Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

John Kerry: U.S. Soldiers Not 'Smart'

Comments

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409
    I say that The Divertor was behind all of this! image
  • daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by fizzle322
    Originally posted by daeandor
    fizzle, you are out of control.  Maybe if you formulated your thoughts into a semi-decipherable manner I would bother to respond to the overwhelming number of fallacies you seem to be supporting.
    You wouldn't know where to begin.

The entire basis of freedom as you know it is a lie.

Countries aren't "free" PERSONS are free.

You have no clue "what I know."  However, I on the other hand, can read based on your previous post's ramblings, that you have based your omnipotent knowledge on some "facts" which are nothing more than fallacies, urban rumours and legends, and scare-monger disinformation.  As far as I am concerned, the entire basis of your opinion is a lie.  It does not matter what I think though, because I already know that you don't care.  Good luck with the whole "everything, everwhere, is a lie and only I know the truth" reasoning in your future endeavors.
  • daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by Draenor
    Originally posted by Beatnik59

Using common sense makes you smart.

I know that it seems like I'm arguing semantics, but something about that particular line just really bothered me...maybe because you built up to it with a bunch of radical assertions that I don't think many people would agree with.

Sometimes, the "man on the spot" has a certain insight into the truth that even the most profound thinkers cannot ascertain.  We are all experts in something.

Be that as it may, freedom and equality are rights that we have by nature, and rights that are unalienable.

We don't need the state to give us rights, nor can our rights be taken by the state.  When states go to war on the basis of "protecting freedom," they make it seem as if the state enables us to be free.  They don't though, because we are free simply because we are human beings, guided by reason, and we'd have the right to be free and equal whether we lived in a democracy, a tyranny, or in anarchy.

Of course, a tyranny doesn't recognize these rights, and uses despotic force.  Yet even though the tyrant doesn't recognize our rights, we still have the rights, and therefore, we have every right to overthrow or disobey those who use despotic power to keep us from being equally free, as free equals, by nature.

And who bestows those rights?  I'm not disagreeing with you...I'm just curious.

OOOh, I see where this is going....

Wait, what would Carnac say?

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Originally posted by Beatnik59

Using common sense makes you smart.

I know that it seems like I'm arguing semantics, but something about that particular line just really bothered me...maybe because you built up to it with a bunch of radical assertions that I don't think many people would agree with.

Sometimes, the "man on the spot" has a certain insight into the truth that even the most profound thinkers cannot ascertain.  We are all experts in something.

Be that as it may, freedom and equality are rights that we have by nature, and rights that are unalienable.

We don't need the state to give us rights, nor can our rights be taken by the state.  When states go to war on the basis of "protecting freedom," they make it seem as if the state enables us to be free.  They don't though, because we are free simply because we are human beings, guided by reason, and we'd have the right to be free and equal whether we lived in a democracy, a tyranny, or in anarchy.

Of course, a tyranny doesn't recognize these rights, and uses despotic force.  Yet even though the tyrant doesn't recognize our rights, we still have the rights, and therefore, we have every right to overthrow or disobey those who use despotic power to keep us from being equally free, as free equals, by nature.

And who bestows those rights?  I'm not disagreeing with you...I'm just curious.

Some would say God, and others would say that nobody "bestows" these natural rights, they are simply an inherent quality within human beings as a result of their consciousness.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723

All rights derive from force.

In his most natural state, man has all rights. A right to kill, murder, steal, do harm to others, anything he wants.

This is called Anarchy.

Enter government. They limit your self-declared "rights" by enforcing rules. No you may not murder. No you may not steal. No you may not harm others.

Why? Because rights derive from force, and the government has more force than you.

Back before awesome military weapons, humans were more free, because the government had a hard time enforcing a total monopoly on force.

A King had a sword, his subjects had pitchforks, on a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, the citizens could assert force against the King and his men.

Now if the average citizen has a rifle, the President has laser guided bombs, nukes, cruise missiles, tanks. On a 2:1 ratio or 3:1 ratio of citizens vs police or citizens vs soldiers, the citizens will always lose.

If 250 million Americans suddenly rose up to overthrow the American government by force, the government would win, and they would assert the right to crack down on dissidents as a matter of national security. Ostensibly any regime change in the United States would need to come about "democratically."

Yet in the 2000 election, more people actually voted for the loser than the winner, but due to certain quirks such as the electoral college, the person with fewer votes was declared the winner.

