Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice about GW:Nightfall

I was thinking about buying 2 copies of GWN to play with my old brother. He has been playing Silkroad for quite a long time and he's sick of the crowded servers, the bots and the fact that their is no end game but to go trading, get money and spend it in stuffs for a new character that it will take you about 4 months to get to lvl 70. So the other day he came in to tell me is i knew any other good mmorpg to play 'cause silkroad was getting old, and he's a little more vet about mmorpg than he was a few months ago. I don't play p2p since i have no money to spend in that, but he was willing to play for bouth acounts if i knew a cool game. Then i did reasearch and GWN is at the top of many scales so i recommended that to him, but i'm not very sure he will enjoy it. He likes crafting, leveling solo and with party (me most of the time) and a nice end game that actually makes up for the time you spend to get to such lvl (oh and he's a bigger CAREBEAR than me, since i enjoy PVP but not PK). What do you recommend me? should we buy GWN? other mmorpg?? has to be one of the latest because he enjoy good graphics, but they have to be mature, no kiddy cute anime style. (Please no flames in this topic like "that game suck you suck and my father beats yours", just advices, thank you).  

Comments

• GW: Nightfall is great, best campaign in my opinion.  And GuildWars itself is very high quality.  Frankly the service is better than most sub games. 

BUT the GuildWars game itself has a rather different philosophy.  Leveling and gaining good gear is quite easy and requires no griding at all.  The only thing that require grinding is the cosmetic prestie items, which are not inhernetly better.

A good 3/4 or 2/3 of GW's content is done after max level.  Most of GW is about obtaining skills and perfecting skill builds.  You may only use 8 skills at a time, although you may collect 100's of skills.  So it is extremely important how you use your skills and what skills you have obtained.  It is important to understand that the way in which you use your skills can make a HUGE difference. 

Would I reccomend Nightfall?  Yes its excellent.  Would you like GW?  I don't know, because its goals are very different.  If you want a game that obessively occupies you and distracts you from the real world then maybe look into the games designed to keep you petpetually grinding like WoW or EQ, because GW won't do that.