Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you all think?

in4sitin4sit Member Posts: 130

As the server keep droping... Why do you think SOE is still holding on to SWG? Do you think they really think the game will do a turn around and head back to people playing SWG again? Do you think they are going to wait till after x-mas to see how things go? or do you think they will wait till PS3 hits and try and pick up some of them people?... 

I just can't help but look at the game now and wonder how SWG can keep going because it can not be making money.

Been there done that:
Asherons Call,SWG,AOC,D&D,COH,Anarchy Online,DAOC,EVE,Guild Wars,LOTRO,POTBS,WAR,WW2, and Rift

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by in4sit

As the server keep droping... Why do you think SOE is still holding on to SWG? Do you think they really think the game will do a turn around and head back to people playing SWG again? Do you think they are going to wait till after x-mas to see how things go? or do you think they will wait till PS3 hits and try and pick up some of them people?... 
    I just can't help but look at the game now and wonder how SWG can keep going because it can not be making money.

It's already happening ;)

• SplashinSplashin Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Obraik
    As the server keep droping... Why do you think SOE is still holding on to SWG? Do you think they really think the game will do a turn around and head back to people playing SWG again? Do you think they are going to wait till after x-mas to see how things go? or do you think they will wait till PS3 hits and try and pick up some of them people?...  I just can't help but look at the game now and wonder how SWG can keep going because it can not be making money.

And after 21 days they leave again.

• RowleyathepRowleyathep Member Posts: 43

Obraik, I have been reading these forums ever since the NGE hit, and although you are always very polite and never flame anyone, you never actually give any evidence that things are as you say they are, I was willing to even belive you 4 months ago when I re subbed and had a go.

There were not any more ppl on than when I left a wekk after the NGE hit, actually there are less, so I canceled and continued to read, then after another 2 months I read a number of your posts again  and you were saying that the game is getting better and that some bits and bobs from the old system were starting to come back into the game and that agian the population was growing and growing with each passing day.  But yet again I realise that you were not telling the truth. It is simply not true that SWG as it is now is getting better in anyway shape or form, it is also not true that the number of people playing is rising, apart from the rise at big patches or an infux of new trial users that leave after seeing the game as is.

Please do not write things that are not true, I resect you for never flaming ppl, but it has to be said that what you write is usually untrue.  Play the game if you wish, that has nothing to do with me or anyone else, but for god sake stop lieing to yourself and the other ppl that ask questions about SWG as it is now

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I've been back 5 days.
    When I left, I nuked everything so it's as close to a new game as it can get for me. I am a 26 level Jedi in those 5 days. Over powered a bit? Maybe. In the PreCU it was a case of such a grand scale from the weakest AI to the super powerfull elite stuff and when you had the tools and abilities to kill that extreme level of I, you became invincible to a large portion of resource heavy AI at the base level of the game. Now what we have is a system of game play and AI that makes the very engine of SWG force them to OP our characters or make them unplayable. So though we are, just like before it is required to make the game practical. Bottom line, they have fixed nothing. They may just as well have left the system as it was. They wouldn't have the dream numbers but they wouldn't have the bad rep they have now.

In the 5 days I have been back, I can say that this 'NGE' is fun. It's not what I would choose if they had 2 sets of servers. It is still fun but it also may have to do with a feeling of 'home'. if you can have such a thing in a cyber world. While I played many other games in the last year + it never felt like I wsas where I was supposed to be. I don't know what they plan to do. I do know, they have a gold mine in SWG and they know it. They just keep getting coal I know what I would like to see them do, I don't know if they will do it. I have given thier inception a fair shake. I respect the work they put in to it. I appreciate what they wanted from it. Maybe like so many SWG fans, they are running on hope. Hope that this will just happen and it will work out.

I have no silver bullets to offer SOE. Maybe they need to learn there are none and you some times have to grind for years to get what you want.

Originally posted by Rowleyathep

Obraik, I have been reading these forums ever since the NGE hit, and although you are always very polite and never flame anyone, you never actually give any evidence that things are as you say they are, I was willing to even belive you 4 months ago when I re subbed and had a go.