Technically, %49 of the voters shoved President Bush down the throats of the other %51 and that's what passes as "democratic process."

As far as "common sense"....

Common sense is anything but common.
  • DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Why do you morons say that Bush is a bad president? Granted he's not perfect but he's a helluva alot better than that Clinton guy.

1. President Bush saved the economy despite the worst attack on American soil and the worst recorded natural disaster. Not only did he save the economy but it has progressed in robust fashion and it's breaking records.

2. Unemployment is at an all time low.

3. Home ownership is at an all time high.

4. The Dow Jones Industrial average has recently set a new all high record.

5. The Taliban was disbanded in Afghanistan thus freeing a nation that was being brutalized.

6. Backed by over 40 nations, he removed Saddam by enforcing the UN's resolutions.

7. No terrorists attacks since 9/11. Despite Al Qadea's numerous attempts.

8. Two thirds of Al Qadea is either dead or in prison. Bin Laden is on the run and hiding in a cave.

9. Thanks to the enforcement of the UN resolutions by Bush, Libya admits that they also have a WMD

program and pledge to dismantle it.

10. Bush helped with the introduction of 7 new nations to the NATO alliance. 

11. Tax cuts for working class people.

12. I can go on and on and on.

Now you critics can complain about the Iraq war all you want. For starters it's not an "illegal" war. Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions. Bush, along with over 40 other nations, simply enforced them. So it was very legal. This war is a nasty one thats for sure. But it's a necessary one.

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by Darktania
      Why do you morons say that Bush is a bad president? Granted he's not perfect but he's a helluva alot better than that Clinton guy.    1. President Bush saved the economy despite the worst attack on American soil and the worst recorded natural disaster. Not only did he save the economy but it has progressed in robust fashion and it's breaking records.  2. Unemployment is at an all time low.  3. Home ownership is at an all time high.  4. The Dow Jones Industrial average has recently set a new all high record.  5. The Taliban was disbanded in Afghanistan thus freeing a nation that was being brutalized.  6. Backed by over 40 nations, he removed Saddam by enforcing the UN's resolutions.  7. No terrorists attacks since 9/11. Despite Al Qadea's numerous attempts.  8. Two thirds of Al Qadea is either dead or in prison. Bin Laden is on the run and hiding in a cave.  9. Thanks to the enforcement of the UN resolutions by Bush, Libya admits that they also have a WMD      program and pledge to dismantle it. 10. Bush helped with the introduction of 7 new nations to the NATO alliance.  11. Tax cuts for working class people. 12. I can go on and on and on.    Now you critics can complain about the Iraq war all you want. For starters it's not an "illegal" war. Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions. Bush, along with over 40 other nations, simply enforced them. So it was very legal. This war is a nasty one thats for sure. But it's a necessary one.
    And here's several reasons Bush is a worse president than Clinton. And I hated Clinton. :D
    1. He cut a half a BILLION dollars from the Environmental Protection Agency'
      s budget. Who needs to look after the environment when there's all that oil drilling
      going on?
    2. He approved a bill that denies financial aid to students convicted of misdemeanor
      drug charges (though convicted murderers are still eligible for financial aid).
    3. He recently sent a delegation to the UN children' s summit to declare that
      the use of condoms is not a valid way to fight AIDS and that abstinence is the
      only solution. This is the view shared by some other countries such as Iran, Iraq,
      Sudan, Libya, Syria, and the Vatican. It seems that his policy of, "No child
      shall be left behind" has a whole new meaning.

4. He wouldn't sign the Kyoto Protocol agreement on global warming, which was
      ultimately signed by 178 other countries. He also told the entire European community
      that he would listen to their arguments, but he would not change his mind, effectively
      treating Europe like an 8 year old child. This may have something to do with why
      most of the world hates the US.

5. He rejected an international accord to enforce the 1972 treaty banning germ
      warfare. Of course that would mean that the US would have to stop producing biological
      agents too.

6. And talk about the fox watching over the hen house, he nominated former mining
      company executive Dan Lauriski as Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety
      and Health.

7. He allocated only 3% of the amount requested by Justice Department lawyers
      in the governments continued litigation against tobacco companies.

8. He prohibited any financial aid from going to international family planning
      organizations that provide abortion counseling, referrals, or services with their
      own funds.

