Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is FF ganna be on 360?...

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
I forget form where, but i heard that next gen Final Fantasy's are ganna be on 360 and PS 3. is this true?

Comments

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Originally posted by Joshua69
    I forget form where, but i heard that next gen Final Fantasy's are ganna be on 360 and PS 3. is this true?

If you're talking about the main FF13 then the answer is no.  They said it would be impossible even if they wanted to becuase it wouldn't fit on a regular DVD.  Square/Enix keep sounding like they are interested in multi-platform, and yet they haven't committed anything decent except for old FF remakes to any system other than Sony

member of imminst.org

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

The only Final Fantasy game that is on X360 is FFXI and you can only play with other X360 players. You can't see or communicate with players on PC or PS2. As far as any other FF games on X360, let's face it. You can either have a good game, or you can have a game on X360. They don't interchange::::02:: That's why they'll be on PS3.

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

Originally posted by Zorvan

The only Final Fantasy game that is on X360 is FFXI and you can only play with other X360 players. You can't see or communicate with players on PC or PS2. As far as any other FF games on X360, let's face it. You can either have a good game, or you can have a game on X360. They don't interchange::::02:: That's why they'll be on PS3.

wow, that was a biased opinion. Just face it, the Xbox 360 is/will be better than the PS3

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    ugh...now i am forced to buy a PS 3...S O B

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Final Fantasy is nothing but a bunch of flashy garbage masking mediocre gameplay and repetetive storylines...there I said it.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Dont waste your money on a PS3. just remember who your dealing with, Microsoft. They will get FF on the 360

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Why bother? The Final Fantasy franchise hasnt been good since FFX. X-2 was pure shit, FFXI is bleh, all these stupidass FFVII spinoffs are garbage, and the two new ones XII and XIII are just rehashed ideas and storylines. Hell XII is basically FF Tactics with a "new" storyline, and XIII Versus or whatever the hell they are calling it now is just a updated version of Final Fantasy Adventure for the origional Gameboy.

Two of the 360's RPG's, Oblivion and Enchanted Arms, are better than anything Square Enix has offered in the past 4-5 years.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

Originally posted by Spathotan
    Why bother? The Final Fantasy franchise hasnt been good since FFX. X-2 was pure shit, FFXI is bleh, all these stupidass FFVII spinoffs are garbage, and the two new ones XII and XIII are just rehashed ideas and storylines. Hell XII is basically FF Tactics with a "new" storyline, and XIII Versus or whatever the hell they are calling it now is just a updated version of Final Fantasy Adventure for the origional Gameboy.

Two of the 360's RPG's, Oblivion and Enchanted Arms, are better than anything Square Enix has offered in the past 4-5 years.

All of the storylines are derivitive...it didn't take 10 sequals for them to start repeating themselves.

Repetetive story aside, the combat is clunky as hell, and always has been...oh but I forgot, that's just the style.

Give me a break.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

i thought FF X2 was fun as hell, didint even bother with FF 11. even if 12 is a revised version of tactics?...GOOD i thought tactics was great and wouldnt mind playing it for a 50'th time

Originally posted by Draenor

All of the storylines are derivitive...it didn't take 10 sequals for them to start repeating themselves.

Repetetive story aside, the combat is clunky as hell, and always has been...oh but I forgot, that's just the style.

Give me a break.

Ok? Youre responding as if im a grand fanboi of the older FF games. Just because I didnt sit here and list each FF game ever made and my beef with it dosent mean I dont have a shared opinion of them.

No need to correct my post, and no I wont give you a break.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

Give me a break.

Ok? Youre responding as if im a grand fanboi of the older FF games. Just because I didnt sit here and list each FF game ever made and my beef with it dosent mean I dont have a shared opinion of them.

lol I wasn't planning on correcting your post, nor did I with mine...You are getting pretty defensive over something that really wasn't meant as a lash out of any kind.

Give me a break.

lol I wasn't planning on correcting your post, nor did I with mine...You are getting pretty defensive over something that really wasn't meant as a lash out of any kind.

Im not getting defensive, I just dont understand the meaning behind your post. I used to love the FF games but after X came out I just said to myself, "this is bullshit, there are much better RPG's out there". Then I spent a little while reflecting on how shitty they all were, except Tactics.

— Boba Fett

i thought the FF"s were fun and enjoyable. i wasnt much of a fan of 9 or 10, but i played through them.
    and isnt a game just supposed to be fun and enjoyable, thats what i like about FF"s there nothing to special, except for seven and tactics. there simply fun and enjoyable. and i love how they charactors so in depth

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Give me a break.

Im not getting defensive, I just dont understand the meaning behind your post. I used to love the FF games but after X came out I just said to myself, "this is bullshit, there are much better RPG's out there". Then I spent a little while reflecting on how shitty they all were, except Tactics.

Aaahhh Xbots can't even agree with each other...

He was agreeing with your general statment spath... and further digging the grave by implying that FF has been old for a while now...

Speaking of which.. I really dont understand how Oblivion or Enchanted Arms repective storylines are anything near original if you think FF has no original stories.... And while I agree that Oblivion is a great game... i think saying that Oblivion is a 'Xbox360' game is stretching alittle especially since Bethesda is bringing the game out on anything with a power cord....

I understand that you feel the need as Xbots to support your console of choice but saying that Final Fantasy is a bad game is just lieing to yourself...

