Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do i need to start?

rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235
I wonder which version/ expansion i need to buy in order to start playing EQ2(there seems to be a lot of them around)? all help appreciated

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by rafaelrehn
    I wonder which version/ expansion i need to buy in order to start playing EQ2(there seems to be a lot of them around)? all help appreciated

Wait a few more weeks and then get the latest expansion Echoes of Faydwer as it includes original game plus all three expansions.
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

If you intend to start now you could get the Station Pass, and you will be able to get the (digital) download for the original EQII and the adventure packs I believe. Or, you could just get the original game for 20$ straight off the site, and leave the expansions and adventure packs until later.

If you intend to start soon, I would advise you buy Echoes of Faydwer when it comes out in November, as it contains not only a new race and starting location, but also includes both Deserts of Flames, and Kingdom of Sky expansion packs.

The second option is the best imo, as adventure packs are dirt cheap, but the expansions are a little more expansive.

Have fun! image

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235
    Thank you. BTW do youthink a 2 Mb connection is enough? I have 6600GT and Athlon 3700+ and 1024 Mb ram
  • NullapaxNullapax Member Posts: 401
    I would say wait for Faydwer.
    That one purchase will get you the base game and all three expansions.

I bought the origional EQ2.
    I didn't bother with DoF but I did get KoS.

Now, when Faydwer comes out it will feel to me like I'm getting DoF thrown in for free image

• NullapaxNullapax Member Posts: 401

Thank you. BTW do youthink a 2 Mb connection is enough? I have 6600GT and Athlon 3700+ and 1024 Mb ram
    I am on 2Mb with a 6600GT128, AMD 64 3000+ and 1 Gig of system ram.

If I recall, I have the settings around 70% of max.
    The game looks fine and plays smooth.

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235
    Well I guess then i'll wait 3 more weeks. I was going to start DD0 but it seems to be dying fast.thanks
  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by Nullapax

I am on 2Mb with a 6600GT128, AMD 64 3000+ and 1 Gig of system ram.

If I recall, I have the settings around 70% of max.
    The game looks fine and plays smooth.

Almost exactly the same, 10mb with 6600GT128, AMD 64 3200+, 1gb RAM. Game looks b-e-a-uuutiful.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.