9. He provided every member of the Bin Laden family living in the U.S. a chartered
      plane shortly after 9/11 to fly back home to Saudi Arabia without questioning
      them. One of GW' s first petroleum venture was partnered with the Bin Laden family
      and George Sr. has been getting filthy rich selling defense contracts to the Bin
      Ladens. These are just some examples of the many ties the Bush family has with
      the Bin Ladens.

10. He officially withdrew from the 1972 Antiballistic Missile Treaty, gutting
      the landmark agreement-the first time in the nuclear era that the US renounced
      a major arms control accord.

11. Refused to join 123 nations pledged to ban the use and production of anti-personnel
      bombs and mines, February 2001

12. September 2001: withdrew from International Conference on Racism, bringing
      together 163 countries in Durban, South Africa

13. Over the past 10 years, the US prison population has more than doubled. This
      is mainly due to unfair three strikes laws, and harsher drug penalties. OK so
      maybe W. wasn' t behind this one, but the Republicans are.

14. International Plan for Cleaner Energy: G-8 group of industrial nations (US,
      Canada, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, UK), July 2001: the US was the
      only one to oppose it.

15. George replied, "Ken who?" when asked about his relationship with
      Kenneth Lay, the CEO of Enron, during the federal bankruptcy hearings. This was
      after Enron gave him their company jet to use for his presidential campaign. George
      and Kenny were such good friends that Ken was actually seen giving wedgies to
      the president in the oval office. Yet he still replied, "Ken who?"
    And here's 40 more reasons: http://punkvoter.com/images/dls/FLYER-40reasons.pdf copy and paste people!

Sorry, there's nothing anyone can say to make me like Bush.
    Do I support our troops? Of course, I plan on becomming one in less than a year after all.
    Do I support the things he does and says? Fuck no.
    Do I love America? Of course.
    Do I support my rights being taken away? Fuck no.

:D The end.

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by Darktania

4. The Dow Jones Industrial average has recently set a new all high record.  Why do you morons say that Bush is a bad president? Granted he's not perfect but he's a helluva alot better than that Clinton guy.    1. President Bush saved the economy despite the worst attack on American soil and the worst recorded natural disaster. Not only did he save the economy but it has progressed in robust fashion and it's breaking records.  2. Unemployment is at an all time low. 3. Home ownership is at an all time high.4. The Dow Jones Industrial average has recently set a new all high record.  7. No terrorists attacks since 9/11. Despite Al Qadea's numerous attempts.  8. Two thirds of Al Qadea is either dead or in prison. Bin Laden is on the run and hiding in a cave. 12. I can go on and on and on.
    1. Or people in our country have become so self-centered, we forget about things like 9/11 as soon as the iPod hits the market. Most people remember it once a year, and the rest is spent watching youtube, drinking coca cola, pissing around with the SUV's satellite radio, while talking on the cell phones and drinking our Starbucks coffe on the way to our jobs. Greed saved our economy.

2. Not really sure if I'd disagree or not. I know where I live, I've rarely seen homeless people. But I just noticed three days ago that I see them a lot now. I think I've seen more in my city in the past three months, than in the rest of my 34 years. But I admit, I don't know what it's like in other cities.

3. I'd hope so, we just passed the 300, 000 000 mark for population. Of course home ownership is at an all time high, there's more people. Kindergarten math.

4. See number 1.

7. Yet. It's more costly and less effective to attack our country. We'll stop caring a week later anyway.

8. I think that would sort of be a hard thing to prove. Maybe they just moved and are regrouping, making vests. Bin Laden is sitting in a private resort in Pakistan. Doesn't need to run if we forgot about him anyway.  Maybe it's true, I'm just a skeptical person in general.

12.You could go on and on, but we'd be too busy pissing around with our BlackBerries to care.

No war is necessary. We believe it is because God and Allah came and ripped the world apart.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by LilithIshtar

And here's several reasons Bush is a worse president than Clinton. And I hated Clinton. :D

1. He cut a half a BILLION dollars from the Environmental Protection Agency' s budget. Who needs to look after the environment when there's all that oil drilling going on?

Good...they weren't getting anything done anyway, and half a billion dollars really isn't that much money in the grand scheme of federal government.

1. He approved a bill that denies financial aid to students convicted of misdemeanor drug charges (though convicted murderers are still eligible for financial aid).

