Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW is a nice starter, why not play a more advanced MMO?

Give a shot at playing a game like: Anarchy Online or Neocron 2.

Both these games will make your WoW experience feel like an old game
like Diablo 2. WoW is not as good as it is advertised after level 60.
Get over the lame pvp, and experience games with more content and
detail, please, just let your MMO experience be better with one of
these games.

Comments

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    I have played a more advanced mmo but the problem is nowadays the choice is really quite limited especially as you either have the aged or WoW/EQ2/Ryzom. WoW I enjoyed the most out of the three.  Anyway tried Neocron 2 the other day, really didn't go much on it. Rather play TFC.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by theomega5000

Both these games will make your WoW experience feel like an old game like Diablo 2. WoW is not as good as it is advertised after level 60. Get over the lame pvp, and experience games with more content and detail, please, just let your MMO experience be better with one of these games.

Barf and Barf.... I like WoW

if Neocron 2 is so groovy then why its not ever talked about ?

• haudvicushaudvicus Member Posts: 176

Eh, WoW is good, and I hate learning new games. However, you've picked my interest and I'll give the trials a shot.

• BioX6tBioX6t Member Posts: 3

Anarchy online is not that good looking as WOW
    And i like the simplicity.

• mmitchmmitch Member Posts: 3

Neocron2?  Hahahaha.

I was a beta tester for the 2d round of Neocron and it had so much potential.

But the company couldn't deliver.

I tried the 10 day demo over the weekend just for nostalgia sake and immediately uninstalled after I clicked my apartment elevators access button and got a FRE.

Blast from the past that can stay there.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Because I like playing games in easy-mode.  image

Seriously...its a good fun game that doesn't require a ton of thought to enjoy.  But if you want you can torture yourself endlessly trying to find the perfect combination of gear, talent points, and buffs to turn you into a killing machine.

Not much fun at 60?  Most, if not all MMORPG's lose their fun once you reach the maximum level in a game?  Not great in PvP?  Well, I don't care for it, but some folks seem to have a great time at it.  Different strokes for everyone I suppose.

Anarchy Online? and whatchamacallit?...  It's sort of fun to play games that are popular and have lots of people in them... I think they are called MMORPG's.... not sure those other two have the population in them to equal even one WOW server.... 

Can't blame you for trying to drum up support for your favorite games..and it appears at least one person is going to take you up on your offer to try something different.  Who knows..maybe you'll win a few converts...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jarriharakkajarriharakka Member UncommonPosts: 11
    WoW has the best most accurate controls of the character. every other game control of the character is unresponsive and inaccurate. in WoW controlling the char is so fun, fluid and natural that it makes it simple and fun.

sure there are games out there that require more planning of characters or something but then the controls suck. i dont want to grit my teeth over moving my character in the game.

in that respect WoW delivers the best.

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

I played Anarchy Online for 2 years when it first came out, now that was a REAL game. You had to fight Funcom's programming just as much as any mob. image

It's crap now, whent downhill with Aliens. If you think your hot shit because you play Anarchy Online now, sir, you haven't played anything!

As far as Neocron 2, played the original, and it was terrible, you'll have to put forth some good arguments/features for me to look at that again. 

• Oprah2Oprah2 Member Posts: 118
    Anarchy Online has worse graphics by far horrible story bad everything that game is horrible WoW is 5 times better
  • randprinrandprin Member UncommonPosts: 61

i actually moved from anarchy online to WoW (and still have nightmares about the hackler grind)

if by "harder" you mean much less intuitive to learn, then yes i agree that AO is harder then wow, but everything else? give me a break... image

MMORPG addict since 1995.

• CroeCroe Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by randprin
    i actually moved from anarchy online to WoW (and still have nightmares about the hackler grind) if by "harder" you mean much less intuitive to learn, then yes i agree that AO is harder then wow, but everything else? give me a break... image
    Dude i totally know what you mean i rememeber logging on and heading straight to adonis heckler and grinding for hours for decent exp,yeah sure you can do missions in anarchy online but they are worth a fraction of what youl get at the hecklers. I agree Ao has depth i played it for a long time but the grind got to me i cannot grind one mob till lvl 90 get a key and go to a new zone to grind that same mob to 120 then get another key and grind that mob till 200. I cannot do that it drives me nuts.I liked missions but you need a Yalmah ( forgive me if i mispelled) because the missions start to be in crazy way far out zones. i havent tryied necron i know there are better games out there im just bidding my time till a new one comes out i wanna play.
    (edit for gimp spelling)

• HexagenHexagen Member Posts: 47

Ok.

First, why are we still talking about Anarchy Online and Necron?

Let's talk real deal. If we compare WoW let's talk about games like EQII and EVE online.

As far as graphics and depth and complexity of gameplay go EVE takes the cake.

And how about Lineage II with it's massive battle opportunities and gorgeous landscapes and characters?

