Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest 2 Repetive or exciteing

13»

Comments

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    lillian, ur being as insulting as hell, ive reported u.  enough is enough.  weve all let u rant and rave and go on and on about how awful this game is.  frankly, im getting fed up with ur condesending, rude, know-it-all, insulting, and just plain bad attitude in every post.  there is a difference in posting what u dont like about a game and flat out running a game and player base into the ground.  if u really want to know y u were banned from the official EQII forums, go back and reread some of ur posts lately.  i know i dont have to wonder y.

Originally posted by boognish75

Originally posted by lillin

EQ2 is a fine game, there is hundreds of quests ot enable you xp for lvl'ing ( welcome to FedEx Recruitment Test), also you may grind if you wihs the choce is yours,( the choice is yours, until you notice everyone else is in the end game) being in a guild has its advantages as well, guilds have a reason in eq2, ( if you want faster horses then 40% or what ever it is in the stables, then leveling your guild to 30ish will help) you can lvl your guild mine atm is lvl 27 and i have a lvl 70 palladin ( on the bazaar server, ie ...... buy your way through the game), there are 2 expansions ( buy EoF will probally come with other expansions since most retailers do not stock eq2 original or dof anymore), one on the way ( EoF ), and 3 adventure packs out so content is not an issue ( i agree content was not an issue when designing these adventure packs, 5 to 9 dollars for each one by the way), it is group orientated in a lot of instances, and also there is high end raid content, and raid content through out the lvls, they are called epics, they go from lvl 19-lvl72 epics and require multiple group encounters to defeat , htere is also a cple systems called achievement system (aa grinding), and the belief system coming next month in the expansion ( more aa grinding), these allow you to put points into ceartain skills where you desire to enhance your char (your chars will all be the same in the long run).
    I would recamend this game to people who like questing and whom like content ( i wouldn't, that would be false advertising), also the adornemnt crafting system is coming next expansion, this will allow crafters to rip down armor and weapons to retrieve components to make adornement pieces for weps and armor, as well as player cloaks (make ya use crafters to augment items, this wont last long). Need more help contace Haggly on the bazaar server, i run the guild order of storms and am blessed to have many nice fun outgoing people in my guild, we also have ventrilo. ( yall must be rich, level 70 toons, nice gear, and ventrilo all on the buy your toon server, i was wondering what is the return policy on a toon you buy that ya dont like? )

lillin yer funny, lol, i find the best way to get aa points at lvls pre 70 is to find and turn in collections, finish hallmark quest, find looted antique treasures, and visit locations and land markers, all these give aa xp, as well as adventure xp, of course after lvl 70 when yer adventure xp is maxed ALL xp goes to the aa xp conversion and goes very fast. Illin you turd btw, i did not buy my toon, i transferred it from crushbone to play with my wife over a year ago, you must be blinded with dental floss if you can nolt open your eyes to think that people always buy stuff if there on the bazaar server, hell man i didnt even know it was a auction server, and i still have not used it, all my stuff is made or looted tyvm. You are the kind of delusional person that scares em, maybe i should warn soe of a disgruntled player lol, . i hope i dont read about you on the news as a gun toting freak that goes on a shooting spree through soe's eq2 headquartes, lol, you hold a very VERY unhealthy grudge towards eq2 for some unkown reason, if it is because you dont enjoy the game man then just get the hell out of the threads for the eq2 forumns, as it is displaying some very unhealthy quality's of yer charecteristics as a human being. theres meds for peeps like you lol.

well said.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

Report me all ya like plano, sorry the truth hurts your feelings.

I guess if my account did get canceled here i could make bot accounts like you lol.

again, ur not hurting me feelings.  i still think its kinda funny.  but u r being a troll and its obvious.  btw, what r u talking about "bot accounts", lol.  im sitting right here in front of me puter.  and i reported u for ur blatantly mean-spirited attitude toward other forum members.  which i do believe is against the rules.  therefore u prolly will get urself banned soon.  btw, is this ur form of "help" on the official eqii forums?

two things, mods:

first, plz do something about this guy who is tearing every1 that likes this game down for no other reason than he is a jerk.

and second, plz lock this thread that is no longer on topic and therefore a pointless arguement.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

guess i should go back and report all your post, spaming, harrassing, belittling, being rude, inciting, racial slurs, labeling ................

i just dont have the time though.

