Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you look forward to and what do you fear?

Basically i just want to do a little exercise with everyone here.

So, here it goes. There is always allot of debate about things. And allot of people have things about the game that has won them over completely. Then you have others still that a few things about it really turn them off about the game, even if there are allot of things that really attract them to the game. I think this last part is where allot of the Divide come from here on the forums and about the game. While there are things that one person likes, there are also things that they do not like. One thing can be said about vanguard, it is not a cut and dry **insert game type, play style here**  type of game. Vanguard is hard to define in absolutes.

So....

List the top two things about vanguard you are looking forward to. Just two.

List the two major things you are fearful of, or dislike about vanguard or is a major concern for YOU in regards to playing Vanguard..

/Fan shield +  Hate shield protected post: Lets try to keep debate out of this thread, please. No long debates about Rading, time requirements, ETC...

----------
"Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    I shall kick it off.

1. The necromancers abomnition.

2. The abilitys to own multipasinger ships.

List the two major things you are fearful of, or dislike about vanguard
    or is a major concern for YOU in regards to playing Vanguard..

1. Progression will be two slow for some one with
    not allot of time to play

2. The Death penalties used to me do not imply challenge, they just soak up my limited
    play time..

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• YsharrosYsharros Member Posts: 87
    Hrm.... choices!

1. Crafting. I can't help it, I just love it, or the idea of it, until it turns into a million-nail-creating grindfest. I hope VG will change that somewhat, and it really sounds like they will.
    2. A long-term home. I'd love to find a game I can enjoy as much as the first I ever played - where I can make lasting friendships, tales of woe, tales of idiocy - memories, basically. That requires a non-disposable game, and I know Sigil is trying to make that.

As to what I fear...

1. Too much grouping. Sadly, this is something I"ll have to suck up, because it's part of The Vision (TM) and I understand why. I just happen to be a primarily solo-duo player. That said, I'm not shy, I know how to group, so I'll get over it.
    2. Too little Vision. I just hope they don't compromise too much. I also hope they don't listen to the endless self-gratifying rants of the community. Listening to the player base is one thing - constantly placating the squeakiest wheel is a wide road to game hell, imo.

• EliasThorneEliasThorne Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Okay mine are:

1. Fellowship System

2. Bringing alot of thenice features of current MMOs into one game

List the two major things you are fearful of, or dislike about vanguard
    or is a major concern for YOU in regards to playing Vanguard..

1. An elitist community

2. "old Style" grind

Currently Playing: GW2
    Currently Following: Elder Scrolls Online
    Games in my wake: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, City of Heroes, Dark Age of Camelot (SI to Catacombs), DDO, EVE Online, EverQuest II (beta), Guild Wars, Horizons, Lineage II,LORTO, Rift, RF Online (beta), RYL, Saga of Ryzon, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, WAR, WoW

• ammieammie Member UncommonPosts: 109

My choices are.
                              Likes .... 1. Housing and cities.
                                           2. Community.            image

Dislikes ....  1. Devs upending our world.

2. Spec too high so game won't run well.  image

Ammie

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

1. i like how the game is in-depth with 3 spheres to advance and the whole "sandbox" feel to it.

2. i like the fact that this game is being built to last a long time with many expansions being planned, flying mounted combat and sea/naval combat sound really awsome to me.

dislikes

1. the high end graphics, hopefully they are not to high (the min spec) when the game releases but this is a fear for me and the entire mmo community.

2. the animations, from watching the mini videos all the animations need alot of work....some of them are to similar to eq1 witch worries me.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

1. Free flight.  Anywhere and anywhere I want
    2. A somewhat sandbox feel.  (no that doesn't mean no content from devs, but the ability to have a good amount, total would be nice, for how my character develops)

List the two major things you are fearful of, or dislike about vanguard or is a major concern for YOU in regards to playing Vanguard..

1.  Lag, it's not bad now, but I hope they tweak for dualcore more
    2.  I'll get bored in 2 weeks because nothing feels any different and go back to looking for another game, rather than playing.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Not so much looking forward to, but think is a good thing about the game:

1. If they implement a system where players of disparate levels can play together, that would be very nice.

2. Large oceans. image  I hope there are waves, and not just a mirrored blue surface.

Fears:

1. That Sigil's obsession with drawing endless stratifications between players results in a game where only uber players who spend ghastly amounts of time can enjoy themselves.