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

Originally posted by xpyrofuryx
    The only Final Fantasy game that is on X360 is FFXI and you can only play with other X360 players. You can't see or communicate with players on PC or PS2. As far as any other FF games on X360, let's face it. You can either have a good game, or you can have a game on X360. They don't interchange That's why they'll be on PS3.
    wow, that was a biased opinion. Just face it, the Xbox 360 is/will be better than the PS3

Heh heh. Bet you said that when the original Xbox came out against PS2, also.::::15::

Originally posted by xpyrofuryx

The only Final Fantasy game that is on X360 is FFXI and you can only play with other X360 players. You can't see or communicate with players on PC or PS2. As far as any other FF games on X360, let's face it. You can either have a good game, or you can have a game on X360. They don't interchange That's why they'll be on PS3.

Heh heh. Bet you said that when the original Xbox came out against PS2, also.::::15::

My stance on the generations of the consoles were:

when it was Dreamcast vs N64 v PS1 I was pro N64

When it was PS2 vs Xbox vs GameCube I was pro PS2

and now its Wii vs PS3 vs Xbox 360 I am pro Xbox 360

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Final Fantasy X was the last proper, offline, main Final Fantasy we had. So what the hell are you on about?

To everyone saying FFXII and FFXIII being just rehashes and shit: please, spare us of your ignorance. Either read up on it properly (not just one biased site), or don't say anything about it at all. I don't think anyone that says that deserves any FF fan's time to tell them about why they aren't rehashes.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

The only Final Fantasy game that is on X360 is FFXI and you can only play with other X360 players. You can't see or communicate with players on PC or PS2.

I'm not touching the rest of this thread, because I'm not a big FF fan and honestly I don't care if it does/doesn't come out for 360, but I just wanted to correct this blatantly incorrect statement.  I have personally played FFXI for the XBOX 360, and yes, you can play against PC/PS2 players.  Saying you can't is misinformed at best, lying at worst.  I don't care if you don't like the 360, don't lie to try to make your point.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Originally posted by Nihilanth
    The only Final Fantasy game that is on X360 is FFXI and you can only play with other X360 players. You can't see or communicate with players on PC or PS2.
    I'm not touching the rest of this thread, because I'm not a big FF fan and honestly I don't care if it does/doesn't come out for 360, but I just wanted to correct this blatantly incorrect statement.  I have personally played FFXI for the XBOX 360, and yes, you can play against PC/PS2 players.  Saying you can't is misinformed at best, lying at worst.  I don't care if you don't like the 360, don't lie to try to make your point.

Last I'd heard, they couldn't. If that's changed, then fine. Doesn't change that Xrot sucks. And if you're correct, it still makes only one FF game Xrot will ever have. And they got it how many years since FFXI started? Bill couldn't get it for Xbox, what makes ya think he'll get it for 360?

Originally posted by Xzaro

Final Fantasy X was the last proper, offline, main Final Fantasy we had. So what the hell are you on about?

To everyone saying FFXII and FFXIII being just rehashes and shit: please, spare us of your ignorance. Either read up on it properly (not just one biased site), or don't say anything about it at all. I don't think anyone that says that deserves any FF fan's time to tell them about why they aren't rehashes.

Well given that I have played through Final Fantasy 7 and have first hand experience with the game, I wouldn't call my opinions about it ignorant...more like unobjective because I'm not a life long fanboy.

The game is enjoyable for awhile, and has a reasonably good story line, although it's pretty much the same as any other Final Fantasy game, but I concede that it had some origional elements, but the basic premise was still very derivitive.  The characters in the game are so-so, the huge black commando was very out of place, as were a few other minor characters (sneak into a strip club, wtf?)

The Final Fantasy games have their draw, but they are absurdly overrated and the fanboys will love them no matter what, there is no stopping that...but I do have a chance of detering any would-be final fantasy players by giving them an unbiased opinion from someone who has actually played the games.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

The Final Fantasy games have their draw, but they are absurdly overrated and the fanboys will love them no matter what, there is no stopping that...but I do have a chance of detering any would-be final fantasy players by giving them an unbiased opinion from someone who has actually played the games.

I'm sorry, from what I see, you have not given any unbiased opinions. Making negative comments only in your posts is not unbiased. That is biased, believe it or not. To be unbiased you'd have to mention both positives and negatives, without sounding like a troll looking to burn fans. Being in the minority and giving your opinion on something you don't like much anymore, is not being unbiased. Just because you have played, liked, then disliked something, does not make your opinions unbiased. You may think you see both sides of the coin, but not many people can truly do that.

What is the point to trying to stop would-be Final Fantasy fans? Who gains anything? No one. Unless if you are a proffesional reviewer, you should not be trying to do that, unless the game blatantly sucks horribly. If people asked for opinions on games that I didn't like (and had at least average reviews on most known review sites), I would not say "Don't buy it. It has repetitive story and horrible combat system". I would explain why it's repetitive, why it has a bad combat system in my opinion, then let him decide whether or not he will like it or not.

Originally posted by Xzaro

I'm sorry, from what I see, you have not given any unbiased opinions. Making negative comments only in your posts is not unbiased. That is biased, believe it or not. To be unbiased you'd have to mention both positives and negatives, without sounding like a troll looking to burn fans.

I think you have the wrong definition of Bias...someone who has a bias is someone who goes into a situation with a predisposed attitude.  When I first played Final Fantasy, I was more than willing to give it a chance, hell, I even wanted to love the game...but I simply didn't.  The fact that I now give my objective opinion based on my experiences is not bias, it's my informed opinion...I've been playing video games all my life, and I can say beyond all doubt that Final Fantasy is FAR from deserving of all of its fanboy praise.

It doesn't matter though, you're just going to keep spouting off your die hard fanboy garbage and calling my posts flame bait...it's really not flame bait, it's honest opinion, if I wanted to flame you, I wouldn't use words like "disposition" in my post.

remember, just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't make them bias.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

The Final Fantasy games have their draw, but they are absurdly overrated and the fanboys will love them no matter what, there is no stopping that..

Are you talking about Final fantasy or Halo?

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>