oO plz do it, Oo plz, oO plz, oO plz!!!!!!  i wanna see u get banned for false accusation;)

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

those are called heritage quests, and yes they are longggg, ( not really long at all, most are doable in 2 hours)and fun if you like questing,( these were interesting the first time around, they gave some lore of eq1 items as they told ya to go kill x amount of critters) poets palace is awesome as well, that puzzle with the brass, platinum, and copper statues was very cool, but from the looks of it most of the people dissing this game really dont have info about the quests like the claymore series and the ones where you have to lead ceartian npc's out of places to save them (why should we, no one really wants to go do that stuff ..... for good reason too its repetitive and gets old really fast, some quest are really awesome they make you think its a solo quest then after all the bs you go through you end up having to raid to finish it.), as they probably didnt grow long enuff ingame to get too the more indepth complex quests ( been there done that ), And truly the only quests i can think of that repeatedly ask you to kill x amount of things repeatedly are city tasks (this is the way you level your guild primarily, so will do lots of these, but remember he said leveling a guild is fun =) !!!), these do not do anything for you unless you are in a guild, and then they are to lvl your guild by giving guild status as a reward., and even tyhen the lvl 65-70 city tasks or ''writs'' if you will can be taken in zones where killing said mobs will have to be done anyways to cross the halls to get too quest places, so hell why not take em and get yer guild xp up ( and remember to go kill x amount of mobs then go all the way back to starter city to go get 1 more writ, wash rinse repeat.) . Poa, den of the devourer, halls of fate, the labs, these places are awesome.(static dungeons, mobs dont move around, place is always the same and farmers will get most the names for ya) Also there are things you can loot of creatures thAT  you can feed to things to activate named spawns that drop loot that is just as good as raid loot, and master spells as well, hell i just got fusion master off the earthlord who is a spawn you make by feeding this tree crystals, he requires a group if you cant chain him like a wizard and bomb from the distance, but hell it is gr8 to see to get legendary stuff from group encounters and not have top go raidinfg yer ass off if ya dont want too. ( EoF expansion will change this halftruth, no level increase in eof, historically with no level increase the designers are working on more raid content and raid itemization, so enjoy raiding more in eof)

they are increasing the guild lvl's and adding more guild amentities for you r hard playing to lvl your guild, and i still repeat that lillin is illin andimage  They really need to leave this forumn and even there ip adress be banned if thats possible,

playing eq2 and two worlds

• shmigshmig Member Posts: 43
    This topic was very interesting and informative about the innards of quests in EQ2, until about page 3...

Having never played EQ2, and being very burned out on WoW, i was hoping to shine some light on a game that I thought had more to give than WoW originally laid on the plate 2 years ago. I've learned that there's supposedly 3500+ quests, though a lacking of lore and build-up in storyline in these quests, and that crafting actually adds something to the game. However, you have all degraded managed to degrade this topic to a childish punching fight which is very sad. Now I'm learning nothing, gaining nothing.

Hopefully you will all learn this from me: keep your retorts impersonal and short; sticks and stones hurt, times new roman shouldn't. Someone says something innapropriate or personally offensive I have no problem with you saying something, but several pages of it is just sad.

Oh, and I have to agree that Eve is quite boring, but it's incredibly open for the player to roleplay in the purest sense of the word (even more pure than your DnD magic-missles sense of the word).

well, for me part in it, shmig, im deeply sry to have gotten carried away like that.

Originally posted by shmig
    This topic was very interesting and informative about the innards of quests in EQ2, until about page 3...

Having never played EQ2, and being very burned out on WoW, i was hoping to shine some light on a game that I thought had more to give than WoW originally laid on the plate 2 years ago. I've learned that there's supposedly 3500+ quests, though a lacking of lore and build-up in storyline in these quests, and that crafting actually adds something to the game. However, you have all degraded managed to degrade this topic to a childish punching fight which is very sad. Now I'm learning nothing, gaining nothing.

Hopefully you will all learn this from me: keep your retorts impersonal and short; sticks and stones hurt, times new roman shouldn't. Someone says something innapropriate or personally offensive I have no problem with you saying something, but several pages of it is just sad.

Oh, and I have to agree that Eve is quite boring, but it's incredibly open for the player to roleplay in the purest sense of the word (even more pure than your DnD magic-missles sense of the word).

