Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

John Kerry: U.S. Soldiers Not 'Smart'

1235»

Comments

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352

Originally posted by Draenor

Originally posted by Kootur
    I have always been calm.
    I was letting you know that your opinion was based on information that was at best also opinion and not based what is actually fact.
    Oh and btw the republicans havn't gotten anything done. Nothing good that is, they've gone to war and losing it and have started to spend like drunken sailers. Why do you think theya refered to as the do nothing congress.

Resorting to name calling and cursing is hardly being calm...but if that's what you have to tell yourself then okay.

My opinions about Bush are my own...just because you listen to another radio station that gives you a different opinion about the man doesn't mean that mine are wrong.  I said nothing about his policy making, only about the refusal of the kyoto treaty and the land mine acts...It is commonly known but not accepted by democrats why Bush doesn't accept the Kyoto treaty, that's their opinion, I believe that they are wong, but whatever...as far as the land mine act, I said why I believe he didn't do anything about it...those are the only two policy decisions that I comented on...if you can somehow tell me that my opinion about those is wrong, then go right ahead...but I think that you are just looking for an excuse to lash out at someone that you percieved to like Bush...which I have also shrugged off, because it isn't true.

This is like the second time that I have heard them refered to as the do nothing congress...the first time was a political science teacher who is also a raging liberal..I take stupid little insults like that with a grain of salt.

THey are refered to as the Do-Nothing congress because the 109th congress passed the least amount of legislation in history. Your teacher sounds like she knows what she is talking about.
  • DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Yeah I know why they call it that...It's actually a he...and he's actually pretty smart, at least he is well informed, whether or not I agree with his opinions.  Kinda funny that he likes to call out for "our republicans in the back" to speak when he feels like attempting to make his class more balanced.

What annoys me about him(aside from obvious lefty political leanings) is how he likes to talk about how humble he is...I'm sorry but if someone is humble, then they don't need to tell everyone about it every day.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
     John Kerry said he was for the joke before he was against it. image

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Pancakes anyone?  Maybe some waffles?  Then you can wash it down with some ice cold koolaid.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Originally posted by outfctrl
    Pancakes anyone?  Maybe some waffles?  Then you can wash it down with some ice cold koolaid.

Absolutely, absolutely, do NOT drink the kool aid. First they show'd him the movie Barbarella, then he was wisked off to the bedroom with Jane Fonda, then, when they had him at his least resistance, it was the kool aid....

(c'mon outfctrl, in her day she was hot, you'd have done her too, as long as you could've kept her mouth busy on something besides talking)

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

yea she was....LOL

You're right, I would have

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by Samuraisword
     John Kerry said he was for the joke before he was against it. image

This is the most intelligent and politically astute comment I have seen yet in this thread.
  • bhagamubhagamu Member Posts: 425

Draenor and Kootur, you guys are a mess. I think that this thread should be locked asap.

www.draftgore.com
    Gore '08

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by bhagamu

Draenor and Kootur, you guys are a mess. I think that this thread should be locked asap.

It was past midnight when I posted half of this junk, I was very tired and a little loopy from a long night in my evening writing class...Though I still fervently stand by my post to Lilith's list of reasons to hate Bush.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Originally posted by fizzle322

All rights derive from force.

In his most natural state, man has all rights. A right to kill, murder, steal, do harm to others, anything he wants.

This is called Anarchy.

Enter government. They limit your self-declared "rights" by enforcing rules. No you may not murder. No you may not steal. No you may not harm others.

Why? Because rights derive from force, and the government has more force than you.

Back before awesome military weapons, humans were more free, because the government had a hard time enforcing a total monopoly on force.

A King had a sword, his subjects had pitchforks, on a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, the citizens could assert force against the King and his men.

Now if the average citizen has a rifle, the President has laser guided bombs, nukes, cruise missiles, tanks. On a 2:1 ratio or 3:1 ratio of citizens vs police or citizens vs soldiers, the citizens will always lose.

If 250 million Americans suddenly rose up to overthrow the American government by force, the government would win, and they would assert the right to crack down on dissidents as a matter of national security. Ostensibly any regime change in the United States would need to come about "democratically."

Yet in the 2000 election, more people actually voted for the loser than the winner, but due to certain quirks such as the electoral college, the person with fewer votes was declared the winner.

Technically, %49 of the voters shoved President Bush down the throats of the other %51 and that's what passes as "democratic process."

As far as "common sense"....

Common sense is anything but common.

If you believe strength is the measure of rightness, then anyone who can show that they are stronger than you is your rightful master, and you must obey willingly.

If strength is all that determines rightness, and wrongness, then when the robber takes your wallet by force, he is in the right, and you are in the wrong.

If force determines right, then when someone can force sodomy on you, they have every right to do it, and you have no right to be upset.

Yet, if the brutal truth of what you say is true, why do we even need to bother with this language of, "This is the calling of our time," and, "we want to make the Iraqi people free?"  Why can't we just come out and say, "I have ambitions for Empire, like the tyrants of old?"

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE