Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to all the noobs who think PVP is unbalanced

2»

Comments

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

The class balance is fine in WoW.

The gear part is what makes this game so rediculously unbalanced. Gear is everything in WoW, no skill AT ALL.

• K4ymenK4ymen Member Posts: 4
    /agree image with both of you, though I think there's a small amount of skill involved with the PvP and raiding. But other than that you could pretty much pwn anyone if you have the best gear.
  • krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175
    If you want to speak of the most powerful class you need mention Warlocks.  Priest are nice, but warlocks are god like and in TBC they're even tougher.

The 1 vs 1 comment couldn't have been more right vs the wsg groups.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• catalepsycatalepsy Member Posts: 5
    If warlocks weren't a strong class in 1vs1, no one would play them, they're extremely boring to play. I barely play mine.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by catalepsy
    The top WSG teams in North America (TAO, Nurfed, etc) usually use 7 or all 8 classes, this is the best proof that PvP is pretty balanced in WoW. The only class that the best teams sometimes stack is warriors, they will use 2 or 3.

If PvP was really unbalanced, you'd see teams stacking 5+ of X class and dominating, that has yet to happen. If you think X class is overpowered, then make your own team, and challenge a good team, you will very likely lose in 12 minutes.

QFT image

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

The top WSG teams in North America (TAO, Nurfed, etc) usually use 7 or all 8 classes, this is the best proof that PvP is pretty balanced in WoW. The only class that the best teams sometimes stack is warriors, they will use 2 or 3.

If PvP was really unbalanced, you'd see teams stacking 5+ of X class and dominating, that has yet to happen. If you think X class is overpowered, then make your own team, and challenge a good team, you will very likely lose in 12 minutes.

That isn't proof at all, that just proves each class can be used in pvp, doesn't mean to say it's balanced. And you are aware PvP is battlegrounds? where the objective isn't straight pvp, it's holding bases or capturing flags. Who is to say for those objectives more than 1 class can't be used fine or for extra efficiency?

Your basic argument is that if each class has a role, or is functional it must therefore be balanced. You suggest WSG as an example, but what about AB, same situation? What about these arenas coming along, are they going to be dominated by certain pairings or groups of 5?

Lastly classes are being tuned in BC with pallies and druids getting some big improvements, why would they be improved if they were already 'balanced'? Why are classes being continually retuned if they're 'balanced'? Why are CC durations being lowered in time for the arenas? Why is orc stun resist being changed from 20 to 10%?

I think if you're going to make a blanket statement that 'things are balanced', you should possibly understand every aspect of the word balance. A more appropiate word which people are using here is 'functional' and there is a key difference.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794
    Your a moron....umm i don't know hwo to play a warrior huh?

Druids-Entangle Moonfire moonfire moonfire moonfire, Entangle moonfire moofire moonfire dead.

Warlocks-fear dot dot dot dot fear spell spell dead

pallies-bubble heal bubble heal bubble heal stun

rouges(good ones)-stunlock

hunters-FD freezing trao run shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot freezing trap

mages-jsut do a shit ton of damage before you even move

priest-same almsot as a warlock

I am horde o sI don't have to worry abotu shaman until Burnign crusade comes out.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• IllisonIllison Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by tu_uilwen
    Your a moron....umm i don't know hwo to play a warrior huh?

Druids-Entangle Moonfire moonfire moonfire moonfire, Entangle moonfire moofire moonfire dead.

Warlocks-fear dot dot dot dot fear spell spell dead

pallies-bubble heal bubble heal bubble heal stun

rouges(good ones)-stunlock

hunters-FD freezing trao run shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot freezing trap

mages-jsut do a shit ton of damage before you even move

priest-same almsot as a warlock

I am horde o sI don't have to worry abotu shaman until Burnign crusade comes out.

If your die as a warrior with a druid moonfire spaming your an idiot, also the druid is a bigger idiot. Warriors are very gear depent so if your running around in valor with crappy weapons and fury spec of course everyone is overpowered. Every class you listed can be killed in less than 10 seconds with awesome weapons or gear, excluding paladins. Paladins are hard to beat as a warrior but  it is very possible. You must use clever combos of intimidating shouts, intercept, and charge.