2. Cookie cutter classes without skill/talent trees for personal customization suck.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

Ok, just to show that I can say something positive about the game.

Two things I think are good about it even though I won't play it:

1.  No (or very liittle) insta-click travel.  I think that's great although I have serious doubts about how long it will last in a level based game.  We'll see.

2.  That they are trying to ensure that all classes have a usefull role to play in groups.  I think I would have done it a little differently but at least they are trying and recognize that in a game with lots of grouping everyone needs to have a solid place in a group.

Two things I fear with the certainty of death and taxes:

1.  At high levels single group and solo content peters out and all that's left is raiding and accomplishing anything is dependant on raiding.

2.  With indestructable items and item aquisition as the main motivator item power spirals to ridiculous levels and the attendant impact that this has on the game. 

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

1) Group dynamics - Sympathetics, Rescues, and whatnot! Been a while since there has been a game that lets people stand apart from others based on THEIR SKILL.
    2) Slower progression to prolong the "Need that Level" goal. Getting to end game too fast is a let down most of the time.

Dislikes

1) Competition for boss spawns in dungeons, we'll see how the Advanced Encounter System handles it through
    2) Servers will either be No PvP or PvP in your face all the time. Doesn't look like there is going to be any "Limited" PvP. I love playing against others...but only when I'm in the mood for it.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274
    Top two

1. Looks like the character customization will have alot of depth , moreso than almost any game out on the market , atleast it seems that way.

2. Large Non-instanced world which will hopefully lead to more player interaction and stronger more mature community.

Bottom two.

1. Graphics look pritty iffy atm , Alot of the armor models and enviroments look very clay-like and boring (eq2 :(  )

2. Lack of any really "interesting" content to fill this large world up with. What good is huge travel times from one town to another etc  if everything on the way is just open space and mob camps? *yawn* Sure they say you can go anywhere you see in the world but that doesn't mean shit if its incredibly boring and dull except a few said areas/dungeons that they really put work into and even so then it's still stupid to make a large world with huge travel time sinks for more gameplay hrs = more longer sub = more money = SOE Inpsired EQ 1.5 garbage bullshit.

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542
    housing
    good raids

non "hardcore" gamers will not progressive

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Looking forward to:

1. Huge areas to explore
    2. Community

Fears:

1. Computer will need to be replaced to play it.
    2. They will concentrate too much on expansions rather than fixing the existing content.  I'm hoping that the live team is 2-4 times larger than the future-content team.

Thanks everyone for keeping it civil. image

----------

How are you?" -Me

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Looking forward to:

Boats!

Various mounts, mostly a flying one

I'm not afraid of anything, but it would suck if:

They don't do enough to combat farmers

They don't do enough to combat bots

Those 2 things ruined Lineage 2 for me, an otherwise fantastic game.

• ghettochildeghettochilde Member Posts: 50

Hopes

1.  Sandbox, Sandbox, Sandbox.  And no instancing :)

2. Getting my guild in on the ground floor of a game that looks to have promise, with a Dev team who *gasps* seems to care about what the players want.

Fears

1. Classes.  I hate class based anything.  Bring on skill systems!  This is, sadly, set in stone, but i'll live with it.

2.  The Evil Empire.  I was gonna say that i fear my guildmates getting bored and leaving cause im not sure if this is their kind of game, but ultimately, some future involvement by SOE is my fear.  I understand that, as of now, they have no creative input.  But things change, and I would really hate to fall in love with another game only to have it ripped out from under me yet again.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

What i fear the most is this turning into another wow kiddie game where players think raiding is L33T,and PVP is cool.PVP has NEVER been setup properly and raiding is nothing more than mobs with alot more hit points.I don't want to play a game that is based on either of these pitiful ideals.I want to see real good looking animations in the battles and meaningful quests.Raiding usually involves only alliance type battles to gain the games elite gear and items.This alienates a ton the games population,and will serve no purpose in showing off the product.These two things only cater to a small cliche of players while doing nothing for graphics/battle engine/crafting/great quests,the things that really should matter.