Good...except for the convicted murderers thing, but the incosistancy doesn't seem to be your problem

1. He recently sent a delegation to the UN children' s summit to declare that the use of condoms is not a valid way to fight AIDS and that abstinence is the only solution. This is the view shared by some other countries such as Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Syria, and the Vatican. It seems that his policy of, "No child shall be left behind" has a whole new meaning.

He's right...condoms are not reliable enough to prevent the spread of aids...they malfunction all the time...abstinence IS the only way to completely halt the spread of AIDS via sexual transfusion.

1. He wouldn't sign the Kyoto Protocol agreement on global warming, which was ultimately signed by 178 other countries. He also told the entire European community that he would listen to their arguments, but he would not change his mind, effectively treating Europe like an 8 year old child. This may have something to do with why most of the world hates the US.

Good...The Kyoto Treaty is a bunch of bullshit anyway, I'll accept it when it has sound science behind it, not when it's going to cost a nation billions of dollars on experimental "science"

1. He rejected an international accord to enforce the 1972 treaty banning germ warfare. Of course that would mean that the US would have to stop producing biological agents too.

The Treaty is already in place and the United States doesn't use biological weapons, we don't need to...there is no reason for him to do this anyway.

1. And talk about the fox watching over the hen house, he nominated former mining company executive Dan Lauriski as Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health.

God forbid he nominates someone who has experience in the field?  What the hell is your problem with him hiring someone who knows what they are doing?? 

1. He allocated only 3% of the amount requested by Justice Department lawyers in the governments continued litigation against tobacco companies.

Good...He is respecting our capitalist government...these politics that get on a high horse about stopping big tobacco sicken me...tobacco companies have every right to sell their products, just like alcohol companies do.  I'm not even a smoker and all of these increased laws against tobacco companies piss me off.

1. He prohibited any financial aid from going to international family planning organizations that provide abortion counseling, referrals, or services with their own funds.

He is against abortion, of course he did this...does this surprise you?  He sticks by what he believes, God forbid.

1. He provided every member of the Bin Laden family living in the U.S. a chartered plane shortly after 9/11 to fly back home to Saudi Arabia without questioning them. One of GW' s first petroleum venture was partnered with the Bin Laden family and George Sr. has been getting filthy rich selling defense contracts to the Bin Ladens. These are just some examples of the many ties the Bush family has with the Bin Ladens.

And if he hadn't given them a plane back people would have declared a civil rights violation and you would be bitching about that.

1. He officially withdrew from the 1972 Antiballistic Missile Treaty, gutting the landmark agreement-the first time in the nuclear era that the US renounced a major arms control accord.

He withdrew us from an obsolete treaty with people who are still clearly out enemies?  Say it isn't so!

1. Refused to join 123 nations pledged to ban the use and production of anti-personnel bombs and mines, February 2001

The use of anti personnel mines and bombs is against international law anyway and the United States doesn't use them either...so he didn't go to one stupid meeting, OH NO

1. September 2001: withdrew from International Conference on Racism, bringing together 163 countries in Durban, South Africa

Again, he didn't make it to every meeting that you think he should be making it to...how dare he right?  He's the president, he has other things to do.

1. Over the past 10 years, the US prison population has more than doubled. This is mainly due to unfair three strikes laws, and harsher drug penalties. OK so maybe W. wasn' t behind this one, but the Republicans are.

Unfair three strike laws?  Are you serious?  Oh the evil republicans are at it again!  Locking up criminals for breaking the law!! how dare they!!

1. International Plan for Cleaner Energy: G-8 group of industrial nations (US, Canada, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, UK), July 2001: the US was the only one to oppose it.

Perhaps the US had a reason for opposing it?  Perhaps it was like the Kyoto treaty which would put stipulations on the United States that would require increased spending that we wouldn't be able to afford, nor would we want to?

1. George replied, "Ken who?" when asked about his relationship with Kenneth Lay, the CEO of Enron, during the federal bankruptcy hearings. This was after Enron gave him their company jet to use for his presidential campaign. George and Kenny were such good friends that Ken was actually seen giving wedgies to the president in the oval office. Yet he still replied, "Ken who?"

Because nobody ever has a lapse of conscious, it has to be that he had maliscious intent when he said "Ken who?"  Give me a break, how is this a reason to hate the man?

It is the mark of an imature mind to listen to a thought but be unwilling to entertain it.

