Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those of Little faith gtfo

KlorinKlorin Member Posts: 37

Shadowbane, the best PvP games ever to be released onto the market until sb2 comes out :D. Of course there are a few things that turn people away.

1/ no jumping, of course no jumping, it takes away from tactics and returns lag and exploits, so why have it? pointless

2/ WASD this is a big selling point for some people, let me tell you if everyone was using wsad to move around the game wouldnt be improved at all, unlike other games you dont need to run and jump around a person to win a fight (WoW) and the tactics behind a point and click movement system are far more indepth than a wasd can provide, along with less sploits and lag again.

3/ graphics, people complain all day about graphics on this website, you eye candy whores can do 1 think imo, go to EQ2 or WoW and have fun questing and raiding all day, happy flowers and sunshine is what you want, shadowbane wasnt made to make your eyes happy, its all about your Pride and Ego. You take EQ2 graphics and throw a 200+ person siege together that = a lag fest that hardly any decently availible server or client Inet Connection can provide. And personally i think shadowbanes graphics are better then Eq2 and WoWs due to more realism and sizing, i mean wow is a cartoon hell hole  and eq2 is filled with miss shapen figureds of humans and other races with bad skins.

I just felt like ranting because i get so pissed at people who complain all day about stupid minor things in a game like the above and dont focus on the true meaning of MMOs. FUN.

So to all thinking about playing SB, do it. Give Greyvok A tell and i will set you up with decent guilds gear anything you need to make you feel less inferior to the vets, we dont want to scare away nubs, we want to teach them.

Comments

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

A LOOOOOOONG time player of SB myself, I agree that there is no PvP to match it...

But makin people that revel in ganking newbs like CoolWaters forum admins pretty much tells the take as far the community goes when it comes to new players...

This game is VERY unfriendly to newbs, paranoia makes good guilds not recruit, and greifing bastards made people quit...

When people on the forums kept saying "crai more noob, go play something else" when people complained... they did...

I made a thread that said "You can't PvP yourself" and pleaded for mercy for the nublets, but they got none... just look at the title of your thread! GTFO is not how you get people to play. And don't even THINK of saying that SB doesn't need more players.

It might be better than ever client-wise now, but they community is stagnent from their own devices.

I've actually got a few of my Clansmen from AoC playing SB till AoC comes out for the PvP exp. its certianly fun again!

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Good to hear SB is hanging on, even though it is free now. Any word on SB2? The best part of SB was getting intoa good guild that would stick through a huge loss of a city to rebuild another one. The worst part of SB was getting into a small guild and getting rolled every time you tried to build up a city. Notice there is no way to go solo (unless you just wanted to hide and sneak gank). Anyway loved that game for what it did best and hated it at the same time. Playing EVE now and enjoying it.

::::19::

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      IF Sb failed, why would there be SB2 ? Let's get real folks.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• GlaiveeGlaivee Member Posts: 13
    SB didn't fail. It just didn't meet everyone's expectations.

SBG is working on some other project atm., as they have told us that. It prolly won't be called SB2, but it will most likely be a similar game (pvp MMORPG with a heavy focus on guilds/politics).

Great news. Keep the communtiy posted here. I dont check anyother places. Lazy and busy. Not a great combo for me but - gotta play with the cards you are dealt. ::::21::

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    OK

Only MMO where you can play Thief , and actually steal stuff from other players , thus making it the most rotten hated class of all time imageimageimage

Nuff Said

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• threetwosixthreetwosix Member UncommonPosts: 85

Ya know, after reading all this, I'm considering trying SB.  Need to browse a bit to get the heads up, though, b4 diving in.  PvP sounds pretty intense.  I'm a veteran of DAoC RvR so I hope that'll give me a fighting chance.  Hook me up with some names and servers so I won't be lonely, lol

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    One of my buddies was telling me about this game on vent the other day.

He said that when it first realeased there was like one guild that
    owned the server, and if you messed with them or their farming spots
    you were put on a KoS list. He also said that they had their own server
    rules, and that the mods couldn't mess with them either. 

Originally posted by Rattrap
    OK

Only MMO where you can play Thief , and actually steal stuff from other players , thus making it the most rotten hated class of all time imageimageimage

Nuff Said

You mean UO ?  In SB why wud you steal stuff if you can just kill em and take everything ?

Originally posted by Gorukha
    OK

Nuff Said
       You mean UO ?  In SB why wud you steal stuff if you can just kill em and take everything ?

Because if there's a FG of peopel farming, and you are a lone thief, then you really can't kill 'em. You can, however, steal some nice item like a rune without them even noticing you were there. Also, when people are honing or procing their weapons, they have to unequip them, so that's a nice time to steal it, because if you attack them, they will most likely equip it as soon as they notice you.

