Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General Discussion

PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

exactly what the title says.  general discussion about anything.  prefer it to b about EQII, but there is no "off-topic" in here, cause its all "general discussion".

ill start it.  i get tired of all the ppl in forums that only get their thrills by pissing others off.  thats pretty much all i got to say bout that.  if they cant argue with ur reasoning on a game(cause its solid), they start picking apart ur grammer.  if they cant stand that u dont agree with their "opinion", they start degrading u and calling u a narrow minded child.  because obviously, if u were an adult, u would see their point and agree with them, right?  some1 has suggested in another forum that the age requirement for being on a forum should b bumped up to 18.  but what i see is that there r 13 yr olds that r just as mature on boards as 28 yr olds, and there r 45 yr olds that r more immature than 10 yr olds.  so age requirement isnt the answer imo.  but what is???

in some forums, ppl r so quick to report other posters for minor offences, then they r the same ones that start flame wars, or troll the forums.   most ppl know what a troll is by now, so i wont explain it.  i believe that Flem has a nifty pic that he posts every once and a while that explains it well.

i guess what im saying and the reason for this thread is this:

to show us all how petty and silly it is to fight each other in a forum, when i read a post on a forum, the first thing i think about is this, this is there opinion and they r entitled to it.  if i agree with said opinion, then i feel it only right to let them know that i agree.  ppl like to hear that.  and if u say u dont, ur lying.  every1 likes affirmation.  if i dont agree with their opinion, which does happen.  then IF i feel that i must say that i dont agree, i think to meself, how would i like to hear it.  i dont know any1 that likes to b treated like a retard (forum member or RL), in fact, if half of what is said on these and any forums for that matter, was said in RL to a RL persons face.  well, maybe not always, but id say most of it would end in hospitalization.  maybe worse.

again, like i already said, u can write whatever u want in here, thats y i created it.  call it a release thread, if u will.  a place where u can vent about stupidity if u want.  talk about real issues if u want to.  bump the topic if u want to.  or just stay with this topic that i started if u see the need to.  u can even just tell stories if u wanna.  i love a good story.

the only thing that i ask is, plz, plz, plz, respect other ppls opinion and dont resort to namecalling and flaming.  cause that isnt y i created this thread.

Comments

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207
    I get tired of people lieing about how " fun and wonderful " a game is to try and sucker peeps in it.  Quit wasting peoples money.
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

whats fun and wonderful for some ppl may not b for some1 else.

Yep and im warning em =)

kk, warning taken.  now u can rest easy, friend.  however; the trial of the isle is a free download, so for ppl to find out for themselves is not that bad of a thing, is it?  so im of the opinion, that they really dont need to b "warned".  i dont think that theres a person on this forum that doesnt know that Lillian hates EQII and bashes it every post he/she can.

again, like i said, whats fun and wonderful for one may not b for some1 else.  the opposite is also true.  and it looks to me like ur trying very hard to turn as many ppl off to EQII as u can.  even ppl that might actually enjoy the game.  is that a good thing?  to deny ppl of fun, because u dont like it.

kk we heard your bs as well, but keep making topics.

I guess someone will believe this game is alive with a higher post count eh?

lol, well as long as u heard me "bs"

btw, lobbiest lillian,  ru still being constructive here?  cause i really have to question ur constructiveness when ur whole point seems to b that any1 that enjoys EQII is a retard.

i dont think i called people who enjoy eq2 a retard. Inciting are we?

i havent seen a constructive post from you yet.  You are name calling, you are giving hollow reviews, you are bashing people and starting arguements of those who speak out against eq2.  All you have done is look for the opposition and try and belittle them, i dont belittle people becuase they oppose my view i belittle people who try and do it to others.  I give facts and my opinions of what i have seen in my time in eq2 from november 9th 2004.  With my maxed out main character and many alts in pvp and pve. 

I have quite a post history in eq2 forums of trying to help the game and broden its horizons.  I was ban for my attempted help.  So what makes a person not like eq2?  As many who feel the same way as i do, they wouldnt know where to begin, a customer that has grievences with the company, the product, the staff ............... i would suspect there is alot going on that is beyond your 24 days of eq2 time.  

But keep talking and spreading your gospel, people will try it, people will leave it, and nothing you say will sell them back.  Alot of people left that game, the majority of its potential customers i would bet.  Thats why servers get merged and people in thier own forums are asking to have them merged again.  KoS expansion sells for 3.99 here ( comes with eq2 original) dof is not even sold in stores unless its overstocked .......... come on that is proof enough the game is not doing well. 

So if i piss you off then dang im sorry, but dont blame me, blame the game you play, its the one going under and making your attempts at praising it seem futile and making you bitter.

who did i call names, wheres me hollow review, who did i bash, who did i start an arguement with, who did i belittle, and how am i inciting u?

im a active member of the eqii forums, and ive never read anything from u if its under the same name as on here.  ive never been banned from any forum for anything, and i think it takes alittle more than what u would lead us to believe to get banned from a game forum.

im not spreading "gospel".  im just saying try it and see if u like it.  maybe u havent been paying attention to some of the other posters, but there r quite a few ppl that have been in this game since the beginning and they still like it.  ive not read anything about another merger of the servers.  where can u buy KoS for 3.99?  i paid a hella lot more than that for it.  and how is that proof of anything?  there r some games that r very pop. but arent sold in any of the stores that i shop at.

ur not pissing me off, ur amusing me.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203
    /me points at the general discussion forum expecially made for threads like these.

Originally posted by ginfress01
    /me points at the general discussion forum expecially made for threads like these.

clarify, plz.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203
    Look at the forum option General Categories in which you can find the forum General Discussion where threads can created about any game gossip.
    this is true, however;  if u read me OP u would see that i stated that i preferred the topic to b about EQII.  so i still believe its in the right place.

any1 got any good EQII stories to tell?

i dont yet.  well, i guess i could, but since im still only lvl 23 pally and 22 alchy.  i really cant say much about too much.  cept that i love this game, and i havent even touched the expansions yet.  i did roll a couple alts tho.  thats alot of fun.  but i think i should have waited a while on that, tho.  cause now im thinking about switching me main to one of those alts a rolled.  not cool.  but doable i guess, since im still relatively lowbie in the lvl.  what is ur fav. class and quests and such?