Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easy Money

AwesomeoAwesomeo Member UncommonPosts: 133

Does anyone else feel that getting money in this game is alot more easier, well on nightfall anyway. I wouln't be surprised though seen as you now have to look after your heroes, e.g. buy em weps and armour.

This doesn't cancel out farming but does this mean everyone on the game will be walking around with 15k armour, I prefer to see abit of variety.

I'm only saying this because in the first hour or two of playing nightfall i had 10k i my inventory. I think the new salvage system and the new items to attach to your weps are some of the reason.

I don't know if arena-net see this as a problem or not, i guess i don't, whats wrong with abit more money although i've kinda controdicted my self from what i said earlier on.

Anyway I'm loving the game so far its bloody awesome. image

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Awesomeo
    (...)
    I'm only saying this because in the first hour or two of playing nightfall i had 10k i my inventory. I think the new salvage system and the new items to attach to your weps are some of the reason.
    (...)

How did you manage to get 10k in two hours?
    (Selling good mods to players is the only way I think of since even gold drops on starter isle are worth nothing to npc:s).
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by JelloB2000

(...)
    I'm only saying this because in the first hour or two of playing nightfall i had 10k i my inventory. I think the new salvage system and the new items to attach to your weps are some of the reason.
    (...)

(Selling good mods to players is the only way I think of since even gold drops on starter isle are worth nothing to npc:s).

Farming FoW or even sololing the trolls is possible to get 10k in 2 hours non stop grind.
  • ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Precusor

Originally posted by JelloB2000

(...)
    (...)

Farming FoW or even sololing the trolls is possible to get 10k in 2 hours non stop grind.

Yeah but you don't do those things in the first two hours of Nightfall.

Even to myself I'm a genius

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Factions had a huge flaw: its quests gave a lot of xp so you never lacked skill points, but buying skills after the 20th costs 1k and you didn't have the gold for them, so you had to grind/farm! So, if it really is easier to make money with Nightfall, the change is certainly welcome.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

making money in NF is harder then in factions but easier then in Prophecies. I was  playing factions normally (I don't farm) and always had money for 15k armours and skills..

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

One White Dye drop in the first 2 hours of NF and you'd make 20 to 25 k...haha. Pity mine only droped when it was down to 12k.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I think that us casual gamers will never have enough money for 15k armor... Especially me, because I keep making so many new roleplaying characters that I pay a fortune buying skills.

And wow, Nightfall has added a lot of things to buy.  I now have like 10 heroes per character on my account that need good weapons image  It'll be a while till I have enough gold to buy another set of 15k armor for any of my characters.  Plus all those skills I'll have to buy, because I love to buy all the skills, even when I dont use them image  I'm stupid, I know, but I think there are many others like me.

Ohhhh and most of all, now that it is so easy to change your secondary profession, I know my guild and my friends will be expecting me to be able to run any build that uses my primary professions.  This means buying a hell of a lot of secondary class skills, and going on some fun capping runs.  image  Which is one of my favourite things to do in GW, so I am very happy.

Originally posted by Akaraxle

Factions had a huge flaw: its quests gave a lot of xp so you never lacked skill points, but buying skills after the 20th costs 1k and you didn't have the gold for them, so you had to grind/farm! So, if it really is easier to make money with Nightfall, the change is certainly welcome.

Very very true!

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I'm that type of person too! I like to have everything unlocked...it just feels right lol