Do I support our troops? Of course, I plan on becomming one in less than a year after all.

Maybe it will give you some perspective.

Nobody supports everything he does and says, but not everyone looks for reasons to hate the man and then sites them as if they are all concrete 100% fool proof reasons for hatred.

yay?

Me neither, which is why I fully support your right to cite why you hate the man, it gives me something to do at 10pm, thus supporting my right as well.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352

Its funny how the cons on this thread always defend bush and try to spin the numbers to try and prove some kind of point that hes actually not a failure. The fact of the matter is under bush the economy has remained the same as it was under clinton. Clinton was the one that grew the economy by 180% and had the largest Quality of Life increase since WW2.

Lets also not forget the failure of Iraq and the shear stupidity of his domestic policy. But don't take my word for it Bush is the only prez to have have an approval rating of less thatn 37% for more than a year. Right now he's at 35% that pretty lousy.

Also what kerry said really is a non-issue hes not running for anything and the Dem will take the house and senate easily. It will be a blow-out, thats why people are pushing this as something its not.

And really who wouldn't want them to retake the house. Its obvious the reps can't get anything done and run a brocken government.

Originally posted by LilithIshtar

He cut a half a BILLION dollars from the Environmental Protection Agency' s budget. Who needs to look after the environment when there's all that oil drilling going on?
    Good...they weren't getting anything done anyway, and half a billion dollars really isn't that much money in the grand scheme of federal government.

He approved a bill that denies financial aid to students convicted of misdemeanor drug charges (though convicted murderers are still eligible for financial aid).
    Good...except for the convicted murderers thing, but the incosistancy doesn't seem to be your problem

He recently sent a delegation to the UN children' s summit to declare that the use of condoms is not a valid way to fight AIDS and that abstinence is the only solution. This is the view shared by some other countries such as Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Syria, and the Vatican. It seems that his policy of, "No child shall be left behind" has a whole new meaning.
    He's right...condoms are not reliable enough to prevent the spread of aids...they malfunction all the time...abstinence IS the only way to completely halt the spread of AIDS via sexual transfusion.

He wouldn't sign the Kyoto Protocol agreement on global warming, which was ultimately signed by 178 other countries. He also told the entire European community that he would listen to their arguments, but he would not change his mind, effectively treating Europe like an 8 year old child. This may have something to do with why most of the world hates the US.

Good...The Kyoto Treaty is a bunch of bullshit anyway, I'll accept it when it has sound science behind it, not when it's going to cost a nation billions of dollars on experimental "science"

He rejected an international accord to enforce the 1972 treaty banning germ warfare. Of course that would mean that the US would have to stop producing biological agents too.
    The Treaty is already in place and the United States doesn't use biological weapons, we don't need to...there is no reason for him to do this anyway.

And talk about the fox watching over the hen house, he nominated former mining company executive Dan Lauriski as Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health.

God forbid he nominates someone who has experience in the field?  What the hell is your problem with him hiring someone who knows what they are doing?? 

He allocated only 3% of the amount requested by Justice Department lawyers in the governments continued litigation against tobacco companies.

Good...He is respecting our capitalist government...these politics that get on a high horse about stopping big tobacco sicken me...tobacco companies have every right to sell their products, just like alcohol companies do.  I'm not even a smoker and all of these increased laws against tobacco companies piss me off.

He prohibited any financial aid from going to international family planning organizations that provide abortion counseling, referrals, or services with their own funds.

He is against abortion, of course he did this...does this surprise you?  He sticks by what he believes, God forbid.

He provided every member of the Bin Laden family living in the U.S. a chartered plane shortly after 9/11 to fly back home to Saudi Arabia without questioning them. One of GW' s first petroleum venture was partnered with the Bin Laden family and George Sr. has been getting filthy rich selling defense contracts to the Bin Ladens. These are just some examples of the many ties the Bush family has with the Bin Ladens.

And if he hadn't given them a plane back people would have declared a civil rights violation and you would be bitching about that.

He officially withdrew from the 1972 Antiballistic Missile Treaty, gutting the landmark agreement-the first time in the nuclear era that the US renounced a major arms control accord.

He withdrew us from an obsolete treaty with people who are still clearly out enemies?  Say it isn't so!

