Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No.4 Captains of Crush Gripper

BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

#4 is = to 365 lbs?

Holy shit. That's like that 007 scene where oddjob crushes the golfball into dust!

clicky

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Assuming the bar is a standard 40 pound one, then that is 760 pounds, those are all 45 pound plates.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

A minor detail/mistake. Just listen to this customer review:

"these things are a fucking bitch. the only way these guys closed a number 4 was onjuice. HAS TO BE

or they had mad pumps
    nay
    NAY!
    LIVID PUMPS"

• Rreka'alRreka'al Member Posts: 450
    It takes being able to put 365 lbs. of force into a squeeze to be a real man? I'm a little weenie boy, then.

Originally posted by Rreka'al
    It takes being able to put 365 lbs. of force into a squeeze to be a real man? I'm a little weenie boy, then.
    Not true. A REAL man can close #4 with his teeth. image

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    I think most of you would be surprised at how quickly your grip strengthens when you begin lifting weights, particularly curls...grip strength improves with almost every upper body exercize that you do.  The simple act of holding the weights requires a great deal of strength from your hands alone...many people won't notice that their forearms are becomming sore unless they do a fair number of sets; trust me though, do enough curls and your biceps won't begin to show results nearly as quickly as your forearms. (the muscles in your forearm are what determines most of your grip strength)

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

It is true that your grip will develop even if you don't do direct work on you forearms/fingers. The effects from lifting go out in ripples, like from your bicep down your forearm, up into your shoulder etc. So what you say is true.

But that doesn't mean closing the #4 is surprizingly easy to attain. I read that it has only been closed by

Joe Kinney

Nathan Holle
    David Morton

Tommy Heslep
    Magnus Samuelsson

livid pumps ... lol

I figure it would be worth adding that if you are into heavy lifting, working soley on your grip can help you greatly. Like if you're increasing deadlift poundages faster then you're grip can keep up with, you may want to put some time aside to work on forearms and grip specifically --Instead of relying on lifting straps.