Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

great game community

PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

i just have to say something here.  last night was the first time since i started playing EQII that i grouped up with any1.  not because i am unsocial, just because i was doing the quests and such.  i enjoy just exploring the game that im playing.  anyway, i grouped up with 4 other ppl and we went to BB just for alittle while to 1. complete some quests that we all started, and 2. because some1 said that the xp there was good.  so anyway, we go and everything is going great.  were talking and such and killing and lvling.  and just out of the blue, one guy says if u need it, ill make u a full set of armor for ur lvl if u want.  well, i just thought he was just saying it.  u know some ppl in other games promise u this and promise u that, and what they really mean is, if i do something for u, u better b ready when i need something.  so i didnt really think anything more about it until today when i checked me mail, and lo and behold, there sits a complete(emphasis) set of armor for me lvl and class.  no strings attached.  now ive played just about every game out there.  and ive been very friendly and considerate in every game that ive played, many times to a fault even.  and ive never met some1 that would go that far to help some1 else that they just met the night b4, and for no other reason than just to b nice.

now i know that some1 is going to say it, "that doesnt mean that all EQII players r that nice".  and ur right.  but still its nice to know that there r some decent considerate kind-hearted ppl out there that will bendover backwards to help some1 else out.  btw, i checked, if i were to buy the set on the broker, i would have had to spend over 50 gold to get the full set.  to some that nothing, but for me thats about 49 times more than what i had to work with.

i wanted to point this random act of kindness out because of several reasons.  but one especially, i came from a f2p game called Hero Online b4 i came to EQII.  and it was a daily thing to have to deal with ur killstealers, lurers, macroers, bots, and general all around jerks.  and not just from the kiddies that played it, also from the middle age ppl that played the game "professionally".  and when some1 does something like this, i feel it is noteworthy.

i encourage any1 that has a similar story to post it here.  as always all feedback is welcome, but plz, i shared a positive exp.  plz dont feel u have to tear it apart and overanalyse and pour a ton of negetivity into this thread just to b mean.  just remember, if its not constructive, y say it.

Comments

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

wtg man, i have a simialar situation happen to me, this fellow in another guild i might add, walked up to me when we were grouped and gave me a lvl 60ish legendary sword, i was like holy crap!! ty, I have now retired my morning star and only use this sword, he didnt want nothing, pr ask me for anythign, we do party now quite a bit and chat on vent, it was really cool of him.

Some people are just nice, and some people suck, its like that in any crowd,

playing eq2 and two worlds

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I know, isn't it cool? I've had that happen to me before. I just love the community in EQ2.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203
    Yep the game and the community is so much fun that the people rather spend their time posting here then playing the game.
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    lol, always the same 2 ppl, *sigh*, if u must know, i have 2 puters side by side, and i play the game on one and post here on the other.  hope that clears it up for ya.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by PlanoMM
    lol, always the same 2 ppl, *sigh*, if u must know, i have 2 puters side by side, and i play the game on one and post here on the other.  hope that clears it up for ya.

Another sign the eq2 game is far to noobish. Good games should take 100% concentration.
    lol, plz examine ur own post.........cant find anything else degrading to say so u choose the stupidest thing to say.  Oo and when im actually doing something other than crafting and shopping ingame, i usually dont post at the same time.  Oo and i dont know any game on the market that u cant run 2 puters on at the same time and have probs doing it.  i used to fight mobs in a pt on FFXI and chat online with friends on this puter at the same time.  u gonna say that FFXI is noobish now?  face it, ur running out of griefing things to say, and getting stupid spilled all over u.  stop b4 u get hurt.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    I agree the community is great.  Probably wouldnt be playing today if it wasnt.  Cant have a great game without a great community.
  • XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

I remember quite some time ago standing on the docks in Qeynos Harbor, someone was desparate for a bit of change to buy a boat ticket.  This was back before they changed the travel system to be as easy as it is now and you had to buy a ticket to lots of different places. 

I happily gave the person 15 gold just because I was pretty well off and figured they needed some extra coin.  The next day that same person found me on the docks and gave me a plat!  I was shocked and tried to decline the trade but she was insistent and opened the trade again, this time adding the 15 gold that I had given her to the 1 plat.  I thought that was very nice.  Never saw her again , but it gave me a good feeling about the people I play with.

Another experience I had way back when I was like a level 12 newbie on my first character: I went into Blackburrow for the first time, not knowing that you should be a bit higher level to go there, and I fell into the water from the bridge and somehow ended up in the spider cave, where I was instantly eaten alive.  Of course that meant I lost a spirit shard down there and had no way to retrieve it on my own. (Spirit shard loss has since been removed from the game)  The next day I was sitting in Willow Woods outside the inn when a nice looking paladin happened by and said hello and asked how my day was going.  I explained that it wasn't going too well because I was missing my spirit shard and couldn't get it on my own.  He was about level 25 as I recall and volunteered to go with me to get my shard.  Him being grouped with me completetly greyed out the mobs in the zone and made it possible for me to get my shard safely.  I have found many people just this willing to help since that day, but he was probably the first.

I have an excellent guild that I am a member of and the great majority of them are this kind of people. 

thats great, keep the stories coming.  this is what im talking about.  sure u might find one or two ppl like this in other games.  but usually in other games the jerks out number the good guys by a ratio too high to even mention.  so its nice to know that that doesnt have to b the case.

notice that since the griefer is gone the overall tone of the EQII forums here, is much brighter and more positive.  funny and ironic thing is, she claimed to b a "lobbiest" for the EQII community.  guess the lobbiest got banned from these forums.  or maybe she just decided to grow up and stop griefing us.  either way, im really glad to b apart of this great community.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Yeah and glad of it. 

• BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253
    I agree.  And I also would say that the guilds in EQ2 are little more refined and mature as well.  There are a lot of helpful people on.  My guild Booyah on Bazaar helped me tremendously.  In fact in the spirit of helpfulness, look for us if you are on that server and need a good group of people.
  • boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

booyah r a gr8 bunch of people, i play on bazaar as well if you have any people that want in the earhtlord group im havbing today at 3pm est let me know i have 2 spots open m8, we plan on doing him for a good 4 hours and then try young dragon after that. The only stipulation is that you be lvl 65 or better.

cheers hagglyimage

playing eq2 and two worlds