Refused to join 123 nations pledged to ban the use and production of anti-personnel bombs and mines, February 2001

The use of anti personnel mines and bombs is against international law anyway and the United States doesn't use them either...so he didn't go to one stupid meeting, OH NO

September 2001: withdrew from International Conference on Racism, bringing together 163 countries in Durban, South Africa
    Again, he didn't make it to every meeting that you think he should be making it to...how dare he right?  He's the president, he has other things to do.

Over the past 10 years, the US prison population has more than doubled. This is mainly due to unfair three strikes laws, and harsher drug penalties. OK so maybe W. wasn' t behind this one, but the Republicans are.

Unfair three strike laws?  Are you serious?  Oh the evil republicans are at it again!  Locking up criminals for breaking the law!! how dare they!!

International Plan for Cleaner Energy: G-8 group of industrial nations (US, Canada, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, UK), July 2001: the US was the only one to oppose it.

Perhaps the US had a reason for opposing it?  Perhaps it was like the Kyoto treaty which would put stipulations on the United States that would require increased spending that we wouldn't be able to afford, nor would we want to?

George replied, "Ken who?" when asked about his relationship with Kenneth Lay, the CEO of Enron, during the federal bankruptcy hearings. This was after Enron gave him their company jet to use for his presidential campaign. George and Kenny were such good friends that Ken was actually seen giving wedgies to the president in the oval office. Yet he still replied, "Ken who?"
    Because nobody ever has a lapse of conscious, it has to be that he had maliscious intent when he said "Ken who?"  Give me a break, how is this a reason to hate the man?

It is the mark of an imature mind to listen to a thought but be unwilling to entertain it.

Maybe it will give you some perspective.

Nobody supports everything he does and says, but not everyone looks for reasons to hate the man and then sites them as if they are all concrete 100% fool proof reasons for hatred.
    yay?

Me neither, which is why I fully support your right to cite why you hate the man, it gives me something to do at 10pm, thus supporting my right as well.

Its sad you are so short-sighted and don't understand what really is going on in this country.

Originally posted by Kootur

Its funny how the cons on this thread always defend bush and try to spin the numbers to try and prove some kind of point that hes actually not a failure. The fact of the matter is under bush the economy has remained the same as it was under clinton. Clinton was the one that grew the economy by 180% and had the largest Quality of Life increase since WW2.
    Lets also not forget the failure of Iraq and the shear stupidity of his domestic policy. But don't take my word for it Bush is the only prez to have have an approval rating of less thatn 37% for more than a year. Right now he's at 35% that pretty lousy.
    Also what kerry said really is a non-issue hes not running for anything and the Dem will take the house and senate easily. It will be a blow-out, thats why people are pushing this as something its not.
    And really who wouldn't want them to retake the house. Its obvious the reps can't get anything done and run a brocken government.

I swear, you people worship Clinton like a God...Clinton balanced the budget by cutting important programs and decreasing spending in areas that actually mattered...yay for him.

Your 35% approval rating is a bullshit number, even the lowest of approval ratings polls have him sitting at over 40%

I hope that the democrats win everything, then, if the country doesn't come to an end because of their massive incompitence, America will remember why democrats hardly ever stay in office for more than four years.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by shamall

Well to me this seems as if republicans were looking for anything they could get on the democrats and they took this and ran with it. I do not for one second think that Kerry intentionally ment that our soldiers in Iraq are stupid yet the way he said what he said was poorly worded. And of coarse now everyone is saying all over the news that Kerry said our troops are not smart and it all getting blown out of porportion and everyone and their mom are jumping on the Kerry bashing bandwagon. I wish people would stop and use their brain just for a few seconds.
    god politics is so freaking stupid

They are looking for anything they can grab on. Dems are leader in 25 races in house they only need 15 races and the ones they are winning in are by a 10% margin or MORE! Its pretty much theirs, the senate is different but the lates show that they are winning the 6 they need by a healthy margin.

Its sad you are so short-sighted and don't understand what really is going on in this country.

It's sad that you believe that you do...but then again, you think Clinton was a great president...so that pretty much says it all right there.

I swear, you people worship Clinton like a God...Clinton balanced the budget by cutting important programs and decreasing spending in areas that actually mattered...yay for him.

Your 35% approval rating is a bullshit number, even the lowest of approval ratings polls have him sitting at over 40%

I hope that the democrats win everything, then, if the country doesn't come to an end because of their massive incompitence, America will remember why democrats hardly ever stay in office for more than four years.