WoW's pvp is very balanced, but you can never achieve perfect balance in a game where theres so many variables, but blizzard does a good job balancing out the classes.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Originally posted by catalepsy
    The top WSG teams in North America (TAO, Nurfed, etc) usually use 7 or all 8 classes, this is the best proof that PvP is pretty balanced in WoW. The only class that the best teams sometimes stack is warriors, they will use 2 or 3.

I would have to disagree with that.  I've been many WSG premade teams(well enought to grind to rank 13 anyway) and I'll take 5+ druids against any other combo of classes in game any time.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by SmurfMagic
    you just dont know how to play !

There are different classes and you should learn to work with other people and remember its a very dynamic envrionment.
    Think about it real life mmmkay, if you have two people, one with a shoulder fired rocket and the other with a pistol, that is not balanced. BUT, if you have a team of guys with different skills and equipment and know how to work together then ya, its fun and challenging.

Real balance is boring. Like playing PlanetSide, its a very balanced game but its darn boring too.

Even when facing an uber duber 1337 dude with the crazy weapon that few have, its becoms a challenge. Like when SWG was at its prime (cough) and bounty hunters teamed up together and planned strategy to take out a Jedi target. Its all about strategy.

People always say oh WoW is so easy, yeah, its easier to play and that makes it fun, but the people you play with also make it fun ! Some people who play are just selfish and dont really understand how to get into a MMORPG.
    Just look at how Eric, Stan, Kenny and Kyle worked together to defeat that 1337 dude. Thats what im talkin about !

P.S. MORE HOT POCKETS !!!

Like someone posted chances are you have not made it to 60 yet and still enjoying the pre 60 BG where there is no tier 1+ geared.

I posted last year how imbalanced pvp was in this game because its so heavily geared oriented.As time gone by and more and more people got 60 they noticed this as well .

When i posted AV was just new and most have never seen MC and ZG did not exist.Yeah like i said last year lol.

The imbalance i noticed and posted on was from my pvp experienced with my shaman.He was enhancement and had nearly all MC set and finkle's which basically kept him on the top of the food chain then.

I returned to pvp after a couple of months of grinding MC and the difference was plain stupid.Here was i rusty as hell in pvp and i was killing  clothies in one windfury swipe and taking warriors to 30% in single swipes.

Ofc if a whole group ganged on me i died.But is that even balanced pvp?Issue in WoW pvp has always been the game is way too gear oriented,which always causes havoc in pvp.

So yes like you said just like south park you get a whole group to kill one person but really to me that does not show skills but rather the fact that there is a big gap in the way the game functions as regards pvp.

Sorry but once a game relies so heavily on gear you can throw skills in pvp out of the window.

You might find a game like planetside which is more balanced and certainly making more use of skill,more boring but for me i rather have that .

• zollenzollen Member Posts: 351

It seems so many WoW players still don't understand the meaning of "PvP balance". Some of them have a very poor logical thinking too.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    in the end of the day it all depends on skill for example

i on my pally allways win warriors... regardless of gear... but there has been 1 or 2 times where i havnt beaten them 1v1 and they werent the most epiced things in the world, how? its because they have studied and learnt how to kill pallys, i suggest everyone does the same about every class, but still...

there are some classes more overpowered then others, true fact... ask blizzard

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by zollen
    It seems so many WoW players still don't understand the meaning of "PvP balance". Some of them have a very poor logical thinking too.

I find it amazing how everyone cries BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE all the time, gosh, that would make WoW nothing more than everyone being the same cookie cutter set of skills and equipment. Like Planetside but hey, whatever floats your boat. I for one don't care for pure skill based games, I like being rewarded for playing a long time and having uber gear that few people own. I admit, im not at that level yet but I look forward to it and I fear for my life now but thats why I play with my guild mates. image

As for logic, yes I agree and may I also add that some people have very poor ability to understand what they read.

• reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173
    I didn't read all the posts, sorry I'm working on homework and surfing the net at the same time.

But all I can say is that it was every single time that I went up against a rogue with my druid that I lost.  Even rogues that were levels below me.  And it didn't have much to do with equipment I know.  Because some of the fights were friendly ones where we compared equipment afterwords.

I think the fact that a rogue can cloak during battle makes it completely unfair.  I think the rogues in DAoC are a much better setup.

I also noticed that druids were one of the weakest classes there was.  They're cool in PvE, but they suck for PvP.

I also noticed that druids were one of the weakest classes there was.

You'll be pleased to know they are having an improvement in the expansion.

