Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what do you think of the changes?

2»

Comments

• YummydainYummydain Member Posts: 51
    Guys this is stupid! Mana pots need to go... If you run out of mana, SIT!!! Stop crying about how slow you regen, it makes the game more strategic to what spells you will and will not cast!

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

IMHO, downtime adds nothing to a game. /shrug, Don't use them if you like sitting.

To late now, whats done is done, ask the SWG players about that type of stuff lol.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by Kyleran

It seems to me that the people who stuck with Lineage 2 did so because it was "hardcore", sort of like joining the Marines, and they revelled in its difficulty.  These changes appear to make the game considerably easier, and it seems to be changing the core game that their player base seemed to prefer so I question the wisdom of it. Sony could give a few lessons on re-designing a game to try and appeal to a broader audiance, only to send the core player community running for cover....

QFT

This is why it makes no sense to me with all these changes.  It is too late in the game to try to change the core of the game.  The core of the playerbase left playing this game from the beggining are either the dedicated or the hardcore.  What both share in common though is the love of what the game is and what it offers that is unique.

These changes alienate the hardcore and the dedicated.  It makes these players feel cheated.  I mean the value of L2 in leveling legit is the satisfaction of leveling with patience and with efficient use of your time.  There isn't a game out there that brings me that level of satisfaction that L2 does when you level.

As for removing the dropping of gear on death I can see why they would implement this as losing A grade/S grade could be (and most of the time will be) devastating to a player.  Even if you have the funds to recover from a loss it takes away your will.  A better solution would have been to change the way armor is crafted and changed the drop/spoil tables to bring down the prices of the armors in sell shops or ensure a greater availability of the armors via crafting.

LoL, they didn't "redesign" the whole game...all they did was add a few new potions and take away item drop on death for "whites". Like anyone is going to miss item drop while "white". Yes, dropping items when mobs killed you because the server lagged or crashed was fun. Tell me I'm wrong lol. Reds is different. Thats fine, Reds should have the drop rate INCREASED, make it worth hunting them down.

The only thing that bothers me is I liked getting loot of bots.

You are talking like this was SWG - NGE. Its not even close to that scale. The game plays exactly the same. This doesn't alienate/cheat anyone. Other then item drop, nothing has changed with the core mechanics.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Originally posted by Torak
    LoL, they didn't "redesign" the whole game...all they did was add a few new potions and take away item drop on death for "whites". Like anyone is going to miss item drop while "white". Yes, dropping items when mobs killed you because the server lagged or crashed was fun. Tell me I'm wrong lol. Reds is different. Thats fine, Reds should have the drop rate INCREASED, make it worth hunting them down. The only thing that bothers me is I liked getting loot of bots. You are talking like this was SWG - NGE. Its not even close to that scale. The game plays exactly the same. This doesn't alienate/cheat anyone. Other then item drop, nothing has changed with the core mechanics.

This is all completely true.

Also, these mana potions, they really aren't gamebreaking in any way whatseoever. In fact, they really aren't very useful at all.

What they are useful for is if you are completely out of many and need one or two more spells to save your butt.

Otherwise, they aren't worth buying. The amount they give you isn't a lot at all. Not even close. And there is a 5 minute timer.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by Torak
    LoL, they didn't "redesign" the whole game...all they did was add a few new potions and take away item drop on death for "whites". Like anyone is going to miss item drop while "white". Yes, dropping items when mobs killed you because the server lagged or crashed was fun. Tell me I'm wrong lol. Reds is different. Thats fine, Reds should have the drop rate INCREASED, make it worth hunting them down. The only thing that bothers me is I liked getting loot of bots. You are talking like this was SWG - NGE. Its not even close to that scale. The game plays exactly the same. This doesn't alienate/cheat anyone. Other then item drop, nothing has changed with the core mechanics.
    Those few potions make a huge difference just like those solo pots.  It completey changes the complexion of the game and has an impact on support classes.  For solo players the pots are a welcomed addition but for classes that rely on support it is a dread.

Taking away the ability to drop when white is what made Lineage II exciting in that you had to take care of yourself when XPing or PVPing becuase death could potentially really matter.  You could not be reckless.  Deaths still matter in Lineage II to a degree due to XP loss but even that is not that a big of a deal anymore if you have a bishop or can afford scrolls.  Deaths had a lot more meaning with whites dropping in my opinion.

No it is not on the SWG - NGE level of change but is a change in the wrong direction in my opinion. Just like SWG, Lineage II is bringing about changes to a niche game to try to appeal to everyone instead of focusing on the core of the players that DO like what the niche game offers.

These changes alienate/cheat those that loved the game for what it was.  These new changes are a late knee jerk response to WoW.  Lets not beat around the bush that is why they decided to impliment all these things late in the game.  Lineage II is a niche game so why try to appeal to more people?  L2 was not suffering either as a niche game as the game subscription base has increased two fold. 

Item drop is a core mechanic of this game and is the defining part of it.  If you take away item drop and xp penalties the core of the game is gutted.  It is no longer a niche game it is an ordinary game trying to appeal to "everyone".  It was and never will be WoW but why not stick with what works?  You would think people learned the first time with SWG -NGE debacle.  Oh well history tends to repeat itself and I just feel strongly this is the wrong path to take.

Do not misunderstand I like the game and I do play it but I feel that Lineage II lost a golden oppurtunity to go in a different direction and really make it self unique compared to other MMORPG's.

I sort of agree with you on the idem drop...its strange not having to worry about losing anything. If it was possible, they should have left all PvP drops alone. Mob drop, I always thought was silly. It just slowed you down.People who are wreckless and die frequently will do so anyway regardless of the game mechanic.

The potions...the insta ones that drop, again personally I don't think they had any impact on other tthen the fact they take away downtime and speed up leveling a bit. It doesn't make it any easier really, L2 is STILL a horrible grind. I don't think we will see a glut of WoW players flooding the saying its easy now...

The new mana pots, dunno. Same as the insta pots. They are (far to) expensive so you can't go popping them like mad, they are on a 5 minute timer so you can't use them all that frequently, and as far as I know (I havent used one) they dont replenish all the mana anyway. It seems to me its just an "emergancy pot". Do these 3 new potions change things? Yes, now in PvP combat you need to take into account that the other player will now pop a HP,CP, and Mana pot but they can only do it once.

You are able to pop a heal pot anyway, its the same thing. They are all on timers so its not like they can span them like in other games.

I know what you are saying, it can be viewed as both good and bad. I've read both sides. Some say it encourages PvP some say the oposite. The only thing that bims me out is the fact that killing bots is no longer profittable. And the sense of risk isn't there anymore.image It is a step to a different kind of L2. A "softer" one I think. The death penalty is pretty much meaningless as all you need to do is have it removed. The XP loss is still what hurts. The easier ways of "no drop" will IMHO encourage a different type of player. The meaningless ganker.