God you are such a fool. GO to polling report.com and see for yourself most polls have him at 35 to 37 dumbass.
    Btw you know nothing of what clinton did. Just whatever your parents tell you.

The last 6 years have shown how pathetic the repugs are the massive corruption the spending the down right stupidity. Thats why they are going to be ousted next week and I know you want them to win but too bad. The peopel are sick of their foolishness.

It's sad that you believe that you do...but then again, you think Clinton was a great president...so that pretty much says it all right there.

He was the figures prove it and 60% of the country thinks soo too. Its just your own political jelousy that keep you from seeing it too.

But what do you know your just another bush apologist. Btw how iraq going? I hear its a real BOMB!

God you are such a fool. GO to polling report.com and see for yourself most polls have him at 35 to 37 dumbass.

The last 6 years have shown how pathetic the repugs are the massive corruption the spending the down right stupidity. Thats why they are going to be ousted next week and I know you want them to win but too bad. The peopel are sick of their foolishness.

It took you less than two posts to start cussing and ranting...congrats...you are indeed the tolerant and compassionate left wing that I have heard so much about...you're right, I listen to whatever my parents tell me, I watch Fox News and repeat everything that I hear from Bill O Riley...I am unable to think for myself and have to have all of my news spoon fed to me by someone from a right wing news station.

Even if that were the case, attacking my source of information really does nothing to prove your own argument...even if it were true it wouldn't change anything.

Humorous that you would talk about "repug corruption"  though...They are politicians buddy...they are all corrupt, they are all ass holes, and they will do and say anything that will get them elected, get off of your high horse.

It took you less than two posts to start cussing and ranting...congrats...you are indeed the tolerant and compassionate left wing that I have heard so much about...you're right, I listen to whatever my parents tell me, I watch Fox News and repeat everything that I hear from Bill O Riley...I am unable to think for myself and have to have all of my news spoon fed to me by someone from a right wing news station.

Even if that were the case, attacking my source of information really does nothing to prove your own argument...even if it were true it wouldn't change anything.

Humorous that you would talk about "repug corruption"  though...They are politicians buddy...they are all corrupt, they are all ass holes, and they will do and say anything that will get them elected, get off of your high horse.

Waa waa waa change the subject alright.

Its figure you watch fox news, that explains why you are so un-informed. Attack your source does not prove your argument.

I get the feeling you don't even know what your are talking about.

BTW 15 Republican congressmen have been indicited on corruption or have been forced to resign only 1 dem has.

The number don't lie.

He was the figures prove it and 60% of the country thinks soo too. Its just your own political jelousy that keep you from seeing it too.

But what do you know your just another bush apologist. Btw how iraq going? I hear its a real BOMB!

You're right...a lot of people think that Clinton was a good president...a lot of people also believe in the Big Bang theory, something that has very little actual fact behind it.

I'm hardly a Bush apologist...good job making assumptions though, you know nothing about how I feel about Bush.  Just because I made a post defending him from the rantings of some 17 year old who copied and pasted a bunch of facts about Bush's policy means that I am a Bush apologist now?  I hate the war in Iraq, I think it's a huge mess...were you expecting that?  Of course you weren't...you think you are so god damned smart that you can just predict all of my responses because I am just some ignorant 19 year old who watches Fox News and thinks Rush Limbaugh is a God.

You really do perpetuate my belief that liberals are simply a group of people who want everyone to think the way they do, and if you don't, then you are just stupid...You are such a hypocritical blemish on your own political philosophy.

Oh and btw I was attacking your arguments. You need to grow a thicker skin, when you spread misinformation, people will call you out on it.

Its figure you watch fox news, that explains why you are so un-informed. Attack your source does not prove your argument.
    BTW 15 Republican congressmen have been indicited on corruption or have been forced to resign only 1 dem has.
    The number don't lie.

I changed the subject to the credability of my sources because you attacked the credability of my sources, read your own post friend...you went there before I did.

I don't watch Fox News, I don't watch any televised news...stop making idiotic assumptions just because I don't agree with you and Fox tends to swing to the right.

I get the feeling that you are a liberal who wants to perpetuate my stereotype that liberals like to berade people who disagree with them...grats?

Okay buddy, you got me there...more republicans have been indicted for corruption than democrats...so democrats are just better at lying... you are honestly sitting there and telling me that the democrats aren't equally as corrupt as the republicans?  You want to call me a Bush apologist, I think that you are a democrat apologist.

