Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

questions regarding this game

pjking303pjking303 Member Posts: 86

hi there folks.  i'm doing some research on this game and would really appreciate it if somebody could list the playable races,  classes and servers.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Races = Amarr, Minmatar, Caldari and Gallente

Classes = none the skill system means anyone can train anything.

Servers = Tranquility (live server), test server (forgotten the name if it has one) and a Server for China to open sometime soon (they have funny laws regarding the internet).

best to go to www.eve-online.com to find out about the only MMORPG that comes close to a dirty weekend with Meg Ryan!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419

Each race has 3 sub-races.

Classes? yuk.....

Servers, only one Eve for everyone. (except China)

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

I'm a level 58 Amarr Rouge

::::01::

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by SnaKey

I'm a level 58 Amarr Rouge

I'll pwn joo widt mi clvl 61 Ni-Kurni Apostle!!1

I want to do some research on the Sun.  Can someone tell me what it's made of...please?

hehe Couldn't resist. :P

EVE is open ended.  It's a sandbox with boundries.  You play as you wish without being forced into anything specific.  You go where you want as you want when you want.  The only thing that might dictate your game options if "you" and the pilots you meet ingame.

• pjking303pjking303 Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Jhughesy

Classes? yuk.....
    Servers, only one Eve for everyone. (except China)

haha tell me about it.  i stopped playing swg as soon as it became class orientated

Thanks alot guys image

any chance you could name the sub-races?
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by pjking303
    any chance you could name the sub-races?

Great now I got to look those up image

Caldari
        Civire
        Deteis
        Achura

Gallente
        Gallente
        Intaki
        Jin-Mei

Amarr
        Amarr
        khanid
        Ni-Kunni

minmatar
        Sebistor
        Vherokir
        Bruto

thanks again peeps

http://www.eve-online.com/races/

^ That list doesn't include the new Asian Sub-Races

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • |Scorp||Scorp| Member Posts: 29
    also, another tip is to pick one of the new asain bloodlines, they are 10x better than the standard bloodlines IMO. The main 3 Attributes that you want to look for when you're making a character is Perception, Memory, and Intelligence, those will help you train the required skills to fly your ships very effectively. Have charisma as an afterthought unless you know you want to be a mission runner, or a command ship pilot.

• XXenXXen Member Posts: 88
    With Kali Charisma is getting more important, as the gangsize now depends on the Leadership skills,
    which have, like at the moment, at least charisma in the most secondary attributes there.
    Anyway, Implants and Learning skills can undo a lot

Thanks again folks /tiphat
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I am also an SWG exile though thankfully I left just before the CU. I found the skill system to be far better than anything even SWG offered at the time, and it's an open ended sand box. If you ever played Elite this is based on that but X 1,000,000,000 :)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

intresting, i might have to give eve a try then

Word of advice:
    EVE is not a carebear game. There are carebears in the game but I don't know why they play. All they do is mine and rat in high sec.

There are people who CALL themselves carebear.... but really they are just anti-pirates.

edit: I said "low sec" stupid me

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
    so is there forced pvp?  if so i'll hunt carebears 24/7 image
  • Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

There is no way to avoid being attacked by other players or getting destroyed. There are "secure" areas that have repercusions for starting unprovoked combat, but nothing to guarentee your safety 100%.

Its always carebear season!

//insert sig here
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Just watch out some of us carebears have some Teethimage

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by SnaKey

Word of advice:
    EVE is not a carebear game. There are carebears in the game but I don't know why they play. All they do is mine and rat in high sec.

There are people who CALL themselves carebear.... but really they are just anti-pirates.

edit: I said "low sec" stupid me

What Snakey is "trying" to say is:  EVE is based upon the foundation of a free willing PvP environment.  Even if you attempt to avoid it, "it" will eventually find you.  As well, trying to mine resoruces in Empiure space (High Security) will only allow a tiny fraction of game play which EVE has to offer. 

To help prevent losses adopt the mindset that if it's fitted and your flying it then it's already destroyed.   there's nothing more stupid then pilots who get into a Battleship 'sc they've learned teh skills yet they can't even afford the inusrance. 

If you do want to "explore" the confines of Empire space and avoid some of the wars in 0.0 (Low sec is actually more dangerous at times) learn the market (it's gettinga  new interface soon) and try to identrify items which could be traded at a profit.  Run missions till level 2 then start seeking a corporation which shares a like minded set of gaming values. 

If you're older then 25years old and like free choice of options try checking out www TheOldersGamers Com.  Members of TOG who play EVE are not required to join the TOG corp and provide active forums for discussions along with contacts in many other online games.  (this goes for anyone who's interested in a mature online gaming community.)