WoW has a strong edge because it is so damn well balanced and designed that it is really easy to learn and play. But unless it keeps innovating it will soon be overrun by competition. It's a giant now, but unless BC brings something new, it may start rotting in a year or so.

• wowlightbrinwowlightbrin Member Posts: 23
    i played a free version of Anarchy Online and i hate it i did not understand it and the grathic did stink WoW is alot better

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    Probably since you wowers havent tryed another mmo?

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• Neocron 2 may be one of a kind and do thing other MMORPGs are afraid to do, but its also really buggy and clunky and I don't think most people will tolerate that.

• Originally posted by urbanmech
    I played Anarchy Online for 2 years when it first came out, now that was a REAL game. You had to fight Funcom's programming just as much as any mob. image It's crap now, whent downhill with Aliens. If you think your hot shit because you play Anarchy Online now, sir, you haven't played anything! As far as Neocron 2, played the original, and it was terrible, you'll have to put forth some good arguments/features for me to look at that again. 

Come on Neocron has a lot of very unique and interesting features.  It has really bad QA, but it really does have an impressive feature list compared to other MMOs.  Unfortunately it has an impressive bug and clunkiness list too.

• ThorhallThorhall Member Posts: 20

Both these games will make your WoW experience feel like an old game like Diablo 2. WoW is not as good as it is advertised after level 60. Get over the lame pvp, and experience games with more content and detail, please, just let your MMO experience be better with one of these games.

Why? Just because you like it, doesn't mean the next guy will like it. Everyone has different taste.

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

//WoW is a nice starter, why not play a more advanced MMO?//

When one comes out that doesn't suck, I just might take your advice.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Talk about feeling like an old game, AO graphics are what 4 years old and they haven't even attempted to upgrade the graphics.  AO = run to this location, kill everything in this randomly generated "dungeon" a dungeon that looks just like the randomly generated dungeons you've been going to since you were level 1.  No thanks, I'll pass.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by Billius8
    //WoW is a nice starter, why not play a more advanced MMO?// When one comes out that doesn't suck, I just might take your advice.  
    Exactly! WoW is a good game, not a great game. I've been playing it on and off since beta and I'm really pretty bored with it. However, no matter what other contemporary game I try, I can't find anything else that comes close.

I have hope for some of the new offerings expected in the next six months. If any of them are as good as WoW, WoW is going to take a real hit. If any are notably better, then we may see the end of WoW as a mega success.

Blizzzard has had two years with no real competition, but they have squandered that time completely. Two years and the first expansion still hasn't hit the stores. Another two years for the second expansion? WoW will be dead. Unless everything else sucks. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Icarus85Icarus85 Member Posts: 9
    I completely agree with the sentiment to try something more advanced. Wow is definatly a carebear game. You have what, all of 5 different classes to try on each side? That is rediculous. EQ has 15. "waaa but what about balance?" @#!* balance. If every class has an equal chance to kill all the other classes, or can kill mobs equally as easily as the other classes, what is the point in having different classes? "wow has the best graphics lol11!" I'd take kunark era EQ graphics over wow's cartoons. Unfortunatly tho, all these rants can only be that. Rants. Because there is no good games out there, so people will continue to play shitty games like WoW. I played wow for maybe 2 months, playing less and less every day. Running from one guy with a "?" over his head to the next guy with a "!" over his head while following your overhead map of where you and everything else is is retarded. I think by "more advanced" our man meant that you arent spoon fed your "quests" Where you actually have to search for the quest NPC and could easily get lost with no overhead map to follow.
  • allistakenallistaken Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Icarus85 
    You have what, all of 5 different classes to try on each side? That is rediculous. EQ has 15. "waaa but what about balance?" @#!* balance. If every class has an equal chance to kill all the other classes, or can kill mobs equally as easily as the other classes, what is the point in having different classes?

Wtf? If there wasnt any balance between the different classes, and if one class was better at killing mobs and other classes, then why the hell would anybody choose any of the other lesser classes? Everybody would be the same powerful classand there wouldnt be any of the necessary races in order to raid... of course there has to be balance unless its not fair, what in the world do you think man?image

• Originally posted by theomega5000

If someone is having fun and really enjoying a game, why should they move on?
  • catalepsycatalepsy Member Posts: 5
    Naxx is the most challenging dungeon in MMORPG history, just ask any raiding guild that played multiple mmos. To say that WoW is not advanced is ridiculous. 

• steve_1988steve_1988 Member Posts: 18
    i agree with u wow is for noobs and starters in mmorpg wow is all qbout item farming lvl 1 to 59 quest, instances all item farming lvl 60 raid raid raid. and many wow players make a big deal about the raid while in other mmo games u can raid at any lvl .classes are unbalanced shadow priest can own any class. its for noobs everything is easy in the game u die no death penalty no loose exp end game suxx