, graphics were decent back in 2001-02, but in 2007 it's like playing a game on your cellphone
    The reason this game attracts so many players is for the facts stated
    1. Its free, Why not?
    2. Its browser based
    3. You don't need a great computer to play it
    Those are the ups, the downs are
    1. Terrible Graphics
    2. Terrible combat system, all you do is click to fight, simple as that, there are no skills, nothing to make the fight interesting
    3. Terrible Graphics
    4. Most ignorant/retarded people you'll ever play a game with
    5. PvP sucks- It's not even rewarding, you don't get anything that makes it worth your time except some armor that has the same stats as armor you can wear at level 30, and even if you want that you have to fucking do it constantly
    Quick breakdown of the 'Castle Wars' system
    -Its capture the flag, 30 minutes long no matter what, and you get 2 tickets at the end of each round
    -Best PvP armor is around 1200(not sure but it's close) tickets, Do the math. 
    6. It's completely item based
    7. Curse filter is horrible (blurs out words that arent even curses)
    8. 5$ a month for the game to be worth anything
    9. Terrible customer service
    10. Everything in the game is done by clicking, no skill bar, no intensive combat, nothing worth doing honestly
    11. No character customization, everyone on p2p looks the same as everyone else on p2p, everyone on f2p thats level 55+ looks the exact same
    12. Updates normally don't add anything worth doing
    13. Some really useless skills such as 'carpentry' which completely fucked the games economy up and serves no point other than to strut how rich you are
    14. Hunter skill - Slayer skill but they remade it to be 'fun'
    15. Bosses aren't even hard and require little or no strategy to defeat
    16. Bots out the fucking wazoo
    17. Hard to get anything done in the game that requires human interaction
    You get the point
    Anyways, you people who want to stick up for this hunk of shit, be my guest, go play another MMO for a week (Just about any of them except Tibia or Endless Online) and tell me this game is better or even on par with it.
    World of Warcraft beats the shit out of this game, sorry.
    P.S. Bakura678, look him up if you think Im bashing this without prior knowledge
    I agree with everything except for a few things.

1. Its graphics would still be horrible in 2001

2. I had the greatest PVP experience (in a mmo) while playing Runescape

The Wars I had (clan vs clan) and dueling was the whole reason I stuck with Runescape for as long as I did.

The economy was great, except that you had to stand around yelling what you were selling or buying.

One of the main points to the game was to get as much gold as you could.

Another main point was to try to rise above the people around you... constantly in competition.

Which is very different from other MMO's... where everyone usually works together... always.

Other than that.... It really was a horrible game.

P.S. Played from when the scythes dropped to a week after the Gunthan, whatever gear came out

Ended at 90 Mage at 114 combat.

• messenger123messenger123 Member Posts: 4
    I think this game was OK. i played it for like 1 month, there was alot to do but then i quit due to Scamming, Rudeness off players and just the graphics were just rubbish! It gets boring after a time and i do not regogmend this!

Guild Wars rules (^^0/<)

• zetaro128zetaro128 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by cameronx5

Ok look man. There are so many other free online games out there in the hundreds and they have WAY better graphics than RS. SO STICK A FUCKING SOCK IN IT YOU HAM.

Are you having a bad day?
    Simply Alt+F4 and all your troubles will go away!

• XylographerXylographer Member Posts: 3
    The game is very bad... I hearded a lot of bad speaks about Runescape.. So try to play this game and I undestand why this game is so noobish....
  • MertezMertez Member Posts: 19

Runescape 1 was the first MMORPG I had played and I enjoyed it alot and was in it for about 3 years, but that was a long time ago, I've played alot of MMO's since then like Guild Wars, WoW, EQ2, KOL, KAL, Flyff, Rakion, RYL, Lineage 2, and alot more... But every time I try to go back to Runescape, I don't get the feel I had before, and I'd get boed after 5 minutes

Mertez Aad

• DrFunk15DrFunk15 Member Posts: 1
    No but I mean, I use to actually play RuneScape when I did know any other games out there.. When you dont how other games are, then, obviously, you will enjoy RuneScape, BUT once you find some other game, RuneScape is trash! Lol.. Anyway, you cant blame the whole game, look, it has EXTREMELY bad graphics, I know that, BUT first of all, its Java, and second of all, you dont have to download anything, so what are you expecting???