Hello hsmig, eq2 differs from wow somewhat, as for lore, i always complete the tome and book collections in the game , they give lore about chars, abckgrounds and stories, Some of the unique things i like about eq2 is that you can scale walls to get to ceartain places, and some quests require you to move objects like boxes or bricks to climb up to ceartain areas to activate things, also some of the quests have interactive puzzles in them, if you want to know more email me with questions ill be happy to answer them , as i think im about done trying to be trutnhful and positive on this thread with lurkers and flamers hanging about.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

EQ2 is a fine game, there is hundreds of quests ot enable you xp for lvl'ing ( welcome to FedEx Recruitment Test), also you may grind if you wihs the choce is yours,( the choice is yours, until you notice everyone else is in the end game) being in a guild has its advantages as well, guilds have a reason in eq2, ( if you want faster horses then 40% or what ever it is in the stables, then leveling your guild to 30ish will help) you can lvl your guild mine atm is lvl 27 and i have a lvl 70 palladin ( on the bazaar server, ie ...... buy your way through the game), there are 2 expansions ( buy EoF will probally come with other expansions since most retailers do not stock eq2 original or dof anymore), one on the way ( EoF ), and 3 adventure packs out so content is not an issue ( i agree content was not an issue when designing these adventure packs, 5 to 9 dollars for each one by the way), it is group orientated in a lot of instances, and also there is high end raid content, and raid content through out the lvls, they are called epics, they go from lvl 19-lvl72 epics and require multiple group encounters to defeat , htere is also a cple systems called achievement system (aa grinding), and the belief system coming next month in the expansion ( more aa grinding), these allow you to put points into ceartain skills where you desire to enhance your char (your chars will all be the same in the long run). I would recamend this game to people who like questing and whom like content ( i wouldn't, that would be false advertising), also the adornemnt crafting system is coming next expansion, this will allow crafters to rip down armor and weapons to retrieve components to make adornement pieces for weps and armor, as well as player cloaks (make ya use crafters to augment items, this wont last long). Need more help contace Haggly on the bazaar server, i run the guild order of storms and am blessed to have many nice fun outgoing people in my guild, we also have ventrilo. ( yall must be rich, level 70 toons, nice gear, and ventrilo all on the buy your toon server, i was wondering what is the return policy on a toon you buy that ya dont like? )

lillin yer funny, lol, i find the best way to get aa points at lvls pre 70 is to find and turn in collections, finish hallmark quest, find looted antique treasures, and visit locations and land markers, all these give aa xp, as well as adventure xp, of course after lvl 70 when yer adventure xp is maxed ALL xp goes to the aa xp conversion and goes very fast. Illin you turd btw, i did not buy my toon, i transferred it from crushbone to play with my wife over a year ago, you must be blinded with dental floss if you can nolt open your eyes to think that people always buy stuff if there on the bazaar server, hell man i didnt even know it was a auction server, and i still have not used it, all my stuff is made or looted tyvm. You are the kind of delusional person that scares em, maybe i should warn soe of a disgruntled player lol, . i hope i dont read about you on the news as a gun toting freak that goes on a shooting spree through soe's eq2 headquartes, lol, you hold a very VERY unhealthy grudge towards eq2 for some unkown reason, if it is because you dont enjoy the game man then just get the hell out of the threads for the eq2 forumns, as it is displaying some very unhealthy quality's of yer charecteristics as a human being. theres meds for peeps like you lol.

I have to agree with plano. Well said.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Report me all ya like plano, sorry the truth hurts your feelings. I guess if my account did get canceled here i could make bot accounts like you lol.
    It's not the truth, it's your opinion. There are plenty of people who disagree with you. Incidentally, why are you here? you obviously don't want to be. Go peddle it somewhere else.

guess i
    should go back and report all your post, spaming, harrassing,
    belittling, being rude, inciting, racial slurs, labeling
    ................ i just dont have the time though.

Actually,
    plano, while we have had our disagreements, hasn't been nearly as
    insulting, harassing, belittleng, rude, inciting, baiting, as you have
    been.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

Actually EQ2 can be either exciting or reptitive depending on how YOU play it.  I have seen many posts here of people saying that all the quests are Fed-Ex or kill thing quests.  That is not entirely true.  There are those who say that the lore for EQ2 is not in-depth, also not entirely true. 

