Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Eq2 and.....back again?

hi all,

I played WOW for 12 months before deciding to try something new. For the last 5 I've played EQ2....I have a beast of a PC so I can turn all the fancy effects up and really enjoy the eye candy, but you know what? Something's missing....

(1) Atmosphere...there just doesn't seem to be any. The in-game music is terrible and I have to play with it turned off....I fondly remember my first forays into darkshore and the gloom and brooding :)
(2) Community....I was told that the EQ2 community was mature and friendly. Well I have to say that I recently had one of the worst guild-experiences of my life - in short the guild leader actually took to issuing personal threats that were so bad I threatened legal action to her partner unless she stopped. My crime? Making a couple of mistakes on raids and then having the affrontery to point out that we were playing a game and should chill a little and enjoy more.

There are some things that EQ2 twats WOW over the head with....crafting is more detailed and more satisfying, collection quests and guild rewards....but you know what....it seems that if you look past this there's little else left.

I never thought I'd say this but I may come back to WOW....for some good honest to goodness FUN. Sure you can lvl to 60 fast. Sure the end game is a grind (what MMO isn't?).

Thanks for reading thus far....do you think that now would be a good time to come back? What have the changes been like for the last 6 or so months? Many thanks

Comments

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120
    I can totally agree with everything you said.  WoW seems to have alot more life (playability wise) even though I like EQ2.  It did seem quite plain and obviously missing something...  Though the crafting was certainly alot more fulfilling in EQ2.  You should come back!  I havent play WoW for too long, but I enjoy every minute of it!  You certainly should come back for BC! =D