Most kiddies that refer to raiding usually couldn't care less about levels 1-???,they want no product or character in the game,just a chance to brag about hitting end game level in so many weeks and there in the coolest raiding guild on the planet...pfffttt,we need more of this like we need a hole in the head.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

1. Tools for the community, a guild that can rely on a city and player
    interaction and not only raids. Members helping each other to flourish
    the guild to higher grounds. I remember back in SWG, our guild was
    extremely proud to have  80% of the Boba Fett Costume. It tooks us
    2 months to get it but everyone in the guild gave their share of work
    for something that wasn't usefull to anyone, it was just fun and a
    proof that our guild was solid. I believe vanguard will offer this
    sense of accomplishement, if it's not with items, it's going to be with
    our crafters or maybe our PVPers but at least our gameplay experience
    will united and not always in a silly RAID.

2. I like getting lost and vanguard promises me alot of that!

1. I quitted WOW because it offered nothing but greed and wandering for
    my guild. The first few weeks rocked with the world PVP and such then
    later on it got boring... We then tried RAIDing and while this was
    fun... it was not the only thing we wanted to do but WOW offered
    nothing else then that.. Farming or Raiding is what the end game looked
    like.. We tried to organise some solid PVP events and such but it was
    always a failure due to the lack of freedom the game offered us. Our
    guild eventually got cripple by this and we were force to leave before
    it was too late... Now we see vanguard and we see the light but as one
    of the leaders, i'm extremely scared that the game will rely on raiding
    over player interaction.

2. PVP servers, I hope to see PVP servers ! I
    fear that we cannot all start in the same city... how is my guild gona
    meet up in-game ?

Please stick to the format.

I know allot of people have allot of things they wish to put in, but this
    format is just to see what the top two thing on anyone’s mind is.

Thanks.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410
    forward:
    -the addition of the berserker class
    -wood elves (normally I play dark elves but this game offers two dark skinned elf races and the "dark elves" in this game don't look cool)

fear:
    -the endgame will be only slightly better than WoW's endgame (it'll still ultimately suck)
    -it will be a year before the berserker class is added. So what I will do in the mean time is make a ranger but focus on diplomacy and crafting until they add berserker. Once berserker is in I will start adventuring

on a side note i don't intend to stick with this game...i'm only playing it until heroes journey/warhammer/lotro/spellborn comes out. There is a chance however that I may fall in love with this game and stick with it.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• AkunaiAkunai Member Posts: 138

Looking forward to:

1) Immersion.

2) Having a lot to do before getting completely bored.

Concerns:

1) A lack of focus leading to a "jack of all trades" effect, where no features are great but everything is decent.  (combat, classes, etc.)

2) Working too much on extras like worthless trinkets and other superfluous things, instead of fine tuning the basics of combat and balance.  Which could lead to the "bells and whistles" effect found in CoX, where there are many problems but content is still dedicated to needless things.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

1- Raid-free servers announcements.

2- How they implemented these "raid-free".

A- Raid-free servers never announced

B- Lies and nasty ways to enforced raiding; lack of "proper" ways to progress on raid-free servers.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye

B- Lies and nasty ways to enforced raiding; lack of "proper" ways to progress on raid-free servers.

hahahaha! that made me laugh irl....is there anything in life you hate more than raiding? if so i feel really sorry for them/it. ::::18::

Originally posted by baphamet

hahahaha! that made me laugh irl....is there anything in life you hate more than raiding? if so i feel really sorry for them/it. ::::18::

As stated in the first post. No discussions or responses to
    others posts.

Stick to the format.

This
    thread is for people to post what they feel in the format provided with out repercussions
    of others.

Thank you.

----------

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by baphamet

As stated in the first post. No discussions or responses to
    others posts.

Stick to the format.

This
    thread is for people to post what they feel in the format provided with out repercussions
    of others.

Thank you.

thats odd, when a previous poster attacked the game and didn't use the format you are demanding you seemed to not have a problem with that.

maybe if i had a opinion you agree with you wouldn't have a problem with it. ::::12:: BTW if someone makes a post that i find funny i have every right to comment on it, you got a problem with that? take it up with the mods....thank you.

• spiritglowspiritglow Member Posts: 171

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

1.The bard class looks to be way improved over EQ1 bard. Way Way more and EQ1 bard was freaking awesome
    2.Bloodmage and Disciple classes seems to be similar to some popular Guild Wars builds, yum yum.

1. The infamous #$$&*%#$* EQ1 grind. If it's in Vanguard then I'm outta there.
    2. If they sell out to SOE or if I find out that SOE devs have access to Vanguard code and therefore to users machines through the game. They don't have a bad reputation cause they've been nice.Spiritglow