Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP in Aion (plz stick to the topic)

CrisnaCrisna Member Posts: 1
I've been palying Guild Wars and Lineage 2 for several months. I like pvp in Lineage because it has a purpose. You have to fight rival clans, for exaple, over castle sieges to earn benefits if you capture it. I stoped playing Guild Wars because pvp there is senseless.
I can't imagin what this PvPvE in Aion could be like.
Any new info about it?

Comments

• KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101
    Well this isn't fresh baked news but it's mostly Angels VS Demons so when you fight I guess you fight for you race in various ways(ex:lineage2 and sealstones events:dusk or dawn) same thing but rather than "dusk" & "dawn" it's "demon" & "angel".

It might but be exactly thee system but it should be close.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    my guess and i hope it is... similar to wow

2 factions where when u walk into one another u pvp etc :)

i hope it has L2's castle seige that would be nice

arena pvp is nice but world pvp owns it any day

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

It really seems very cut and dried (which is more to my liking as I love many things about L2 but would prefer a more streamlined PvP system).

Angels vs Demons (what could be better as others have said) with the dragons being the "neutral" race. If one group gets too powerful the Dragons step in for the overwhelmed side.

I really like open pvp but prefer the faction vs faction over "anyone can kill anyone" model.

I am really looking forward to this game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21
    from the looks of the gameplay vid, looks like it may be open world pvp IE faction vs faction, and as states above the side which gets too powerful will mean that the dragons step in for the weaker side to even things out. i wouldnt reallym ind if it was arena pvp, but yes open pvp pwns anything, takes me back to the time when i played UO on Siege Perilous O.O non-stop action risk and reward system, u bring good shit out with u and ur getting jacked if i catch u slippin lol

• HeavensFeelHeavensFeel Member Posts: 23
    I really don't care if the PVP turns out to be somewhat
    simple. Its just has to allow for the following

- Factions are allowed to talk to each other ( trash talk ) ingame
    none of this take it to forums BS WoW has created.

- Something to fight for. Territory, Castle, Mines, .. something.

- Limited limited instancing. Preferably, none at all. Instancing kills
    clan politics.

• JaredwcooperJaredwcooper Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by HeavensFeel
    Instancing kills clan politics.

Could you elaborate on that? I don't disagree, but I don't quite get how you mean.

"My family tree is losing all it's leaves, crashing toward the driver's seat, the lightning bolt made enough heat to melt the street beneath your feet."

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Since it says PvPvE i guess it will be world PvP wich would be great. Conquering, sieges also cool. I wouldn't agree to limited or no instancing. For instance I, and other ppl i guess, like PvP as much as PvE. It's very nice to work as a team and all gather to bring down an uber boss. I like to think that a mmo opens many posibilities not narrows everything just to PvP.
  • VEG5000VEG5000 Member Posts: 45
    Humm...I want to find out more about the PVPVE concept like clans/guilds can they have both demon and angles in the same clan for PVP and PVE or is it only Angles cna clan/guild up Etc. And then PVP the demon Clans/Guilds... either or I think is fine to me though I just want to find out .
  • acidleakacidleak Member Posts: 33
    eh i have mixed feelings on world pvp. there is nothing that ticks me off more than WoW world pvp. nothing like running around trying to quest at lvl 15 and you get owned by 4 random lvl 60 rogues at the same time (at which point i tell mysellf im uber, they obviously came at me with 4 ppl bc they needed all 4... but you can only tell yourself that so many times as you run back to your corpse for the 150000th time that hour...)

so as long as there isnt the gank factor, world pvp is cool. especially when its faction v faction.
  • lol2dinfamoulol2dinfamou Member UncommonPosts: 4
    its made by ncsoft and thier pvp systems are usually pretty good. like lineage2 thiers world pvp but u have to flag, and if u dont flag and someone kills you thier is a penalty.

• kutekute Member Posts: 4
    check this for the original high quality of these gameplay videos

http://www.aionforums.com/showthread.php?t=17

i cant believe how smooth the game is for a demo.

