Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still playing?

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174
Are you still playing?

Comments

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629
    One of my worst experiences with a MMO.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Reinstalling as we speak since I can't get in PSU Online tonight due to their maint. schedule.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    I reinstalled last night as mentioned above.  The game seemed a lot more stable then when I last tried it at launch.  I only messed around for about an hour and half but all in all it looks like the game has came along fairly nicely.   

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186
    It is impossible for me to carry on playing until they fix drop rates which is such a shame it has been a good MMO experience for me. The idea of merging all servers together is causing some unrest atm but it looks like thats the way its going to go.

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278
    When I think of RFO I think of... PT Grind *wahhhh nightmares*. image

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249
    not played for a few months, i liked rfo but grinding money to buy pots PT grinding, muppets 10 lvls up stalking me, it became a bit boring.

shame coz the idea of RvRvR and the chip wars were all good but in practice it didnt work out that great, chip wars pop imbalance was marked, someday a mmo will work out how to "force" people into choosing even sides :)

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

I picked this game up when it first came out but never made it past the first month. 

I liked it at first.  I much prefer point and click to wasd.  I like the sci-fi approach.  The graphics are totally decent and the game runs very smoothly even with the visual settings all the way up.  I liked my character and enjoyed leveling it up.  I thought combat was fun and the fact that it was a linear grind fest didn't even bother me all that much. 

What really killed the game for me was:

1. You level up your skills by using them over and over again

2. Potion spamming is compulsory

3. Faction pvp

I think #1 is the worst..  This game is perfect for running a macro program that performs mouse clicks while you're afk.  Maybe if they made it so you could choose a couple skills that would train up all the time, even when you're logged out (like EVE).  I don't know, just a suggestion

#2 is pretty bad.  I remember filling my inventory with potions and spamming them as fast as i could almost 100% of the time i was in combat.  Not that you have much else to spend your money on, but this is ridiculous.  Really kills the immersion and wears out your fingers after a while. 

As for #3, I like open pvp, not that i'm a griefer but most of the time in these games the ppl you want to kill the most are the kill-stealers in your own faction.  And of course, faction pvp prevents you from sending them back to town when they piss you off. 

Have they solved any of these problems yet? 

• WassisfaceWassisface Member Posts: 18
    I would love to, if it weren't for that pt system messing everything up. I thought the game was built around a rather weak premise/world too, so they have a lot of work to do before this one gets another paying attempt from me.

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

Originally posted by isurus

I picked this game up when it first came out but never made it past the first month. 
    I liked it at first.  I much prefer point and click to wasd.  I like the sci-fi approach.  The graphics are totally decent and the game runs very smoothly even with the visual settings all the way up.  I liked my character and enjoyed leveling it up.  I thought combat was fun and the fact that it was a linear grind fest didn't even bother me all that much. 
    What really killed the game for me was:
    1. You level up your skills by using them over and over again
    2. Potion spamming is compulsory
    3. Faction pvp
    I think #1 is the worst..  This game is perfect for running a macro program that performs mouse clicks while you're afk.  Maybe if they made it so you could choose a couple skills that would train up all the time, even when you're logged out (like EVE).  I don't know, just a suggestion
    #2 is pretty bad.  I remember filling my inventory with potions and spamming them as fast as i could almost 100% of the time i was in combat.  Not that you have much else to spend your money on, but this is ridiculous.  Really kills the immersion and wears out your fingers after a while. 
    As for #3, I like open pvp, not that i'm a griefer but most of the time in these games the ppl you want to kill the most are the kill-stealers in your own faction.  And of course, faction pvp prevents you from sending them back to town when they piss you off. 
    Have they solved any of these problems yet? 

No need for me to comment, since I agree with this 100%.  I played RFO for about 4-5 months after release.  Before that I was in a very good beta.  Community was OK, I was in a nice clan, it was a very fun, competitive experience.  However, I couldn't keep up, and content ran out, or things just got too repetitive for me.  I always thing of returning, because overall, I had a good time playing.