Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why can't they just up the graphics?

Alucard44Alucard44 Member UncommonPosts: 5
Games like Everquest 1 and WWII Online have dramatically improved their graphics over the years, why can't AO do the same? It would definitely get more people to play. Infact, the only problem that I see with AO that keeps me from playing it are the horrible graphics.

Comments

• CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233
    Belive it will get a major graphic upgrade with Lost eden,not that i can confirm it,just what the jungle telegraph have told meimage
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Prior to the free trial, they did not have the money for the required software and hardware updates,

With the money from the froob ads coming in, they used it on the development of other games instead.

With The Longest Journey now released and earning its own revenue, and Age of Conan past the biggest money sucking stage, they are now working on updating the graphics in the Lost Eden expansion.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314

Originally posted by Alucard44
    Games like Everquest 1 and WWII Online have dramatically improved their graphics over the years, why can't AO do the same? It would definitely get more people to play. Infact, the only problem that I see with AO that keeps me from playing it are the horrible graphics.
    Anarchy Online was my best experience with any mmo! Granted the graphics are a bit out of date seeing how it came out 5 years ago, but it was the first time I saw a GM manipulate the skies, produced a space ship to come down out of the sky to drop some GM npc's in Mort and kill 10 people in front of me! That was way before any of the expansion....that experience was just simply awesome!