Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows the server population these days?

ToastieToastie Member Posts: 3

Has there been an upsurge in new players with the recent marketing efforts or is it still all overcapped char's pwning everyone? I'd like to go back but starting new characters to get all the stuff seems daunting. Is there still a strong TG presence at cycrow?

Comments

• TalamosTalamos Member Posts: 5

the population on the servers is lower then ever, after the BIG Evo 2.1 a cuple of old players left the game, too. This patch is totaly shit, only new weapon models, the old bugs are still there.

• mcos7562mcos7562 Member Posts: 12

The population wont be growing anytime soon either. I tried the trial, I played neocron 1 for a long time and beta tested the second, not too long ago.

Their "Free Trial" has too many faults and is too unsecure to draw any new player base. The new trial is backed by a hole in the wall site which you have to give your CC number to in order to get a free account.

I went through the site and handed my CC number over to play the trial. I get in the trial and I am spawned in an exitable area of the world. Nothing worked (Yes I know of the unstuck commands) and no GM would respond so I couldnt even play the game. I canceled my trial and hour later and said farewell to neocron.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Ahhhh Neocron bless it. Played it long ago and enjoyed it and i often wonder how its doing. There was definately something special about the game, but KK really did suck either that or they ran things on a shoe string budget.

any numbers of players per server floating about here?

• RansomRansom Member Posts: 3

Well here are the average utilisation from the Servers:

Mars ~ 23%
    German 1 Slot Server
    Mercury ~5%
    German 4 Slot Server
    Terra ~26%
    English 4 Slot Server
    Neptun ~ 0%
    English 2 Slot PvP Server

Servers Max ~ 1k

regards ransom

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

the pvp server at 0%?

i though everyone wanted the pvp server.

people used to always be saying the wanted the old days drops etc so why is noone on it?

been contemplating checking NC out again, but those pop figures dont look good

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

It's hard to play on a PVP server when there's nobody to kill.

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88
    so they forced all the french players to move server so they could create a server thats even more dead than the french one was, lol thats funny stuff
  • yungeinsteinyungeinstein Member Posts: 12
    Neocron was my first MMO and it really left an impression on me. The concept of the game is really unique and alluring. The execution, unfortunately, is highly lacking. I will periodically return to the game, downloading the client and activating a new account, only to realize that the game hasn't really changed. The Evo 2.1 release was more of a band-aid than anything else, since a lot of old bugs were still in game. Server populations were really low the last time I was there, which makes it really hard to get anything crafted. I'm pretty sure that I won't be going back as the last time really left a bad taste with me, which is too bad seeing as I would have really liked the concept.

• JestunhiJestunhi Member UncommonPosts: 40

Originally posted by ezza

the pvp server at 0%?
    i though everyone wanted the pvp server.
    peoplre saying the wanted the old days drops etc so why is noone on it?
    been contemplating checking NC out again, but those pop figures dont look good

People wanted a good PvP server.

What they got was a server full of LE's.

Full of PPU's and stealth abusers.

A server which still had warzones with no item drop.

Basically a server with 50% PvP ruleset. A half measure doomed to failure before it even began.

The [b]real[/b] question it what did we expect?
  • amaunatoramaunator Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by yungeinstein
    Neocron was my first MMO and it really left an impression on me. The concept of the game is really unique and alluring. The execution, unfortunately, is highly lacking. I will periodically return to the game, downloading the client and activating a new account, only to realize that the game hasn't really changed. The Evo 2.1 release was more of a band-aid than anything else, since a lot of old bugs were still in game. Server populations were really low the last time I was there, which makes it really hard to get anything crafted. I'm pretty sure that I won't be going back as the last time really left a bad taste with me, which is too bad seeing as I would have really liked the concept.

I second that exactly. I often think of Neocron 1 and the NC2 trials I use to play every 6 months or so and I just wish that KK would someday release a more balanced, bug free Neocron3 with better sounds, gfx and ambient music and stuff... I'd definately buy an account!
  • ZoneseeKZoneseeK Member Posts: 48

The company behind neocron has never really succeeded in anything they've done to the game, what makes you think that they would have succeeded in making a pvp server?

Right a pvp server with LEd people running around..aka people with PVP turned off. Hell everquest and world of warcraft are more hardcore then neocron's pvp server. Hahahha.

Another blonder. Anyone surprised? Not me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by StanLee2

I have to weigh in also. Neocrap 1 and 2 are both terrible.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• theomega5000theomega5000 Member Posts: 22
        I want to say that Neocron is still a good game.
    Level up a bit to around /35, then try to get into a clan. YOU MUST
    find someone/someone's to help with this game on a lower turn. If you
    get help, work hard, and enjoy yourself, this game is still great. The
    PROBLEM with the game is about 200-300 people that are "drifters".

I have seen these "drifters" in AO and WoW also.
    They are people who say "oh, I like this game, but what about the
    problems, the lag, the community" and so on, and never come back to the
    game. This really hurts AO/NC in the fact that these games are both
    suffering low server base.

On a final note, DO NOT GIVE UP on Neocron. This
    game is good, even if you don't find 100 people to kill, find a clan,
    they will probably pvp, or find a friend or two, you will not get the
    feeling of being able to gank 100 people at an OP war but, you will be
    another person who comes back, and when more and more come back, this
    game can start to make more adjustments w/ a larger staff, and in turn
    may be able to advertise w/ an expansion again.