Oh and for the "skills", the attacking skills = pathetic BUT.. All those other skills, when you think about it, are mad crazy though!!

PvP, I cant defend it, its terrible..

Also the point click I didnt like...

Most of the community are 9 yr old OR 20 yr olds..

But like I said, if you dont feel like downloading anything, and didnt ever try a good MMORPG before, of course your gonna find RuneScape good.. I give that game a 7/10.. ( Not comparing it with other games, I give a 7/10 for what its suppose to be ).

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    Why don't they make a RS3. If they improve graphics and the fighting skillz it mite be a decent game. They mite make it cost mor but its worth it. And the community will probaly fix itself if it costs more.

• olebull1olebull1 Member Posts: 2

i like rs wats wrong with it(i dont kno anyfree games that are better)

..::matt::..

• White-EyesWhite-Eyes Member Posts: 108
    There probebly on there way of making an RS3. (or at leat I hope so!) I also totally agree that if they did it would fix a lot of problems by itself. (like the community!) But ya it will probebly cost more though, and would definitly need a new base for the graphics and many other things that would probebly give Jagex a lot of problems... but if they did make an RS3 i would be willing to play and rate it none the less!

Stephan Moffett

• bubblegummanbubblegumman Member Posts: 6
    The reason being that they do not make a RuneScape 3 is mainly because of their budget. Their engine is already state-of-the-art. Since RuneScape requires no download, JageX either had to give up the speed of servers of graphics. Obviously they chose to give up good graphics, but to make them better, they would have to require a download. Some people (like the paying members) do not like to download game clients on their computer. Reason being, either they have no memory left, or they are scared of getting viruses from the mirror sites. If JageX did make RuneScape a client that you download, the game would be much better. But they fear losing their paying members if they do so.

I am not trying to convince you to play the game, just giving you the hardcore facts of why RuneScape's graphics are not as good as say, World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. People post here saying the graphics are not as good as they can be, well I think they should go home and do some research to find out WHY the graphics aren't good. Like I did.

Player vs. Player in RuneScape is quite developed, I have no idea why you brought it up. The Wilderness offers for Player Killing, the Arena offers for Staking. What could you not do in any other game (fight another player without losing anything) is here in RuneScape.

Grind is part of every MMORPG, it is what separates them from regular games. In RuneScape, the grind is not bad at all. They have 32 skills in which you can train, so if you get tired of one skill, move on to the next. You do not have to stay on one skill the entire game you know.

Sound is again in the engine of the game. They had to give up sound and graphics to reduce lag.

The community of RuneScape is good, what are you talking about. Try getting past Tutorial Island so you can talk with other players. You will find that there are many a helpful person playing the game.

Customer Support is OK on RuneScape. It takes JageX a while to respond back, but that is only because they have 8,000,000+ players playing all with a problem they need fixed. All in all, the Customer Support is great considering other games and the amount of players on RuneScape.

Repetitiveness is just grinding all bundled up in a fancy word. Read my argument about grinding.

What would you like done to the Combat System? WASD movement cannot be incorporated into the game unless they make  you press enter every time you want to chat. But who wants to keep pressing enter every time? It gets to be a hassle, especially when you are trying to sell something.

Scammers and Hackers are people in EVERY MMORPG that try to convince other players they are regular. Most of the time they succeed due to the fact that RuneScape consists mostly of young children to gullible teenagers. The Scammers and Hackers get their password or items, and the people tell Customer Support. Well, I have news for those people. Try going to school and learn a little more about business before you freely give stuff out to random people on the internet.

All of the points you have made lack detail into what you what put in the game. So what if you don't like it? Harp on another game or just quit RuneScape all together. RuneScape may make YOU feel like it is a bad game, but that doesn't mean the next person hates it either. They could absolutely LOVE the game and feel put down by your remarks.

And about the comment about who has the time to grind all stats to 99... Look on the high  scores list to find about 10 players who have all stats to 99. Mainly look at the one called "Zezima".

Current MMORPG's - Last Chaos, Hero Online, RuneScape, Silk Road.

Current PC games - Dark Messiah, Oblivion, Dungeon Lords, Heroes V.

I hate the crap about "98% of teenagers do this, if you are part of the 2% that don't, put this is your signature!" Everybody knows that its 99% and the 1% different teenagers.

Invader ZIM is crazy, he's about 3 feet tall and thinks he is going to rule the world. Everybody knows you have to be at least 4 feet tall to do that.