Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sigur R

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
I stumbled on this Icelandic band a year or so ago and started listening to very little of their stuff, sure, I liked it.

But Sigur R

Comments

• DrunkenWDrunkenW Member Posts: 250

I love Sigur Ros. There is one song in perticular i like but i cvant find it, and dont know the title.
    Hey, maybe you can help.. as far as I remember it's number seven on some album and has alot of piano in it. About three minutes of piano before a bit of vocals.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    hmmm...well that matters on how old the song is, they have many albums out --

track seven of their newest album is "milano"

other track sevens of other albums are "Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa" , "Haffsoll" (from their Von album, one of my favorites), and "Hun Joro"

hope that helps image

"Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa"
    That was it. Thank you so much. Been looking for that one a long time.

I found the video. http://www.vortex.is/festival/video/sigur_ros-vidrar-video.asf

• modjoe86modjoe86 Member UncommonPosts: 4,083
    They are one of the few bands that I legitamately purchased all of their CDs. There music might take a while to grow on you, but once it does you will love them.
    I saw them play in Dallas. It was a great show.
    Takk is a damn good album, though Agaetis Byrjun is still their best.

If you like Sigur Ros, I'd recommend:
    Amina - opened for them, and are an even more bizarre Icelandic group.
    Mum - Same type of music as Sigur Ros, but the vocals come from female twins.
    Air - Talkie Walkie is the most famous, and imo the best album from this French outfit.
    M83 - Recently discovered this duo from France, and I have been listening to them non-stop since.
    Mogwai - A bit more rocky than Sigur Ros, and a bit more approachable.

Hope that helps, as Sigur Ros is just the tip of the Iceberg in this genre.

Originally posted by modjoe86
    They are one of the few bands that I legitamately purchased all of their CDs. There music might take a while to grow on you, but once it does you will love them.
    I saw them play in Dallas. It was a great show.
    Takk is a damn good album, though Agaetis Byrjun is still their best.

If you like Sigur Ros, I'd recommend:
    Amina - opened for them, and are an even more bizarre Icelandic group.
    Mum - Same type of music as Sigur Ros, but the vocals come from female twins.
    Air - Talkie Walkie is the most famous, and imo the best album from this French outfit.
    M83 - Recently discovered this duo from France, and I have been listening to them non-stop since.
    Mogwai - A bit more rocky than Sigur Ros, and a bit more approachable.

Hope that helps, as Sigur Ros is just the tip of the Iceberg in this genre.

Modjoe.
    You seem to be quite found of Iron and Wine. Did you know that he recently worked together with Calexico and toured with them? thats how I discovered Iron and Wine. I think you should give Calexico a try.
    Its a fusion of Rock and traditional Mexican sounds.

• TyrolerTyroler Member Posts: 97
    I love Sigur ros, i know takk is considered there best album to date, but i find Agaetis Byrjun to be a much more experimental and relaxing album

If you like there sound you could check out the danish Band "Under Byen", its sorta the same music genre, but with danish vocals though