Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW community owns EQ2 community.

sayuri2006sayuri2006 Member Posts: 161

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad?

You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests.

In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc..

I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there.

Go WOW; for the horde!!

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Originally posted by sayuri2006

/sarcasm on
    You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests.
    In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc..
    I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there.
    Go WOW; for the horde!!
    /sarcasm off

fixed

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59
    Why are you not posting this in the WoW forums?
  • lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

One guess as to which race the OP plays!

Well, in all fairness to the OP, he/she may have had a bad experience starting out in EQ2 and is therefore expressing his/her frustration. 

One thing to keep in mind is that there are many servers, each with their own community and some are more helpful and mature than others.  The time of day you play and your own willingness to seek for help also make a difference in the amount of friendly helpfulness you will get. 

My suggestion to the OP, if he/she is still interested in playing EQ2 at all, is to try creating characters on a couple of different servers just to get a feel for the community and don't be shy in asking for help.

I personally play on Lucan Dlere because I find that the roleplaying community is a bit more mature than most and because I love to roleplay myself.  That said, you have to be aware that there are immature players in all these games and on all the servers, but in my experience at least, a great majority of the EQ2 community has been mature, freindly, and helpful.

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

Go WOW; for the horde!!

this is obviously a blatant attempt at trapping the EQII community to start in on a flame war.  im calling u out.  plz every1 dont respond to this troll.  there is no point, he/she only wants to draw u into a flame war to get u to look like an ass for stooping to his/her lvl.  dont bite.  for the record, ive played WOW, and sry but u r mistaken.

Oo and mods, could u plz lock and/or delete this topic as it is obvious as a trap being that its actually on a EQII forum.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Hahaha. HAhahahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHA!!!. Ha, ha... *catches some breath* Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahaa! Hahahahaha! HA! HA! HA! HA! HAA!. HAhahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahhahaha!. *sniff*, Hah. Hehe. HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahaha! Hah... hah... haha... hah... HAHAHAHAHA!... oh ... sorry, you're kidding right? image

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

I do believe Durahell is laughing at the original post, Plano, not your reply.
    i think ur right.......

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    I have run into idiots ansd imature people people in both world of warcraft and everquest, you'll have idiots and morons wherever any large congregation of people meet, and the more people the more idiots, face it people are idiotic and moronic, just a basic fact. Though my experiences when i played wow were far more disapointing than my eq2 experiences, but hey , that was my personal experience.

playing eq2 and two worlds

pretty much the same for me

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Go WOW; for the horde!!

nice try but i played wow for 6 months and i now play everquest2 since then and your so so wrong all this op is trying to do is bait , oh and btw are you so bored you need a way to get atttention .

Originally posted by PlanoMM
    i think ur right.......

Gee I thought it was obvious enough?

$OE lies list
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

Originally posted by DuraheLL

i think ur right.......

Gee I thought it was obvious enough?

obviouslyimage

playing eq2 and two worlds

well, hummmm......u posted a laughing comment right after mine without quoting anything.  how is that obvious?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad? You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests. In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc.. I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there. Go WOW; for the horde!!
    WoW is FAR FAR more immature than EQ2. In fact, EQ2 is a better game all around.

well, hummmm......u posted a laughing comment right after mine without quoting anything.  how is that obvious?
    Because "un-quoted" messages oftenly referes to the original poster?

$OE lies list
    "

notice that this message is not quoted, and im not talking to the OPer.

anyway, no need to get into it with u, sry for the miscommunication.  notice that i didnt start a fight with u about it.  in fact, i even agreed with some1 that said u were prolly replying to the OP, so i dont even know y were even going into this.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      I played EQ2 when it first came out but dumped it after 2 months. I played WoW for 2 years and finally had to dump it because it has a terribly immature community. Now I've played alot of mmo's and WoW has by far the worst community out there. If it wasnt for all the pre-pubescent punks masking their inferiority complexes behind foul attitudes, it would be a great game.

notice that this message is not quoted, and im not talking to the OPer. anyway, no need to get into it with u, sry for the miscommunication.  notice that i didnt start a fight with u about it.  in fact, i even agreed with some1 that said u were prolly replying to the OP, so i dont even know y were even going into this.
    Np the thread is cr*p anyways so doesn't matter how much you litter in it ^^ I just wish threads like these could get removed right away.

$OE lies list
    "

agreed.

on topic tho, when u think about it tho, WOW has the worst community not because theyre ALL immature, but because there r more of them all.  think about it, 6 million subs. , ur bound to have alot of kiddies in that number.  when u compare that to other mmos out there, of course ur going to think that the whole community is cr*p compared.  this is not even taking into account that WOW is geared directly at the kiddies with the cartoon graphics and such.

PlanoMM:
    Well, all my personal experience with different MMO communities have resulted into many various results.

It's either bad or good. Plain and simple. When it's bad, it doesn't matter HOW bad, since it will still be just bad. I'd not say that WoW has a worse community due to the amount of people playing it. Since so many are seperated into different servers. But of course a wider audience widens the possibilities of how many weirdoes that are out there.

The only thing that really can break it all down is one standing fact, cheating! And in WOW there are thousands of accounts being hacked and robbed... I know about 30 people playing WoW, and 5 of them has had their accounts hacked! One of them has had it TWICE!

If we are to compare with EQ2... which I think is absolutely redicilous... there is nothing to compare AT - ALL. The OP must really be a rude person or something since everyone seems to avoid him.

Also you must respect the differences of the games. Whatever he said about people giving away free stuff is just bull----. That all depends and we all know you can't just say "people are more kind towards noobs in WOW".

I sence that the middle age of a EQ2 player is somewhere between 18-30. And in wow it's more like 11-20... That is true, and due to the extremely shallow depth in story and so forth people just doesn't care about stuff like roleplaying... either way, there ain't gonna be any real RP'ing since WoW ain't made that way. You can call a game a Roleplaying game because you level up and beat stuff, but a TRUE roleplaying game contains much more stuff than that. Such as sandboxing and tons of stuff that really might not matter that much, but they are just there, for roleplaying purpouses.

So overall, the Bad communities I've experienced so far are:
    Flyff, Guild Wars, WoW, Runescape.

And the Good ones:
    Star Wars Galaxies, EQ2, DaoC.

And so on.

$OE lies list
    "

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378

WoW="Nub" "Noob "ZOMG" "PWNZORS" "FTW" FTL" "QQ" "o.O" "LAWL" "OH NOEZ"
    WoW is the worst community I have every dealt with in a game.  I would say the player base is aged with 6-18 idiots and the occasional 18-25 immature idiots.

You don't have any Epics your a what they call "nub" which is also misspelled hence idiots. 
    You don't have a epic mount your called a "nub".

I hate the way everything is based on gear in WoW... just sucks...end game is just boring and repetitive... PVP grinding is just so freaking boring it makes you want to pull your hair out..not fun at all. 

WoW is just filled with children... the community gets worse around 2:30pm-11:00pm when all the kids(idiots) get back from school. 

I have never ran into any of that in EQ2. All the players I have interacted with in EQ2 were friendly, helpfull and you could actually hold a conversation with them. 

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

It really depends on when you strarted to play the game. I first played wow as soon as it came out - so I found the community was awesome - because everyone was new and just figuring things out.

When I started EQ2 it was laready a year or 2 old - so most low lvl players were alts.

And most people rolling alts are just interested in lvling and not exploring , making guilds wet...

The best time in any mmo is durign open beta and the first few months of launch.

True for any game.

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad? You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests. In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc.. I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there. Go WOW; for the horde!!
    Don't even have to type anything but *laugh*

Good joke!

Cheers.