What I have found in the past 2 years of playing is that much of the lore has to be sought after, but there is a wealth of it out there.  My main character has a library of well over 100 books scrolls and tomes, many of which deal with great storylines and in-depth lore.  As I have moved on in the game and come across various characters I often go back to tomes that mention their name and reread them and the story takes on more significance for me.  

I've gone back to Nektropos castle many times to learn more about the mysterious Everling family as well as to complete the many quests offered there. 

Fallen Gate and Stormhold each have their own lore and interesting quests.  I really enjoyed learning about the Knights of Thunder and how Stormhold was destroyed.

There is an entire storyline...well actually two or three... that run through Deathfist Citadel and the quests that take you there.

Runneye and Rivervale also have some great lore and interesting quests.  One of my all time favorites is the Draffling Tower.

There is also the entire Dragon language quest and the search for Nagafen's egg, which is a wonderfully rich storyline and quest.

Actually in thinking about it, all of the Heritage quests are also very rich in lore and detail.  What's kind of neat is that with many NPC's that give you quests, if you want more lore you can ask them about themselves, the quest, the area, or whatever, or if you want to just get the quest done, you can skip the lore and just go straight to the "I'll get that done for you" option.  This allows for those people who like to learn lore and get immersed in the story to do so, while allowing other people who want to just go get the job done to do that.

The Living Tombs and Silent City in DoF and the Peacock series of quests that runs through that expansion are very interesting and thought provoking and iMHO very well done.  There are even paintings of various gods/godesses in Living Tombs that you have to look for to find...you aren't led to them by any quest, but if you're an explorer you will find them.  Poet's Palace is another very fun zone that I still haven't completed all the quests for.

KoS adds another whole Epic series of quests to find the stolen Claymore which follow a very long and intricate storyline.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and some of my favorites, but there are many more including the adventure packs.  The Isle of Mara is gorgeous and again has some interesting questlines.

Is killing needed to complete these quests? Yes, of course!  Is there other things you do besides killing?  Yes, of course.  Is there problem solving and puzzle solving?  Yes, of course.  Am I still having fun after 2 years of Eq2?  Yes I am!  Is it as exciting to me now as it was when it was brand new?  Not entirely, but then is anything?  Fortunately the dev's continue to add new content and change things around and mix things up enough to keep me interested and enjoying myself.  The community of people I play with are wonderful people that I have a great time with no matter what zone we might be doing or redoing.

actually, Xan, uve kinda opened me eyes abit too.  i have been just getting the quests done without actually reading the story behind it.  i know that from now on tho, im going to start actually reading the quest and lore that i get.  ty

Plano, you might find some real interesting things too if you peruse the Official EQ2 Lore forums.  It makes you think and helps you want to find out things, speculate, and observe more than you otherwise would.  Lore quests are added to the game from time to time and are never mentioned in the update info, simply because lore lovers don't like spoilers, but you can find hints about them in the Lore forum.

A recent in-game observation that was mentioned in ooc chat while I was running around Antonica one game-night...the shattered moon is changing!  Never mentioned by any of the Dev's, but the shape of the shattered moon has changed over the past two years!  Simple observation and being aware can make this game very immersive, it's up to you to look around and observe though...it isn't just handed to you. image  You have to keep your eyes and ears open.

ah.....tyvm

Originally posted by Xandrya

Plano, you might find some real interesting things too if you peruse the Official EQ2 Lore forums.  It makes you think and helps you want to find out things, speculate, and observe more than you otherwise would.  Lore quests are added to the game from time to time and are never mentioned in the update info, simply because lore lovers don't like spoilers, but you can find hints about them in the Lore forum.
    A recent in-game observation that was mentioned in ooc chat while I was running around Antonica one game-night...the shattered moon is changing!  Never mentioned by any of the Dev's, but the shape of the shattered moon has changed over the past two years!  Simple observation and being aware can make this game very immersive, it's up to you to look around and observe though...it isn't just handed to you. image  You have to keep your eyes and ears open.

I knew it, the moon is changing and shifting because the erudites may very well be aliens and there doing something up there.

I love your theories Boognish!  

Erudites are scary, they remind me of the BORG, but none of them are as pretty as 7 of 9. 

There's one in my guild that says he is a liche and that he has been around from before the days of EQ1.  He's quite fun to roleplay with.  Especially when he gets flirtatious with my wood-elf and I have to remind him that Erudites don't procreate the old-fashioned way.  He always says he's from the time when they once did and he still remembers how.  He's funny!