Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

computer reqs

i like how they are making the game so that people with lower end computers can also play

2.1 ghz procesor
nvidia gefore 5700
128-512mg ram

i mean wow that is crazy low on that stuff

guild wars wont even let you get on without 256mb ram

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by achellis

i like how they are making the game so that people with lower end computers can also play2.1 ghz procesor
    nvidia gefore 5700
    128-512mg rami mean wow that is crazy low on that stuffguild wars wont even let you get on without 256mb ram

you cant play vanguard with a system like that i don't think, you will need a new graphics card at the very least because the geforce 5 seres is not compatible.

also you will indeed need at least 512 mb of ram possibly more at release, that processor might be good enough though.

• SerenikillSerenikill Member Posts: 45

you will need at least 512mb of RAM but everything else should cut it on lower settings on release

• DimitrioDimitrio Member UncommonPosts: 152

If you read brad post about 3D mmorpgs, he clearly states that NVidia 5xxx series are bad for 3D gaming and I agree with him. My recommendation get something above 6800 series or ATI equivalent. And you need 512 or more of memory if you want to run  any game like vanguard at least for grouping.

Dimitrio Darkblade
    Founder Leader of Vitae Essentia
    http://www.veguild.org

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

right now, nobody can answer that. not even beta folks.  the game is bloated and its performance is its achiles heal.

think everquest 2, and multiply its performance by about 4.  people will argue debug code etc.

anyway, yes you'll need 2 gig of ram for this game.  you'll need above a 6800 as Dimitrio pointed out.  THEY will need to deflate their textures and their client before it performs adequately.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • achellisachellis Member Posts: 542
    yes but there maiking it so that you can use that

just check the faq

• SerenikillSerenikill Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Rayx0r
    right now, nobody can answer that. not even beta folks.  the game is bloated and its performance is its achiles heal. think everquest 2, and multiply its performance by about 4.  people will argue debug code etc. anyway, yes you'll need 2 gig of ram for this game.  you'll need above a 6800 as Dimitrio pointed out.  THEY will need to deflate their textures and their client before it performs adequately.
    The game runs as is in beta right now just fine with 1 gig of a ram... and that will prolly be minimum but they might get it down to 512mb min... we will have to see.

if you guys just look on the faqs on vandgaurdsoh.com then you would see that i am right

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

if you guys just look on the faqs on vandgaurdsoh.com then you would see that i am right

Do you realize how many games do not run worth a shit if you go with their minimum system requirements? But if you go only by the faq statements of requirements to run a game, by all means play the game with that comp setup. And be sure to rant and rave at the devs 'cause their faq is wrong::::24::

Originally posted by Zorvan
    if you guys just look on the faqs on vandgaurdsoh.com then you would see that i am righti wasnt saying that it would good i was just stating the fact that it is cool how they are making it so that it can run on an every day machine

Do you realize how many games do not run worth a shit if you go with their minimum system requirements? But if you go only by the faq statements of requirements to run a game, by all means play the game with that comp setup. And be sure to rant and rave at the devs 'cause their faq is wrong::::24::

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

It's important to note that the GeForce 5 series, while sometimes a bit mesleading, does not truly support Shader model 2.0 and are not compatible with Vanguard.

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1494018#post1494018

that means your card will not work...and this is the quote i assume you are referring to from the faq..

It's too early to announce Vanguard's hardware, memory, or storage requirements, but our current guess at a 'min' spec is a machine with a 2.4 ghz processor, a graphics card with 128M of RAM, and between 512megs and 1 gig of system memory. Higher end systems will be able to take advantage of certain graphics and display options, but it is very important to us that Vanguard be a game that can be played and enjoyed on an 'average' gaming machine. Also, keep in mind that faster computers and graphics cards, plus the price of RAM, continue to go down -- with our planned release date being Winter 2006/07, a machine that will run Vanguard well will not be a costly one.

http://vanguardsoh.com/faq.php?eid=17&faqid=17&ptext=Technology%2FMin+Spec

its your graphics card that needs 128mb of memory and it has to have shader model 2.0, your system memory needs to be between 512-1gig. and just like i said a 2.1gig processor might work but it is a bit lower than the min spec in that quote.

im just trying to warn you that a system like you put in your OP will not be good enough, though with some cheap upgrades it could work. ::::19::