Originally posted by theomega5000
    I want to say that Neocron is still a good game.
    Level up a bit to around /35, then try to get into a clan. YOU MUST
    find someone/someone's to help with this game on a lower turn. If you
    get help, work hard, and enjoy yourself, this game is still great. The
    PROBLEM with the game is about 200-300 people that are "drifters". I have seen these "drifters" in AO and WoW also.
    They are people who say "oh, I like this game, but what about the
    problems, the lag, the community" and so on, and never come back to the
    game. This really hurts AO/NC in the fact that these games are both
    suffering low server base. On a final note, DO NOT GIVE UP on Neocron. This
    game is good, even if you don't find 100 people to kill, find a clan,
    they will probably pvp, or find a friend or two, you will not get the
    feeling of being able to gank 100 people at an OP war but, you will be
    another person who comes back, and when more and more come back, this
    game can start to make more adjustments w/ a larger staff, and in turn
    may be able to advertise w/ an expansion again.

The amount of staff doesn't metter... all the staff who have a clue quit or get fired.

I fully expect the "balancing" patch to be as successful as SoE was with NGE on SWG.

And this is coming from someone who played since closed beta, and was crowned by ReaKKtor as a "Master of the Universe" in the last official tourny.

• bubbaabubbaa Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Actually, thinking about it, perhaps Neocron was doomed from the start.

The problem with Neocron is that it allows a handful of griefers to destroy
    the game. Even when people are not outright cheating with modified clients and
    other hacks, somebody out to cause trouble could cause dozens, perhaps hundreds of newbies, trialists and
    even established players to quit. Reakktor's attitude was "Well, it's a lawless
    cyberpunk universe... not everybody is going to be nice." Well, that's fine if
    you have an unlimited supply of people signing up for the game. That's fine if people are willing to deal with
    complete f**ks when they are supposed to be playing something for relaxation and
    amusement.

There were some real meatheads playing Neocron the last time I played it properly. You
    wondered how they even managed to understand the controls and complexities of
    the game. They would level up the max, and then just grief non stop until they
    got bored or were kicked. Absolutely remorseless.
    I've been a server admin in my day and you would come across these guys. Reason
    wouldn't work (of course), threats... nothing, banning... they would change IP,
    ban an IP range... and they would even change ISP to get back online cause
    trouble. That's some impressive commitment to being a c**t. With Neocron, it's
    not like you could just change server to get away from them.

Well, maybe that's just me. Perhaps some
    people enjoy that sort of thing. However, WOW, an essentially carebear type of
    game = 6 million subscribers. A$$hat friendly Neocron = 2000.

Originally posted by bubbaa
    Actually, thinking about it, perhaps Neocron was doomed from the start.
    The problem with Neocron is that it allows a handful of griefers to destroy
    the game. Even when people are not outright cheating with modified clients and
    other hacks, somebody out to cause trouble could cause dozens, perhaps hundreds of newbies, trialists and
    even established players to quit. Reakktor's attitude was "Well, it's a lawless
    cyberpunk universe... not everybody is going to be nice." Well, that's fine if
    you have an unlimited supply of people signing up for the game. That's fine if people are willing to deal with
    complete f**ks when they are supposed to be playing something for relaxation and
    amusement.
    There were some real meatheads playing Neocron the last time I played it properly. You
    wondered how they even managed to understand the controls and complexities of
    the game. They would level up the max, and then just grief non stop until they
    got bored or were kicked. Absolutely remorseless.
    I've been a server admin in my day and you would come across these guys. Reason
    wouldn't work (of course), threats... nothing, banning... they would change IP,
    ban an IP range... and they would even change ISP to get back online cause
    trouble. That's some impressive commitment to being a c**t. With Neocron, it's
    not like you could just change server to get away from them.
    Well, maybe that's just me. Perhaps some
    people enjoy that sort of thing. However, WOW, an essentially carebear type of
    game = 6 million subscribers. A$$hat friendly Neocron = 2000.

[sarcasm]YEAH! Every game ever made should have no PvP and should just copy WoW![/sarcasm]

"Griefing" is a word thrown about by people who get killed.

PvP in Neocron is 100% consential. Capped players can be invulnerable to PvP if they use an LE.

Anyone who suggests a popup box clearly stating the effects of the removal of the LE... they have my full support.

However anyone wanting all the games to be carebear... I do not.

• bubbaabubbaa Member UncommonPosts: 12

The term griefer as I
    understand it is just used to refers to somebody that causes trouble. There are
    plenty of ways to cause trouble in Neocron besides killing other players. For
    example: I've seen the whole Neocron economy blow to hell by a few people that
    used a duplication cheat to make billions, and then gave it all away. Nice guys
    you might think, but when everybody is a multi millionaire, the game loses a lot
    of it's meaning.

However, I take your
    point, and you are probably right. I was just mulling over what caused the
    failure of Neocron and I guess it was a whole bag of factors. The a$$hats didn't
    help, you have to admit that.

Originally posted by bubbaa
    The term griefer as I
    understand it is just used to refers to somebody that causes trouble. There are
    plenty of ways to cause trouble in Neocron besides killing other players. For
    example: I've seen the whole Neocron economy blow to hell by a few people that
    used a duplication cheat to make billions, and then gave it all away. Nice guys
    you might think, but when everybody is a multi millionaire, the game loses a lot
    of it's meaning.However, I take your
    point, and you are probably right. I was just mulling over what caused the
    failure of Neocron and I guess it was a whole bag of factors. The a$$hats didn't
    help, you have to admit that.

Indeed... many people quit crying because they chose to remove their LE's and someone killed them.

However far more wquit due to bugs / stupid decidions by KK.