Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard Market/Chat/map

2»

Comments

• SerenikillSerenikill Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Anofalye
    Instead of limiting chat to range, wouldn't it have been better to limit it to an amount of players? I mean, if someone in the middle of nowhere OOC:  Can someone explain me how to blablabla, 3 persons see that. Another in the middle of a crowded area, and 2000 players see it?   Wouldn't it be better to have it work on the X closest players?  It would be easy to check and prolly less lag.  No matter the way it is done, I see many discussions dying either way, as peoples move away, without zoning, so they expect that the other player see his answer, yet the other player never saw his answer...so seemless = antisocial feature on this precise point, if based on sole distance or if based on X closest players, peoples will not see answers, yet they will think that the other player saw it, while he never sees it...bad...really bad.   So maybe you have to keep in memory all the players who read you, or that you read, in the last 5 minutes...which would be incredibly heavy to manage for a server and thereby create lag, which is something we don't want...so the choice is to have an anti-social feature or to bring more lag...there must be another way, but I just can't see it.  I hope they do, because anti-social features are not cool in MMOs...and lag is even worser.
    This might alleviate some of your concerns... it is a quote from Brad (lead designer)

"There will definitely be 'intelligent' messaging that takes into
    consideration who you've been speaking with, where you are, what you
    are doing, who is near you, who is in your guild, or group, or friends
    list, etc. So there shouldn't be some major hassle having to type out
    long names, or to quickly type out two names in the midst of combat,
    etc. These really revolves around making a good chat client that goes
    the extra mile in terms of assisting the player in communicating when
    and to whom he wishes."

Source: http://www.silkyvenom.com/pages/faq.php?faqid=364

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    Well, I havent heard anything about auction houses. But i hope it will be like in SWG there the maximum money limit was 20k. So there it was only simple things that was selling. And thats where player vendors came in, rly good system i'd say.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• damkardamkar Member Posts: 83

y e mail on websites and whatnot is so i don't forget my log in information.BTW if you all really think the demon baphomet comes from D&D originally, you better think again. ::::02::

Probably relying upon contemporary Eastern sources, Western scholars have recently supposed that 'Bafomet' has no connection with Mohammed, but could well be a corruption of the Arabic abufihamet (pronounced in the Moorish Spanish something like bufihimat). The word means 'father of understanding.' In Arabic, 'father' is taken to mean 'source, chief seat of,' and so on. In Sufi terminology, ras el-fahmat (head of knowledge) means the mentation of man after undergoing refinement - the transmuted consciousness." Idries Shah, The Sufis ~ Wikipedia

In his 19th-century Occultist reincarnation, a well known depiction shows Baphomet in the form of a winged humanoid goat with a pair of breasts and a torch on his head between his horns (illustration, top). This image comes from Eliphas L
  • lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

Wow, I am sorry guys. I have intentionally broke threads to derail a conversation and they have never been as successful as this one with the simple question of, "curious about your name, it sounds familiar".  I'll have to try it next time I want to derail a thread.

Worked better then my usual, "My donkey is blue"

Not so nice guy!

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by lordtwisted
    Wow, I am sorry guys. I have intentionally broke threads to derail a conversation and they have never been as successful as this one with the simple question of, "curious about your name, it sounds familiar".  I'll have to try it next time I want to derail a thread.
      Worked better then my usual, "My donkey is blue"

LOL no shit, its funny people are so concerned about my name....but its all good. ::::19::