• birdthegreatbirdthegreat Member Posts: 4
    i would hopefully think pvp is more like lineage 2.   safe zones r a good thing,  i dont want to be shopping for some gear then get 2 shoted by some dickhead.  but pvp should be allowed whereever out side of town, if ur grinding u can get ganked.  there is nothing better than killing a gank group  and laughing at them.
  • gamespawngamespawn Member UncommonPosts: 21
    i just hope its not pvp everywhere...
    for example; ur a lvl 3 yur lvlin in a great area and some high level dude puts a big burning arrow in u
    ===
    thats not fun image
    i mean in some areas it could or what i would like is the system like wow wen a demon commes in to the angelic town then itz fun to kill it xD
    but they shoul have somthin that a angel/demon could do a quest or somthin that they can go in the apossing party's area but can not be killed temporalllyyyy

Aion Looks like its going to be 1 of the greater mmo's

• VEG5000VEG5000 Member Posts: 45
    I am more than 90% positive ther will be safe zones. I think fo the most part the ool thing is what demon would want to walk into a whole area filled with Angles and Vis versa hehe. At higher levels it might be a little tougher but in towns more then likely you will always be safe ^^.
  • jw2252jw2252 Member Posts: 34

I actually want to be able to kill players of our own faction.  That way if someone in my faction is talking shit to me (which we've all experienced in WoW) I could just slap them upside the head with my giant mace of subtle correction. 

Outside of that, I'd love to see a system similiar to L2, kill anyone, anywhere (outside of towns of course) for any reason.  With the proper penalties for ganking and such.  IE maybe you can only drop your own equipment if you die while flagged for ganking?  or maybe if someone kills you while you're flagged for ganking they can loot your corpse and take some amount of gold and maybe an item that you're not currently equipped with. 

lol i know from experience that if they make it pvp overall they'll lose players itz just NOT FUNimage

• jw2252jw2252 Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by gamespawn
    lol i know from experience that if they make it pvp overall they'll lose players itz just NOT FUNimage

Haha, well that's debateable, some of my best MMO experiences were hunting down PKer's that ganked me while I was grinding with friends in L2.  I love open world pvp so long as all the proper penalties and such are in place.  For example in L2 you always have a small chance of dropping your equipment should you die, but if you're a PK'er, the odds of dropping are significantly increased.  I actually earned alot of money by killing PK'ers and selling their gear.  (I haven't played L2 in a long time though so I'm not sure if this is still how it works).

Originally posted by jw2252
    Originally posted by gamespawn
    Haha, well that's debateable, some of my best MMO experiences were hunting down PKer's that ganked me while I was grinding with friends in L2.  I love open world pvp so long as all the proper penalties and such are in place.  For example in L2 you always have a small chance of dropping your equipment should you die, but if you're a PK'er, the odds of dropping are significantly increased.  I actually earned alot of money by killing PK'ers and selling their gear.  (I haven't played L2 in a long time though so I'm not sure if this is still how it works).
       yeah ok if there are penalties...
       but i still hope itz going to be chosen/fallen pvp,
       it would be stupid to kill ur own race wen ur in the middle of a war between the two races
       it would be better that there is only fallen Vs Chosen pvp imageimage

• moyakumoyaku Member Posts: 13
    Hey,

I hope they make it so you can flag up to enable PvP mode. On the other hand, I feel like there should be some areas where you are attackable no matter what but definitely not the entire world ; also some kinds of meaningful fights like sieges in L2 or OPs in SoR would be nice ; these can be fun as long as people keep a grip on themself and behave image.

Moyaku-Sama
    Master n00ber

• OrangeSporkOrangeSpork Member Posts: 20

If this game has good aerial combat, it will be the best mmorpg of all time.  Hopefully it will be like the tribes series but MMO style.

Here is a tribes video.  This is an example of what i am hoping for!!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1724299898399849799&q=tribes+2&hl=en

I will pay 100$ a month if they can get this sort of action into AIon in true MMO style image