Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extra EoF Slots!

os008os008 Member UncommonPosts: 83

Hi,

Don't know if this has been discussed here before, but it has a long thread on the official forums ... http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=echoesoffaydwer&message.id=849&view=by_date_ascending&page=15

what i want to know is everyone's opinion on this issue and how will it affect his decision on buying or liking the expansion, and will it force u to buy Station Access to compensate for the problem? do u feel u're treated unfair by SOE for giving u just 6 slots globaly?

note: plz keep this thread clean, no flaming and childish rant, just express ur opinion repectfully plz, i still consider this game the best on the Online market, and i'm not angry at SOE, i'm just upset, big difference.

Thanks.

Egyptian, 27
Former EQ2, Guild Wars player
Waiting on the next decent MMO
Currently playing ... nothing.

Comments

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    I hate to be such a party killer, but my thought is that if you have all 6 slots full and you just can't live with the thought of deleting one of 'em because you've spend so much time on 'em, then you're probably spending more time on EQ2 than you should. Yeah, hate to sound like someone's mom, but that's how I feel image

Still, I doubt the servers would keel over if SOE opened up for one more slot and it would certainly make for a nice veteran reward or something. You know, a way to say thanks for paying full price for all the expansions when every Joe n00b gets the full package deal for the price of one.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• os008os008 Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Actually u're right on this point, i spent too much time playing EQ2, well, simply look at my sig, 1000 hours in 3 months :D, i cancelled my sub till January cause of my studies, i can't play all this time and study at the same time, and as i'm addicted i know that if i renew my sub i WILL play 24/7 again, and also as i'm going to return in Jan, if i don't buy EoF for any reason, i would better take a look at TR or VG, i'm sure they would be released by then!

Egyptian, 27

• ladyloreladylore Member Posts: 126
    All of my slots are currently full, but I will simply be deleting a character or two to make some new fairies. 

It isn't that big of a deal to me.

Here's my chat session with the Support today for anyone who still have doubts about this issue ...

[QUOTE]
    TSR Johnny W.:Hi, my name is TSR Johnny W.. One moment please, while I read your question.
    TSR Johnny W.: You will get the extra character slots with the station access subscription only, there is no extra character slot with the EOF expansion.
    You: oh i see, ok thanks
    TSR Johnny W.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    You: no, thx, that's all
    TSR Johnny W.: Thank you for visiting our Sony Online Entertainment customer support chat. Take care and have a nice day!
    [/QUOTE]

well, that was a bad move from Sony, hope they wake up one day :P, anyway, i'm sure a lot won't mind and still buy the expansion, not everyone holds their chrs dear to their heart, and not everyone have more than 5 Alts either!

note: if posting the chatt session here is not a cool thing then please delete it and just Quote the part where he told me no chr slots except with SA, thanks.

Egyptian, 27

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

Well I didn't vote in the poll because none of those answers was the right one for me.  Here is how I feel:

I currently have 4 characters that are high level and that are played often enough that I don't want to delete them ever.  I have 2 others that are babies that I have used just to try out a couple of classes and see if I like playing that class.  I will delete the two newbie chars and create faeries instead, so not a big deal in my situation. 

However, I do have friends that have worked and played hard to level 5 or 6 different characters and who would really benefit from an extra slot or two.  Many people like to roleplay their characters and still have many alts...some with intricate storylines and "liives" that are not just easily discarded to make room for a new character.

These players have been around since release two years ago and that's why they have so many characters.  I honestly believe they should be well rewarded for staying with the game as long as they have and for putting so much time and effort into it.  Someone who plays that much and enjoys the game enough to have that many alts usually brings others into the game by giving good word-of-mouth advertising to their friends.  Sony should recognize that and be supportive of those fans who are that loyal and dedicated.  As loyal paying customers, they should NOT be forced to pay more by upgrading to Station Access to get more slots.

I also think that whenever a new race or class is added to the game, there should be another slot or two added to allow for exploring that race/class combo, just on the principle that there are now so many more combinations that CAN be explored.

That said, I personally am not too upset about it because I do have slots to work with, but if my slots were all used on characters that I had developed well and did not want to delete, then yes I would be upset by it.  Either way I would probably still buy the expansion.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    I wonder why SOE chose this limit? Is it some arbitrary number a developer plucked out of the air? Or a carefully calculated compromise between annoying customers who run out of slots and getting extra money from people buying second accounts?

I can't imagine the disk space costs of a few extra characters would be that high.

So why?

And the whole - you can have 6 in europe and 6 in the US doesn't make any sense at all. Unless it's part of a subtle plan to encourage international fraternisation.

None of this makes sense. I can understand some sort of limit just to stop customers from taking the p**s, but why not 20? Or 50? Nowadays you can get a free GMail account with gigabytes of storage for free. For $15 dollars a month I expect to be able to play more than six characters.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Just been thinking a little more about this issue, and I've come to the
    conclusion that the only point of the character limit is to persuade
    people to upgrade to station access.

Hence from Sony's point of view, people running out of slots with EOF coming out is a good thing.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I think that you shouldn't worry about what one of the players posts and wait until SOE releases EoF to find out because any player could easily be wrong.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Moirae
    I think that you shouldn't worry about what one of the players posts and wait until SOE releases EoF to find out because any player could easily be wrong.

Its a fact that there arent going to be any extra character slots, a dev confirmed it.

Originally posted by Flem

Originally posted by Moirae

Its a fact that there arent going to be any extra character slots, a dev confirmed it.

lol, it doesn't require a dev to confirm it publicly, look up Moirae, i posted the chat log with one of the support guys, he can't say anything that the company didn't put infront of him on the computer ;).

Egyptian, 27