Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

open beta 4

does anyone know when it is going to come out?

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

No idea when they'll do beta 4 but i've heard there will not be an "Open Beta" for this game.

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542
    hmmm whell i was reading something the other day on there site that said that open beta would be open

mabey i was mistaken

Originally posted by Copeland
    No idea when they'll do beta 4 but i've heard there will not be an "Open Beta" for this game.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

Originally posted by achellis
    hmmm whell i was reading something the other day on there site that said that open beta would be open

mabey i was mistaken

Open beta will be open....... I just don't think they have said that would be beta 4 ;)
    oh alright thnx alot :) x infinity

im so AMPED for this game im going to buy a new computer

lol

• redavniredavni Member Posts: 72
    From what I have read, beta 4 will be just be a bigger closed beta, and Beta 5 is going to be the openish beta. 

Originally posted by redavni
    From what I have read, beta 4 will be just be a bigger closed beta, and Beta 5 is going to be the openish beta. 

beta 5

who does beta 5

i think there only doing 4

• TayemTayem Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by redavni

beta 5

who does beta 5

i think there only doing 4

Sigil does.

are you sure about that?

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

are you sure about that?

I think this is what you are looking for.   Beta 5 info

Originally posted by dragonace
    are you sure about that?

says nothing about beta 5

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

It also says there won't be an open beta. There will be alot of testers invited for phase 6. It will be a stress test not a prolonged period for you to do a trial. It should happen the week before release. I'd say late February early March of 07.

Originally posted by dragonace
    are you sure about that?

says nothing about beta 5

I guess this is the part I was referring to.  From 4.8 of the link I posted.

"
    Beta for Vanguard will likely be 5 phases, not 4 as originally planned
    Source: Aradune Mithara May 3, 2006"
  • lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

beta 4 is supposed to still be closed beta, coninueing to correct perisitant problems, and to start testing PvP. rumor says the a few more races will be openen up at that time, which beta 4 was scheduled to hit mid November, but is never a set date, if things are not where they want them to be at that time, they will not move into beta 4.

With that said, beta 5 was not said to be open beta, they were originally hoping to get a large portion of the vanguard forum users into beta 5, but said they could not promise they would get everyone in.

Then with the release of the pre-order promotional information, it stated that with the pre-order you can get into the final phase open beta.  So maybe they are going to add a breif beta 6 which will be open to the public for a week or two?

Not so nice guy!

It also says there won't be an open beta. There will be alot of testers invited for phase 6. It will be a stress test not a prolonged period for you to do a trial. It should happen the week before release. I'd say late February early March of 07.

They always stated there will be no open beta, but then the promo for pre-order says it will include a pass to the open beta...

Not so nice guy!

• terrifiedterrified Member Posts: 143

then why did i see a post from a sigil employing stating that the first stage of public beta (aka open beta) is goign to beign soon on their forums?

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?t

must be registered to forums (thier forums) to view

Originally posted by terrified

then why did i see a post from a sigil employing stating that the first stage of public beta (aka open beta) is goign to beign soon on their forums?

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?t

must be registered to forums (thier forums) to view

If you notice that post was made on july 2 of 2005. That was the first part of public testing, AKA beta, external testing. Rather then Alpha, or internal testing.

It was a poorly worded post, but the intention was pretty clear, that was beta 1. they are now in beta 3, with word that beta 4 is comming soon.

Not so nice guy!

• PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364

Will there be a free trial period to test the game after the game goes live.   If not sounds like they a hiding something.  
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by Porfat

Will there be a free trial period to test the game after the game goes live.   If not sounds like they a hiding something.  

LOL... or they're like most MMO's and don't have a trial at launch. In fact, the only MMO's I've ever heard that have done that are Turbine's.

Also, this will be a 24 Gig game... that alone makes a Trial unlikely...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

to be honest, even though there wont be a totally open beta there going to need so many testers at one point that the odds of you getting an invite will be really good.

they just recently started inviting people within the last couple weeks from the forum pools so be looking out for that beta invite to come soon. ::::19::

I didn't mind how EQ2 did it with their Trial of the Isle.  I know some people didn't like the fact that you were limited in what you could do, but for me it gave me enough insight into the game to  see if I would like it or not.

I agree that a normal trial for a 24 GB game is most likely not going to happen.  Granted they may be able to shave some off that size, but it'lll still be bigger than any other game I've loaded to date.

• solymnarsolymnar Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by lordtwisted
    They always stated there will be no open beta, but then the promo for pre-order says it will include a pass to the open beta...

If it was really an open beta you wouldn't need a pass.  ;)

The ideas that are blurring things are twofold.

1) NDA comes down durring beta 5 making the information of beta 5 "public"

2) Beta 5 is ment to stress test the network, billing and infrastructure and thus will be inviting tens of thousands of players to max things out and find out where the weaknesses are etc.  In short many of the people who want to try durring beta 5 will get in, making it feel openish.

That being said beta 5 is still not an open beta.  There are a limited (though not overly) number of seats that will be doled out.  But the information of beat 5 will be public since there will no longer be an NDA.  So its openish but not technically an "open beta". 

Hope that clears things up.  :)

• bigbardbigbard Member Posts: 16
    I just recieved a beta invite and I wont be able to enter until november 1st, maybe thats beta 4??

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by bigbard
    I just recieved a beta invite and I wont be able to enter until november 1st, maybe thats beta 4??

VERY interesting that it gave you a date. You may right...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!