Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions :)

kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Hey there,

I recently stopped playing WoW a few months ago just due to not playing it enough, the game is brilliant dont get me wrong :) I was looking at playing lineage 2 and was wondering about its popularity? I tried the game on a free private server and found it quite enjoyable, easy to get into, responsive movement/combat and overall quite fun. Of course an MMO isnt an MMO if your not playing in a living world with aload of other poeple therefore the free server is useless for demonstrating that and takes away the major part of the game.

Anyway, to my question - as lineage is 2 years down the line now how popular is the game on the official servers? Im considering ordering a key direct from PlayNC but was wondering how populated are the servers?

Also reading about the game - would it be worth it if i WASNT going to pay even more money towards the game and buy Adena online + buy a new account, as i dont see the point in paying even more money to an already expensive genre of game (MMO).

And finally which would be a good server to start on? I enjoy playing on servers with a nice community and helpful players which can help out if i ever get into a pickle.

Thanks alot,
ChaZ

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Well, if you are coming from a private server experience, I must warn you that the game has a hard grind as well as a hard economy. From what I've read, private servers tend to increase the xp and adena drop rates.

You should go to the L2 main forums. You will see that the game is far from dead. But it is a hard game. So be prepared for that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

I see. Yes i know the game is hard :) I have done lots of reading up on it as im trying to decide whether to give it a whirl or not. I did enjoy the gameplay from the private server but was well aware of the increased drop rates. The main thingy i enjoyed about it was the ease of playing it. I can have it windowed and i dont even have to touch the keyboard to play with no difficulty which made it rather relaxing as i could fight and talk to my friends at the same time without a problem at all.

Could you reccomend a server to join which has a good community? An irritating part about the official forums is that you have to be a registered game player to post on them which makes it hard for me to find a good place to ask questions such as those above, so any responses are greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

ChaZ

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I hate to say this but I can't.

All the servers have their own claims to fame but at the same time can change from month to month. If you are serious about the game then just buy the game, register for the main forums and do a bit of searching. It really is the only way.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Okay thanks alot for the help. I think ill go ahead and try out the game for a month, and if i like it continue :)

Thanks alot,

ChaZ

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    Bartz or Teon ...

Bartz .. .currently being ruled over by Ex-Lionnians ( LOL!!!! )
    Seig is .. I dunno ... don't hear about it ..
    Kain ... mucho mucho bot complaining .. lots of servers have bot / ebay complaining, but this is
    the only thing i see on their forums =/
    Lionna ... 2 sided .. hasn't changed .. lots of main players quit / moved to bartz ...
    Dev .... good? o_O
    Hend .. Hind? ... dunno ... did something ... First Anathras??
    Teon ... Euros .. are you Euro? Cause Euros love Euros .... Euro Pop!!
    Franz ... Mix of all servers ... if you don't bot you are a non factor! if you do'nt bot you're also
    going to get banned! irony? yes ...

• AlthiaAlthia Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Galaxiaceles
    Bartz or Teon ...

Bartz .. .currently being ruled over by Ex-Lionnians ( LOL!!!! )
    Seig is .. I dunno ... don't hear about it ..
    Kain ... mucho mucho bot complaining .. lots of servers have bot / ebay complaining, but this is
    the only thing i see on their forums =/
    Lionna ... 2 sided .. hasn't changed .. lots of main players quit / moved to bartz ...
    Dev .... good? o_O
    Hend .. Hind? ... dunno ... did something ... First Anathras??
    Teon ... Euros .. are you Euro? Cause Euros love Euros .... Euro Pop!!
    Franz ... Mix of all servers ... if you don't bot you are a non factor! if you do'nt bot you're also
    going to get banned! irony? yes ...

HUH?  Franz is the newest server so that would have been my suggestion... but because of that I don't know what to tell you.  I personally play on kain.  I am friends with quit a few people both enimies and allies.  I enjoy my server but that is because i grew up on it since beta so I am biased and have never played on any other server....

What i would suggest to you if you do decided to try it out is that you could join one of the settled guild until you get to forty.. if you enjoy just the play style and don't know if your all about getting 78/78 then you can make a fine living leveling up toons to fourty as it gains rec points for the main clan that you would be in... Not sure if that made since but its an idea.

If you do go kain send me a pm via these forums and i can help you get set up...

I'm pretty sure you replied to the wrong person  =/ ....  I play on Lionna

• AlthiaAlthia Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Galaxiaceles
    I'm pretty sure you replied to the wrong person  =/ ....  I play on Lionna
    oh i wasn't saying that you played on franz just saying that i never heard of people getting banned for not botthing

Oh .. what you bolded in red is an extreme situation ( which does happen ) when ...

a legit person .. gets banned .. it happens .. I read plenty of them .. some may be BS .. some are true

and ... when people really really botting ... the character that is botted ( SE / Prophet ) DOES NOT get
    banned .. but the character the bot is helping does ( non bot ) ...... funny .. eh?

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I believe Erica has the best community (although probably all servers are pretty crazy). I used to play on Erica and seemed a lot more friendly than other servers (don't get me wrong, there was a ton of PvP there still).

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

I joined Franz :) Im enjoying the game. I heard Teon is unstable etc so i thought ill join Franz. Im from the UK so i didnt want to play on an american server due to lag etc, so it was between Teon or Franz. Ive met a few people in the nooby area who were more than willing to help and chat which was good to see a welcoming community :) I also like the fact the server is just getting started and therefore more players are sure to join and if i decide to stay on with the game can grow up with the server :)

Anyone else in franz willing to let me add to friends?

Thanks alot,

ChaZ