The number don't lie.

I changed the subject to the credability of my sources because you attacked the credability of my sources, read your own post friend...you went there before I did.

I don't watch Fox News, I don't watch any televised news...stop making idiotic assumptions just because I don't agree with you and Fox tends to swing to the right.

I get the feeling that you are a liberal who wants to perpetuate my stereotype that liberals like to berade people who disagree with them...grats?

Okay buddy, you got me there...more republicans have been indicted for corruption than democrats...so democrats are just better at lying... you are honestly sitting there and telling me that the democrats aren't equally as corrupt as the republicans?  You want to call me a Bush apologist, I think that you are a democrat apologist.

I was attacking your sources because you were stating things that were flat out wrong.

I get the feeling your a conservative you just want to believe his side is right and always right no-matter what is said to prove otherwise.

Both parties are bad its just become painfully obvious over the past 6 years which one is not as bad as the other.

I was attacking your sources because you were stating things that were flat out wrong.
    I get the feeling your a conservative you just want to believe his side is right and always right no-matter what is said to prove otherwise.
    Both parties are bad its just become painfully obvious over the past 6 years which one is not as bad as the other.

That's good, you have calmed down.

What I said in my intial post couldn't have been flat out wrong because what I said in my intial post was nothing but opinion, and I havn't given any hard figures over the course of any of my posts...so what you are telling me is that my opinions are wrong...that's not very tolerant of you now is it?

I get the feeling that you are are a Bush hater and would say anything and believe anything that attacks his character in the slightest..my emotion for bush is far from love...I am a social and fiscal conservative...does that mean I like Bush?  No...but when someone posts a list of facts that have no context and just says "this is why Bush is bad, don't do any thinking please"  I respond.

Both parties are a bunch of corrupt ass holes, I already said that...you want to believe that democrats are any better then that's your deal, but once they all get elected the nation will realize that they are equally corrupt, and will vote republicans back into office...why?  Because whether you agree with the republicans or not, at least they get things done.

That's good, you have calmed down.

What I said in my intial post couldn't have been flat out wrong because what I said in my intial post was nothing but opinion, and I havn't given any hard figures over the course of any of my posts...so what you are telling me is that my opinions are wrong...that's not very tolerant of you now is it?

I get the feeling that you are are a Bush hater and would say anything and believe anything that attacks his character in the slightest..my emotion for bush is far from love...I am a social and fiscal conservative...does that mean I like Bush?  No...but when someone posts a list of facts that have no context and just says "this is why Bush is bad, don't do any thinking please"  I respond.

Both parties are a bunch of corrupt ass holes, I already said that...you want to believe that democrats are any better then that's your deal, but once they all get elected the nation will realize that they are equally corrupt, and will vote republicans back into office...why?  Because whether you agree with the republicans or not, at least they get things done.

I have always been calm.

I was letting you know that your opinion was based on information that was at best also opinion and not based what is actually fact.

Oh and btw the republicans havn't gotten anything done. Nothing good that is, they've gone to war and losing it and have started to spend like drunken sailers. Why do you think theya refered to as the do nothing congress.

I have always been calm.
    I was letting you know that your opinion was based on information that was at best also opinion and not based what is actually fact.
    Oh and btw the republicans havn't gotten anything done. Nothing good that is, they've gone to war and losing it and have started to spend like drunken sailers. Why do you think theya refered to as the do nothing congress.

Resorting to name calling and cursing is hardly being calm...but if that's what you have to tell yourself then okay.

My opinions about Bush are my own...just because you listen to another radio station that gives you a different opinion about the man doesn't mean that mine are wrong.  I said nothing about his policy making, only about the refusal of the kyoto treaty and the land mine acts...It is commonly known but not accepted by democrats why Bush doesn't accept the Kyoto treaty, that's their opinion, I believe that they are wong, but whatever...as far as the land mine act, I said why I believe he didn't do anything about it...those are the only two policy decisions that I comented on...if you can somehow tell me that my opinion about those is wrong, then go right ahead...but I think that you are just looking for an excuse to lash out at someone that you percieved to like Bush...which I have also shrugged off, because it isn't true.

This is like the second time that I have heard them refered to as the do nothing congress...the first time was a political science teacher who is also a raging liberal..I take stupid little insults like that with a grain of salt.