Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My PC arrives soon!!! And I gona be joining the MMORPG Franchise, but every1s killing RF Online! I t

Ned333Ned333 Member Posts: 2

Im not new to RPGs, they're all I play, but online games are different, I've only played Halo2 and DiabloII before at a friends. My PC's gona arrive soon and I'm reli hyped about joining the MMORPG Community, I love it! Im a big fan of RF Online, but I havnt even played it yet, honestly guys, am I gona b disappointed???

Ned

Ned, lol

Comments

• MachoMMachoM Member Posts: 89

MMORPGs and offline RPGs can be quite different.  MMORPGs usually, in today's day in age, require some grind and maybe farming, especially Asian MMOs it seems.  But to me, the big thing about MMORPGs is the community and the PvP.  I haven't played RF in a while but I did have fun in the Chip Wars.  Of course, I started right when RF was released so we were all about the same level.  Now I hear that you get 1 shotted all the time if your not up in the high 30s/40s.  I would suggest finding a good guild to join, to me atleast being in a good guild can make all the difference.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Ned333
      Im not new to RPGs, they're all I play, but online games are different, I've only played Halo2 and DiabloII before at a friends. My PC's gona arrive soon and I'm reli hyped about joining the MMORPG Community, I love it! Im a big fan of RF Online, but I havnt even played it yet, honestly guys, am I gona b disappointed???             Ned
    If this is your first MMORPG, don't buy RF Online. I recommend you buy World of Warcraft as your first MMORPG.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    LIke Gameloading stated try another one first.  RFO really isn't as bad as people say but it is grindy and from what I saw while playing it would certainly not be as friendly to a new MMO player as a few other games.  That said, if you still want to play RFO have fun and don't let the naysayers get you down.  The game isn't the greatest but it is far for the worst.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• kaiz611kaiz611 Member Posts: 15
    Yeah but don't send the guy to WoW.  Then he'll be corrupted and unable to try anything else.  I say let him try rfo and whatever he wants to.  Some people like to grind.  And I seem to remember grinding faction for a long freaking time in WoW image

DAoC has a good 14 day trial that starts you off in a guild that is very helpful.

Anarchy Online is free. You have to add a couple expansions for full game but nonethe less a big portion is free.

Final Fantasy XI is cheap to buy and very group oriented.

Lineage II has had vast improvements with C4/C5 that make it easier to get started.

Guild Wars while not a real MMORPG is still a fun game and closer for you to Diablo II. In fact I recommend you start with this one.

If possible stay away from WoW for a little bit. If not play, enjoy it, then you'll see its actually quite shallow. Fun mind you but it "dummies" down the mmorpg.

• Ned333Ned333 Member Posts: 2

I just got Guild Wars Factions, its reli good. Formed my own guild an that, and so close to gettin a guild hall, cheers for the help guys, I'll try RF Online at a later time, free trial it.

Ned

Ned, lol

• DalzielDalziel Member Posts: 12
    always try a game for yourself- dont let others decide for you.