There were not any more ppl on than when I left a wekk after the NGE hit, actually there are less, so I canceled and continued to read, then after another 2 months I read a number of your posts again  and you were saying that the game is getting better and that some bits and bobs from the old system were starting to come back into the game and that agian the population was growing and growing with each passing day.  But yet again I realise that you were not telling the truth. It is simply not true that SWG as it is now is getting better in anyway shape or form, it is also not true that the number of people playing is rising, apart from the rise at big patches or an infux of new trial users that leave after seeing the game as is.

Please do not write things that are not true, I resect you for never flaming ppl, but it has to be said that what you write is usually untrue.  Play the game if you wish, that has nothing to do with me or anyone else, but for god sake stop lieing to yourself and the other ppl that ask questions about SWG as it is now

Whether the game is getting better (or isn't) is a personaly opinion.  A group of people will like what's happening and a group will hate it, it's the same with anything in life.  As for growth, I can only base things on what I see on my server.  I'm quite heavily involved in the community on my server, so maybe I see more people then most do.  Plus I'm one of the more popular Armoursmiths on my server, so I deal with a number of people on a daily basis in game. 

However, this community I'm involved in and the number of people I deal with ARE increasing and there's only one explanation I can think of for that.

• AfroPuffAfroPuff Member Posts: 207

That you are gaining popularity as an Armorsmith?

That there are more people on your server, but they are fleeing other dying servers?

I honestly can't say, but I did want to point out that there could be a few reasons you're seeing what you do that don't beg the question of what magic prevents others from seeing it too.

SWG Team Mtg.

Originally posted by AfroPuff

That you are gaining popularity as an Armorsmith?
    That there are more people on your server, but they are fleeing other dying servers?
    I honestly can't say, but I did want to point out that there could be a few reasons you're seeing what you do that don't beg the question of what magic prevents others from seeing it too.

Plenty of people see it, but it's not something you can just login, look around for 5mins and see it straight away.  Get involved with the Ventrillo servers, faction chat rooms, guilds, etc and then you'll start to see it. 

SWG is like a farming community (which I lived in RL for 18 or so years), the main town is usually pretty empty, but out beyond the town there is quite a bit of activity going on that can't be seen unless you specifically go looking for it.

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

Plenty of people see it, but it's not something you can just login, look around for 5mins and see it straight away.  Get involved with the Ventrillo servers, faction chat rooms, guilds, etc and then you'll start to see it. 

Well, on Bria I have noticed that there are quite a bit more people online than there were the last time I tried it (before the expertise, etc).
    Quite a few of them are server xfers from smaller underpopulated servers. Right now there are a lot trying out their free vet trials. There are some older vets that are popping back up, but it's hard to say how long they will be around.
    I have yet to talk with anyone that enjoys the NGE more than PreNGE..And yes, I bother to ask image

Love, Sodapop

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    With each new expertise system rolled out more players return and new players try the game. I think once all the expertise systems are implemented SOE will bring in a new expansion that will draw even more players.

Originally posted by RainStar
    With each new expertise system rolled out more players return and new players try the game. I think once all the expertise systems are implemented SOE will bring in a new expansion that will draw even more players.

Hopefully they give some of the expertise skills to the NPCs in the game soon after all the professions are done.  Imagine the Stormlord or Vansk with the 10k heal, cloak and saber block :D

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by RainStar

Take Jedi out and add

A Hoth battleground with all the bells and whistles and a Bespin system. Time to move the story onto the Empire Strikes back era. This Empire Divided is worn out and has to much bad blood.

Put in some Black Sun stuff from Shadows of the Empire also.

The games has an huge amount of potential left in it if they would FOCUS on something besides revamping it evey 6 months and the expansions so far are way off the mark.

The key to it being true to the lore is booting the Jedi which aint gonna happen so ..... no sub from me.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    What is the big deal about Jedi being in the game? It's Star Wars and Jedi are going to be in it. If it's about the timeline then forget about it, too many players want stuff added in that has nothing to do with the timeline. The latest is the lack of Halloween presents/events. I don't remember Halloween being celebrated in Star Wars.