Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MMOWTF: OMG CSRs!!

2»

Comments

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653

Originally posted by brostyn
    When you go to what are you more concerned about? The food, or the little punk giving you an attitude over the counter? Your food is cheap, and fills you stomach, which is why you walked in there. If you want the little punk to kiss your butt you go somewhere that has a higher price tag.

Just like the fast food industry MMO's customer service takes a back seat, because what we really care about is the content and class balancing issues. You want better customer service you must pay more. I do not want to pay more. I am willing to sacrifice customer service for more content.

As customers we aren't allowed to complain if we aren't willing to pay higher monthly fees. You get what you pay for. To think otherwise is simply naive.

Yea but say you went to McDonalds and you ordered a coke and nuggets.  Instead you got a sprite and a cheeseburger.   Would you be mad?  Would you ask and ask and ask to get your order right?  Complain to the point where they stop listening to you? 

Yea its a different situation but its the same IDEA!!!!  Customer Service in the MMO world sucks a big fat one.  The game designers shouldn't worry about CS the publisher and the money backers should!  Happy customers mean paying customers.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Close, but I have to disagree with you.

EVEOnline invites you to eat for FREE for 14 days, period.  You don't pay to buy the game.  If you want to stay, pay the usual $15 a month.  You paid nothing upfront.  You ate free for two weeks.  At the end of it all, if you stay with them, you get the very best customer service that money can buy in an MMORPG.

It all boils down to how much value that the company places in it's customers.  To CCP, customers are priority one.  EVEOnline is still growing and it is like four years old now.  That is impressive to me.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

To understand what costs there are to a mmorpg read Ralph Koster's article which explains it very good. Customer Service is one of the parts explained.

• GunnyFisherGunnyFisher Member Posts: 65
    I refuse to eat at McDonalds because of one idiot person at the drive through.
    Customer service is king, some companies get it, some don't. I used to manage a small resturaunt. One day the CO2 system on the coke machine sprang a leak, and leaked out a bottle of CO2. Call at 4:30 p.m. on a Sunday expecting to get a answering machine or one of those damn menues. From time of call to time of repair was 2.5 hours. Not time guy got to my place, but the time the guy left. My jaw just dropped at this, they even replaced the CO2 tank w/o me even asking. Not only did Coke keep my business, but they got absolute rave reviews from me, and some friends of the family who were opening up a new resturaunt, guess who they went with, even though coke was slightly more expensive?
    Compair with with the telephone company who refuses to speek with you for 2 weeks. 2 weeks w/o phone service becuase thy hang up on you as soon as you try to utter, I want to place a service call. I about blew my top when a manager told me that he had no record of my service being out for two weeks. I told him that if his employees would stop telling me to check the service at the exterior box and hanging up on me maybe his damn records would be more accurate.

Have faith in God, believe in antimatter.