Another reason is that many cities have guards, and if, for example, the GL is pulling a nice weapon off the forges, then it would be a better idea to steal it rather than kill him and take it because if you don't,
    a) the guards will most likely zerg and butt rape you
    b) he might have enough time to put it back on the forge or put it in his bank.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Originally posted by Glaivee
    OK

Nuff Said

Because if there's a FG of peopel farming, and you are a lone thief, then you really can't kill 'em. You can, however, steal some nice item like a rune without them even noticing you were there. Also, when people are honing or procing their weapons, they have to unequip them, so that's a nice time to steal it, because if you attack them, they will most likely equip it as soon as they notice you.

Another reason is that many cities have guards, and if, for example, the GL is pulling a nice weapon off the forges, then it would be a better idea to steal it rather than kill him and take it because if you don't,
    a) the guards will most likely zerg and butt rape you
    b) he might have enough time to put it back on the forge or put it in his bank.

UO "was" the same as SB years ago.  So the Thief in UO is equal to the Thief in SB.

FYI - a thief could survive a guard zerg now with the steath changes.  I pked about 3 people in a town with my assassin, and was able to hide with about a billion guards on me.  They finally got me with a scout.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

I dont think thieves could steal the last time I played SB :)  sry Funny how companies like to add the good stuff when they are feeling the fire of cancelation and not when they can do some good. 

Heh, anytime I try to do that I'm already either DoT'd by some guard, or my hide fizzles, or some bugged mob hits me through hide.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

"Shadowbane, the best PvP games ever to be released"

Good one. Here have some more stupid juice ::::20::

Hmm
    Stupid joice? At least add something to the thread. How about a "I dont think SB is the best because..."

Its Halloween so Im a little riled up. Sorry for the negativity.

I agree with the post that SB was the best PvP MMORPG. I havent played them all so Im looking for others that are better. I liked the seiges and the city building. I didnt mind getting ganked -it forced a group mentality. Now finding a group well that was the sad part. If you found a good guild; it was a great experience but if you didnt well ok it sucked.

::::20::

I think Shadowbane made the same mistake Darkfall is making , and thats focusing WAAAY too much on guilds and not enough on personal enjoyment of the game.  People dont like to be forced to join guilds, which Shadowbane does.  Cause if you were errant last time i played u got killed by everyone lol. :)

• ObenOben Member Posts: 40
    Uh, isn't SB2 a rumour? It hasn't been confirmed it's in process... but if it is, that would be the best game ever... until sb3 comes out...

If it's true, they better keep the genius character creation, All the other games is so cookie cutter, it's ridiculous.

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

I dont think thieves could steal the last time I played SB :)  sry Funny how companies like to add the good stuff when they are feeling the fire of cancelation and not when they can do some good. 

Thieves could steal from people since beta.

I still find it amusing that, according to you, this game is horrible, yet you seem to bring it up in most of your posts on this site...

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• AwakenedAwakened Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Dunno how thieves became the focus point of this thread, but...  They could always steal, there just wasn't any reason to in most cases as it's usually easier to just gank people and take their shit.

What greater tribute to free will than the power to question the highest of authority? What greater display of loyalty than blind faith? What greater gift than free will? What greater love than loyalty?

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

Generaly, MMORPGs are about the RPG factor the MMO aspect is the nice to have feature.

I didn't get far with him seing that I was a high INT thief, last time I Backstabbed a MinoBarb, for roleplay purposes.

you could be an INT mage assassin :)  Mage with inisi and sneak, without putting points into backstab. Wasnt a bad build back in the day, wasnt great but it was fun.

• KlorinKlorin Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by logangregor
    "Shadowbane, the best PvP games ever to be released"Good one. Here have some more stupid juice ::::20::
    Good one, to bad SB isn't just 1 game it has xpacks. And some people don't believe xpacks are new games, but when SB had them it turned the game around so much i considered  it new.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    threads like this one make me look away from the game and i almost did buy it from big lots for 7 bux but neigh, this post did not make me any happier about wanting to try it, think ill keep questing, it s my favorite pastime.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• VesilisVesilis Member UncommonPosts: 21
    SB definatly has the best PvP of the games I've played. Many people who play SB have a mentality that if you don't PvP every second you aren't power'lvlin or farming, you were a n00b. Well, I am one of those poeple. Just wanted to get that out there. I personally don't like thieves, they aren't a very good class to do much of anything with really. Most other mmo's i've played had nothing save graphics on sb... I feel quests are quite stupid and, well, that seems to go for pretty much everything that isn't PvP. This might be one of the reasons I can't stick with many mmo's for too long...

Just wanted to get my opinion and thoughts out there.image

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by Oben
    Uh, isn't SB2 a rumour? It hasn't been confirmed it's in process... but if it is, that would be the best game ever... until sb3 comes out...

If it's true, they better keep the genius character creation, All the other games is so cookie cutter, it's ridiculous.

The name "Shadowbane 2" will never be on a mmo, however, sbg is working on a next gen mmo as we speak, and trust me... you will be happy when they go public with it. :P

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde