Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shameful but funny display of "try my game"

So let's see... my website is here:  Homepage

My silly attempts at drawing attention to my game are here:
 Too sexy!
 Can't touch this!

Yes I realize that all this is very shamefull & that the graphics are dated.  But heck, what's a Slurpy to do?

The only advertisement are some google adz on the forum and the play-now page.  I think it's not too much.  Of course I don't get "very much" in ad revenue, but it helps pay for the laundry detergent, and who can live without laundry detergent?

I think the best features about the game are.
Hmm...

The best features are...

Oh, I don't know.  Definately not the graphics, though.  image

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

After taking a closer look at the game, its obvious that the man behind this game is dedicated, and has a lot of passion for the game. Just for that I'm willing to give the game a fair shot.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I like the fact that he comes here with a sense of humor instead of the usual "I am a god who has reinvented the wheel and created a new form of fire!" attitude most dev companies, big or small, seem to come with nowadays. I'll check it out.::::20::

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Originally posted by Zorvan

Zorvan I have a question about your sig: Why the hell does Ghost Rider have a mace in his hand?

I read the comics for a while and never remembered a mace....

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

Originally posted by Zorvan

Zorvan I have a question about your sig: Why the hell does Ghost Rider have a mace in his hand?

I read the comics for a while and never remembered a mace....

Sometimes ya just use whatevers at hand? Heh heh. Really, I don't know, it just looked cool. But he has been known to use whatever he can find in the environment, so I figure that's gotta be it.::::02::

Edit: are these better?::::01::

• SlurpySlurpy Member Posts: 8

Hey thank you guys!  I'm so happy to hear something positive from an outside group.  Well -- at least not negative image

Someone else from Wulfram posted about the game on another site, and the people where taking the homepage quotes seriously.  You know where I say "The bestest game ever".  They're like "uhhh -- the duude that owns the game is touting his own game and tha't cheezy.

It was meant as a joke, but I guess it doesn't come through to everyone like that.  Maybe I should change it.

I'm probably going to change a few things about the home page.  I guess most people that look at the website would first want to see some screenshots and maybe a video about the game -- and only then try to download it.

Right now the home page is kid of trying to get people to just download the game.  That's probably something no one will do straight off.  So I should re-design it a bit.  Get people to watch a video about the game and the developer introducing the game?

Hmm.  Anyhow, I'm just happy that perfect strangers are willing to give it a shot.  I'm thrilled.

Thanks! image

• Tinkerbellw2Tinkerbellw2 Member Posts: 9

Slurpy is very dedicated to his game... he promotes a fun and great community.
    I'm a long time gamer of his game, Wulfram2, and I refuse to play any other game but his!

• Rreka'alRreka'al Member Posts: 450
    Just because you were willing to dance to "too sexy" in front of a video of the game, I think I'll try it out. I just hope I don't get beaten to death by all the uber vets, such as tinkerbell.

• tinkernubtinkernub Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Rreka'al
    Just because you were willing to dance to "too sexy" in front of a video of the game, I think I'll try it out. I just hope I don't get beaten to death by all the uber vets, such as tinkerbell.
    Trust me, you won't. Tinkerbell is a uber n00b at this game image

But if you want to look at manuals then Click here, go to play now, on very top click old page. You will see community links for manuals made by community members.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    Ya know what, I'm going to download the game and try it out just because...  If the maker of the game is out to have fun, then maybe i might just have fun too

• cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by Slurpy
    So let's see... my website is here:  Homepage

My silly attempts at drawing attention to my game are here:
     Too sexy!
     Can't touch this!

Yes I realize that all this is very shamefull & that the graphics are dated.  But heck, what's a Slurpy to do?

The only advertisement are some google adz on the forum and the play-now page.  I think it's not too much.  Of course I don't get "very much" in ad revenue, but it helps pay for the laundry detergent, and who can live without laundry detergent?

I think the best features about the game are.
    Hmm...

The best features are...

Oh, I don't know.  Definately not the graphics, though.  image

LAWL where did you get that shirt for the "too sexy!" video?  thats kickass.  Yeah I downloaded it so i'll be playin..

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

Originally posted by tinkernub
    But if you want to look at manuals then Click here, go to play now, on very top click old page. You will see community links for manuals made by community members.
    Link to manual: clicky

• ronin_13xronin_13x Member Posts: 28

I LIKE UR APROACH ON THE ADVERTISING

Originally posted by modjoe86
    Tinkerbell owns tinkernub. End of story.

• Rreka'alRreka'al Member Posts: 450

Originally posted by Tinkerbellw2

Originally posted by modjoe86
    Tinkerbell owns tinkernub. End of story.

I sense a rivalry.

I sense friendship! image

PS - Look for me in the game and I'll be happy to help you through the loops!

Wulfram has myspace too. (Although I'm still working on it).
    http://www.myspace.com/wulfram2

tinkerbell hates me because tinkerbell aint me image

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    if the graphics engine is from scratch, grats to you.  granted most programers these days rarely make anything purely from scratch.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

You made this game?

I played it a few years ago but it was lacking something. Couldn't put my finger on it, however.

I'm gonna give it a try again. Glad to see some indy devs doing something good. :) I love the idea.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

Originally posted by SnaKey
    You made this game?I played it a few years ago but it was lacking something. Couldn't put my finger on it, however.I'm gonna give it a try again. Glad to see some indy devs doing something good. :) I love the idea.
    Thank you!  I was 1 of 3, who made the game -- but am the only one left who maintains it.  I'm trying to get the word out about it, while I try to improve things for the game.

One of the ways I think Wulfram is unique is that people do get to talk to me about it, and I try to listen to what people want.  Of course, you can't please everybody, but the point is, I think I'm pretty close to the community, and that's a good thing.

Originally posted by paulscott
    if the graphics engine is from scratch, grats to you.  granted most programers these days rarely make anything purely from scratch.

That was done "from scratch" -- but from my co-founder at the time.  Longterm goal is to yank it and throw in an "off-the-shelf" graphics engine.  It's too much to do for a Slurpy!

Thanks for your kind words.  I'm really impressed by everyone's response here.  So often people love to "jump you", especially when you're posting about a game that is not known, and admittedly has a few warts!

Originally posted by ronin_13x
    I LIKE UR APROACH ON THE ADVERTISING  

Thank you!  One of the things I'm
    trying to do is attract people that can enjoy some light hearted
    fun.  I actually wish I had like $50k to drop on the
    advertising, but I don't... so a little grass-roots silliness,
    dancing, and rubber shirts will have to do!

Woohoo for rubber shirts! image

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    I've been playing this game for like 3 days now, and I can say that I'm really impressed (with everything except for the graphix of course, which look like that of the nintendo 64).

I say that you guys should download it.  Now! Quicker minions!

Originally posted by Xexima
    I've been playing this game for like 3 days now, and I can say that I'm really impressed (with everything except for the graphix of course, which look like that of the nintendo 64).

I say that you guys should download it.  Now! Quicker minions!

Thank you.  That is really nice to hear.  Yep -- the graphics need not just a "once over", but a "twice over".  image

But I'll try to work on that reasonably soon.  Once I get the next-generation website / wulfram support stuff going.  I want to do a lot for the game, that will require new webwork.

I'm just learning ruby on rails now... it's fun to learn and will hopefully allow me to do things quickly.  But there is a lot of learning to do for me at the moment, and my head hurts!  image