Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really Soloable??

Ok.. I am curious.  How solo-able is this game?

I bought it when it first came out.. dropped the sub after 3 weeks.  Hated trying to find a group for every instance!  Has it really changed much in terms of solo?

And can I get to lvl 10 via all solo?

"...and with that cryptic comment, I'm off to bed!"

Comments

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

Ummm the game is soloable, but i just go solo wen i am w8ing for group, that usualy on my server is realy fast at any time.I play on european servers, they are preaty full

You can go to lvl 12 doing solo but is funier (in my opinion) to do that in group.

tou have much more content today, you just repeat the same dungeon if you want, probaby if you do it all solo you will have to repeat dungeons, because they are much less, and you get less xp on that dungeons

• andykimbrougandykimbroug Member Posts: 36
    can be done.  but I think there are many other better games if you want to solo.  wait for NWN2.  DDO is not a good solo game.  yes it can be done, but that does not mean that it should be done.

-andy

• dgaliendgalien Member Posts: 9
    why you ask for soloing for a massive multiplayer game?

maybe you shloud play gothic, oblivion instead of paying money for a game wich most significant feature is multiplaying.

I'm a slow walker.
    But newer walk backwards -
    Abe Lincoln

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by dgalien
    why you ask for soloing for a massive multiplayer game?

maybe you shloud play gothic, oblivion instead of paying money for a game wich most significant feature is multiplaying.

My reponse, copied and pasted, to this thread: http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/101101:

There's a difference between a single player game and a solo-friendly MMO. 

The one concept that people with the anti-solo mindset don't seem to grasp is that of dependence.  More than anything, people who solo in MMOs don't want to be dependent on other players (specifically to level their characters).  Dependence is restricting, and they enjoy freedom.  You should be able to progress your character at a reasonable speed without joining a party or a clan or whatever. 

Even if you're in an alliance of 100 players, if you log on and everyone else is busy, you solo (it happens in all MMOs).  If the game doesn't support soloing, your time is wasted and you might as well go do something else.  If you've intentionally set aside time to play, you've just kissed your evening goodbye. 

What is wrong with preferring casual and/or occasional interactions with people?  I for one do not play MMOs to make life long friends.  And alot of other people feel the same.  An MMO shouldn't force you to actively seek out other players just to advance your charater.  Too many MMOs do this.  Parties are compulsory.  Clans are near-compulsory.  Dependence is compulsory.  Your freedom to level up by yourself is stripped away.  Make e-friends or go play Oblivion. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't make friends, i'm saying you shouldn't be forced to make friends.  Just because you don't join a clan doesn't mean you won't interact with other players.  I for one tend to have more fun with my enemies. 

• mrbelethmrbeleth Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Greslore
    Ok.. I am curious.  How solo-able is this game?

I bought it when it first came out.. dropped the sub after 3 weeks.  Hated trying to find a group for every instance!  Has it really changed much in terms of solo?

And can I get to lvl 10 via all solo?

i played it from around launch to the middle of september and i don't think it's solo-able. the solo versions of the missions kinda suck and the xp is lousy. no matter what they do to fix things, the game mechanics are still lacking.

in order to slow the level progression of the players, they added all these sub-levels to each level. in order to avoid  leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouths, they reward the player with action points (which unfortunately skew the balance). i mean, why change anything for the MMO when there are already rules in the books for everything they could ever want to include?

i found to solo through dungeons, you basically have to multi-class in fighter just to hold your own in any combat - as you never know when the instance may randomly decide to spawn level 6 or level 8 side-quests in your level 3 mission. otherwise you have to keep running the same few doors over and over again to level up.

the game is intended for groups, but it's hard to find decent people for pick-ups since they started offering the free trials...