Expand, or will we be deprived of your superior wisdom forever?

As for logic, yes I agree and may I also add that some people have very poor ability to understand what they read.
    Yep I agree I didn't read properly, I thought you were talking about 'balance' but it seems very much like you were rambling on about something completely different. So in answer to your post, yes, I agree teamplay is important.
  • steve_1988steve_1988 Member Posts: 18
    u are the noob pvp is unbalanced at all on this game cuz the game depend on gear..... priest can be same hp as warrior:P
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by Illison
        If your die as a warrior with a druid moonfire spaming your an idiot, also the druid is a bigger idiot. Warriors are very gear depent so if your running around in valor with crappy weapons and fury spec of course everyone is overpowered. Every class you listed can be killed in less than 10 seconds with awesome weapons or gear, excluding paladins. Paladins are hard to beat as a warrior but  it is very possible. You must use clever combos of intimidating shouts, intercept, and charge.

So you win if you use the correct, cookie-cutter build and have better gear than your opponent? Interesting.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

lol

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126

I think the OP posted this as a troll post. Everyone knows that WoW PvP is not balanced, due to gear. A team of all high-end raid epics vs a mix of blues and greens are going to win most every time.

Some MMO's have separate PvP gear just to balance the game. (No, I am not referring to WoW's ranked gear.)

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

There are different classes and you should learn to work with other people and remember its a very dynamic envrionment.
    Think about it real life mmmkay, if you have two people, one with a shoulder fired rocket and the other with a pistol, that is not balanced. BUT, if you have a team of guys with different skills and equipment and know how to work together then ya, its fun and challenging.

Real balance is boring. Like playing PlanetSide, its a very balanced game but its darn boring too.

Even when facing an uber duber 1337 dude with the crazy weapon that few have, its becoms a challenge. Like when SWG was at its prime (cough) and bounty hunters teamed up together and planned strategy to take out a Jedi target. Its all about strategy.

People always say oh WoW is so easy, yeah, its easier to play and that makes it fun, but the people you play with also make it fun ! Some people who play are just selfish and dont really understand how to get into a MMORPG.
    Just look at how Eric, Stan, Kenny and Kyle worked together to defeat that 1337 dude. Thats what im talkin about !

P.S. MORE HOT POCKETS !!!

WOW has PVP?? LMAO

Seriously, if you want to PVP don't play WOW.

Oh, and killing the most overpowered race in SWG was always fun... especially when you were a solo TK/MBH killing guardians, man they would get abusive :)

Bring on darkfall!

• rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151

Wow pvp really is some of the best pvp out there.  Yeah once you hit level 60 you are playing against lifers and that really sucks for the most of us, however playing at other levels like 19,29,39,49,&59 is an excellent pvp experience assuming you stuck it through a couple dungeons and have some blue equipment on.  The experience is unbelievable and the classes really are weighed pretty well.

Eventually me and a couple of my buddies ended up with a good three where we were taking out everything.  It's all about how you work with your friends.  The biggest problem with an mmo is the same as it used to be.  If you find yourself playing by yourself for a very long time, you have to come to terms and realize that this is not healthy to be investing so much time by yourself.  People that are playing this game for hours on end by themselves are blaming the game or even people.  And the people you meet online are not going to be your new friends, you don't know them, they might be able to join you in a couple of raids, but their has to be healthy real life friends that you can say "Remember the time when I blasted the hell out of the paladin". 

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by rmeyer
    Wow pvp
    really is some of the best pvp out there.  Yeah once you hit level
    60 you are playing against lifers and that really sucks for the most of
    us, however playing at other levels like 19,29,39,49,&59 is an
    excellent pvp experience assuming you stuck it through a couple
    dungeons and have some blue equipment on.  The experience is
    unbelievable and the classes really are weighed pretty well.

I have to agree with the fun with a bunch of blue items and not being
    level 60. Just leveling on a new server with a couple blues your more
    powerful than everyone else and I could hold 0 deaths top kills with my
    priest, paladin, warrior and rogue fairly often I mean it was realy
    balanced when my warrior could eat through 4 people with 1 potion
    because I couldn't recognize what gear they had. Or how my paladin with
    a bunch of blues could beat down a warrior without healing himself
    because the warrior didn't have good gear.

Of course as soon as I got to 60 with any character the game sucked for
    me, I ran into premade BG groups and didn't have top of the line gear.